• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The game has finally arrive, and for celebration let's all discussing it in this thread

Welcome everyone to the new golden age of fighting games, and after a long redemption, Street Fighter has finally set it step to the bigger leap and it payed very well
Discuss and chat everything here from the gameplay, tourney, characters, and most importanlty, indexing

And without any further talk, let's begin the thread!
l3bg7nmfPpPzam5jOVlaUFww.jpg

images

I knew that the Sakura Ganbaru manga and Maki’s Alpha 3 story were canon.

So basically, I was watching this video on SF6 cameos, and there’s this piece of art where a Japanese festival takes place. Sakura and Maki were at that festival together.

I knew that the Sakura Ganbaru manga and Maki’s Alpha 3 story were canon.

So basically, I was watching this video on SF6 cameos, and there’s this piece of art where a Japanese festival takes place. Sakura and Maki were at that festival together.
Then they have anything that adds up to the canon? On a vs perspective matter

What makes them canon, though, instead of just the games taking elements from the manga?
Also, do they contradict the canon in any way?

What makes them canon, though, instead of just the games taking elements from the manga?
Also, do they contradict the canon in any way?
Doesn’t really contradict the canon in anyway from what I know.

As for what makes the Alpha 3 Maki story canon, Sakura was trying to find Ryu, Maki was trying to find Guy, and apparently Maki found out that Sakura fought Guy sometime after Alpha 2 happened. As a result, they basically end up going to Thailand together (though not before picking up Ken from the US) and then they run into Karin and Guy respectively.

Sakura and Maki duke it out with their friendly rivals, but Maki’s fight with Guy is cut short due to Bison showing up with a brainwashed Ryu… and the rest of Alpha 3 goes as normal.

More than Alpha 3, which I can believe being at least partially canon (as all arcades are somewhat canon with some liberties, judging from SF4 and 5) I question the manga itself being such, since SF always happened to adapt elements from mangas and ovas, even Gouken himself comes from the first manga.

Anyway, @Dalesean027 you think this feat is worthy to be calced? (Starts at 4.05) it's a minor spoiler of the player's interactions with Zangief, idk if you've already seen it or not.

Last edited:
I don't think it really needs to be calculated, you just need to figure out the weight of the submarine, and then i think cut it by whatever the coefficient of friction on ice is

Given the side wings on the observation tower, probably a BS-64 sub.

Use the displacement weight for full submersion.

More than Alpha 3, which I can believe being at least partially canon (as all arcades are somewhat canon with some liberties, judging from SF4 and 5) I question the manga itself being such, since SF always happened to adapt elements from mangas and ovas, even Gouken himself comes from the first manga.
Well, for the Alpha 2 manga, it kind of serves as a ground zero for how Sakura got her start as a Street Fighter. It also explains important events that happened that were part of her character (canon events, if you will). Sure, the same thing could apply to the Alpha 2 game, but then people would get confused as to how Sakura & Cammy are friends when they play the 4 games.

That CEO tourney was a blast, Punk vs Caba was a nerve-breaking, and Yipes doing a Blanka grunts whenever MenaRD do something vicious was f***ing hilarious (and crowds doing the same make it better lmao)

Either her or Rock/Terry on his Garou outfit (to promote the upcoming Fatal Fury title; one step close to CvS3, though I prefer if they expand a roster outside SF and KOF).

I could create Ryo if Dan gets in a Year Two Character Pass (darn it to limited dye options; but his Mr. Karate II design is possible with some of Ryu & Ken's moves), managed to finish Geese (with a Shrine Maiden outfit and any white socks) though a fighting style close to his own is hard to find and Akuma isn't released yet (Zanku Hadoken would be Shippuken - just Drive Parry and go PREDICTABO with any kind of throw).

What characters outside Capcom titles or SNK titles would be neat if they made it in SF as guests?
Kazuya would actually make somewhat sense, and the director wants to make a crossover with DC or Marvel Comics (I'll actually like to see DC vs. Capcom as a separate game now, after two failed attempts - not sure on latter because of Disney since Infinite, but a Punisher-MvC2 collection on consoles should be enough)

Arika owns the EX series' original characters now and they allowed to release costumes in Street Fighter V, so... Skullomania?

Last edited:
Kazuya would actually make somewhat sense
Not sure if Capcom wants another deal with Namco to get a Tekken character again in their style and all
and the director wants to make a crossover with DC or Marvel Comics (I'll actually like to see DC vs. Capcom as a separate game now, after two failed attempts - not sure on latter because of Disney since Infinite, but a Punisher-MvC2 collection on consoles should be enough)
Deals with Disney and Warner Bros is hard to make and costly, but they done with former plenty, i guess its a matter of "is it worth it?"
Arika owns the EX series' original characters now and they allowed to release costumes in Street Fighter V, so... Skullomania?
Remains to be seen on that, tho usually a guests gotta be something that draws people in, is skullomania a big name to draw an audience to benefit SF to get bigger sales from it?

Btw, I'm in the (super slow) process of making SF6 profiles.
This is my JP wip, I have yet to finish to write the summary and other sections such as the NA&T, but I'd like to have a feedback from you and know if there's any character you'd like me to make next.
(Also, I can't find a fitting quote for him...)
Probably Kimberly (given her prominence in a sandbox draft; this here does interest me), Manon or Marisa, depending on who is easier to handle (latter fighting style-wise). After all newcomers and upgrades for veterans are done, Avatar may likely come next.

On feedback, as always, you're doing great thus far. Street Fighter Wiki has one of JP's intro quotes used in his main/character page: "An honor, to be sure."

Last edited:
Back