• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is a underestimating, pikimins are much smaller them humans, small size type 2 is not one category smaller nowhere

This is the oposite situation you are putting there, imagine instead a mosquito fighring... A pig for exemple, the mosquito ofcourse can sting and suck the pig blood without much effort, but make the mosquito the size of the pig and see It just be smashed by the big body slaming It

Pikimins are used with flying things tring to catch, bite, sting, grab, smash, stiing them and have show to use oponents atacks to wait for oportunities to defeat them, like waiting It to atack, dodge and be trow over them from behind

They aren't made to fight directly trough, the own profile of It and was alread stated here to be a spy machine, It's made to do what the mosquito would do to a pig, It's only mean of atack is jabbing them selfs foward to sting It's oponent, It don't overpower them or try to outskill them, thouse things try to get close by not beingh noticed

What is much more dificult whem the thing you are fighting willenot have more dificult to spot you them a human has to spot drone flying around their head

And again, White pikimins can alone damage metal pipes enough to make them stop leaking poison gás, so if you try to bring the made of metal argument again, no
No shit, but there are Type 1 small size creatures in CY_BORG. Type 0, too, obviously, but they're not often the target of an assassination.

You're ignoring the hypothetical and repeating the same thing you've been.

yeah, we established that already, long past.

Espionage. Not spy. You try to phrase it as though they do not engage in combat- untrue! They're just more focused on stealth. They do not information gather, they do not spy.

I am begging you to genuinely try to make sense, I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Holy **** the metal argument is, simply, that it is more durable than flesh. It isn't as easy as just beating a creature to death. My argument, if you bothered to engage with it, has never been "They are simply immune to damage because they are made of metal". Read the debate, make an argument, or simply don't. Christsake.

Another thing

Sinse the Pikimin are imune to poison

With of this drugs would incapacitate them again?
  • Sunset Chalk
  • Miura (sort of, would make them literally kill each other)
  • Blackout
  • Pink Ooze
  • Vurt

I'm also going to throw something else out there: poison resistance is based on dosage, where these dosages are sufficient to down larger-than-human creatures. I don't know how good the white pikmin's poison resistance is, but poison may actually be more valid than I had previously considered.

No shit, but there are Type 1 small size creatures in CY_BORG. Type 0, too, obviously, but they're not often the target of an assassination.
Cool, could have told that earlier them. Still gonna ask for exemples trough. And considering that Type 1 is at least lower them 50 cm, there is still a huge gap from type 1 to 2.
Espionage. Not spy. You try to phrase it as though they do not engage in combat- untrue! They're just more focused on stealth. They do not information gather, they do not spy.
What do you mean they do not infomation gather? but fair I guess
I am begging you to genuinely try to make sense, I have no idea what you're talking about here.
Comparing the sizes + more of the last pharagraph misunderstanding
Holy **** the metal argument is, simply, that it is more durable than flesh. It isn't as easy as just beating a creature to death. My argument, if you bothered to engage with it, has never been "They are simply immune to damage because they are made of metal". Read the debate, make an argument, or simply don't. Christsake.
Calm the duking down first. Second, yes I know you didn't say they where imune, themI gave you exemples of them destroing metal objects, eith the last one beingh the poison pipes a exemple that show they do not have any more dificult breaking metal apart them normal flesh, beingh able do destroy them in seconds, even if only one white is beating them, you are the one not reading at this part my friend

I adimit, I may have missunderstood the skill of the Stingers and lowballed It in my own judment

• Sunset Chalk
  • Miura (sort of, would make them literally kill each other)
  • Blackout
  • Pink Ooze
  • Vurt
  • "Unless in self defense" if the drones are atacking them I guess It's self defense
  • Wouldn't the closest thing to them be the drones?
  • They are mostly guided by Olimar trowing them and using his whistle to say where they should go and what to do, so trough would make them a bit less able to walk without falling, It is mostly irrelevant
  • I mean, they will feel more pain but isn't like they will act much diferent them whem their bodies where beingh impalled the first time
  • Yes, I guess that one would be effective, point for the stingers
So, will we just be guessing they are filled with Vurt? sinse It was never stated with substance they are loaded with in the description of the fight
I'm also going to throw something else out there: poison resistance is based on dosage, where these dosages are sufficient to down larger-than-human creatures. I don't know how good the white pikmin's poison resistance is, but poison may actually be more valid than I had previously considered.
They can stand over poison pipes leaking poison non stop for any amount of time and don't suffer any willness from It, their own poison is strongh enough to instantly kill beinghs the size of rats(I know It don't compares to humans but I'm just giving exemples of what they could resist, the gas pipe still the main one)

But them let's talk about combat on It self, the drones will fly around and try tostab olimar and the pikimins. Olimar is exelent at cordinate his little soldiers and should have no problem making them and him self dodge the stabs

They fight by beingh guided by Olimar wistle and beingh trowed into their oponents by Olimar, the battle will be mostly a battle of mobility of Olimar and the pikimins dodging the machines stabs and beingh trowed into them, If a drone try to stab a pikimin whem they are atacking another drone Olimar whistle comes again as he can comand them to get out of a latched enemy, a very normal thing in Pikimin battles

And if they try to atack Olimar him self, not only is he faster them the pikimins(Not that matters much with equalized speed) and should be as capable of dodging as his little soldiers, he is not completly helpless alone

His punchs are strongh enough to break apart Armored Cannon Beetle rocks or even damage cristals, that the only pikmins that can break It are the rock ones, here is a list of things It can damage or straight up one shot that pikimins can't to break
note: Pikimin 3 Captains punchs are much weaker them thouse of Olimar

So, going back to civil debate, I understand the nature of the midia the rones come from makes It dificult to have a straight awnser, but I would like to hear a awnser to this questions:

Could you show exemples of the small sized creatures from their universe that you mentioned above?
How is their main battle strategy in a direct combat? I'm okay if the oponent in the explanation is human sized
Do their drugs act instantly or need some time to have a effect?

Cool, could have told that earlier them. Still gonna ask for exemples trough. And considering that Type 1 is at least lower them 50 cm, there is still a huge gap from type 1 to 2.
I did, you just assumed I was wrong and that everyone was a human. My point stands.

What do you mean they do not infomation gather? but fair I guess
A stinger is not intended for spying- it is an assassination machine, semi-regularly deployed into active combat.

• "Unless in self defense" if the drones are atacking them I guess It's self defense
  • Wouldn't the closest thing to them be the drones?
  • They are mostly guided by Olimar trowing them and using his whistle to say where they should go and what to do, so trough would make them a bit less able to walk without falling, It is mostly irrelevant
  • I mean, they will feel more pain but isn't like they will act much diferent them whem their bodies where beingh impalled the first time
  • Yes, I guess that one would be effective, point for the stingers
  • That still leaves them incapacitated until attacked, but yes.
  • Potentially, but the drones are aware of the effects and can quickly render themselves not the closest thing. Especially if, for example, someone were to pick them up.
  • Being blind still severely mitigates their ability to fight, even if they are being thrown to the proximity of their target by Olimar. But, fair, Blackout would not completely neutralize them in this context, just weaken.
  • Yeah.
  • Aye.

So, will we just be guessing they are filled with Vurt? sinse It was never stated with substance they are loaded with in the description of the fight
The stingers can well be equipped with all (or, at least, multiple) of them at once, afaik. Nothing directly implies the contrary at least.

But them let's talk about combat on It self, the drones will fly around and try tostab olimar and the pikimins. Olimar is exelent at cordinate his little soldiers and should have no problem making them and him self dodge the stabs
Per your own admission, the Pikmin more or less entirely rely on Olimar to direct them, meaning only one (or two, I don't know if Olimar is yoked as **** and just swinging these guys around) can be directed at once, and only to the extent that Olimar directs them in that moment. Meanwhile the Stingers are self-governing. I find it unlikely that they will simply "dodge" the stabs.

His punchs are strongh enough to break apart Armored Cannon Beetle rocks or even damage cristals, that the only pikmins that can break It are the rock ones, here is a list of things It can damage or straight up one shot that pikimins can't to break
Both rocks and crystals are substantially less durable to fragmentation than steel. As are shells of bugs, for the record.

Could you show exemples of the small sized creatures from their universe that you mentioned above?
Type 1 Small sized creatures would include the Nanophreak and Whitetail.

How is their main battle strategy in a direct combat? I'm okay if the oponent in the explanation is human sized
Sting and avoid being hit, same as always. The stingers main advantage in open combat is specifically its mobility.

Do their drugs act instantly or need some time to have a effect?
In seconds on a human-sized target. So, instantly.

The stingers can well be equipped with all (or, at least, multiple) of them at once, afaik. Nothing directly implies the contrary at least.
Them we assuming they eill just kmow thw best ones to use?

Per your own admission, the Pikmin more or less entirely rely on Olimar to direct them, meaning only one (or two, I don't know if Olimar is yoked as **** and just swinging these guys around) can be directed at onc
The entire game is about guiding and comtrolling entire armies of pikimin and guiding them around danger and enemies to minimize the pikimin number loss, includijg dealing with more them one wnwmy at the same time, 5 at once would be a walk in the park

Both rocks and crystals are substantially less durable to fragmentation than steel. As are shells of bugs, for the record.
As stated previous, pikimins can easily break apart metal, so Olimar punches and 3 hit combo should upscale a lot from what they can't damage

Sting and avoid being hit, same as always. The stingers main advantage in open combat is specifically its mobility.
So you are saying they have easy to predict atacks and will try to dodge the pikimin trows that are faster them the pikimin and olimar normal movement speed by a lot, and thanks to speed equalization will make really hard to dodge a accurate trow and deal with a pikimin latched to their top

Type 1 Small sized creatures would include the Nanophreak and Whitetail.
Neitheir seem to be able to be affect by poisons or drugs trough...

In seconds on a human-sized target. So, instantly
Noted

Them we assuming they eill just kmow thw best ones to use?
No, although they definitely won't be using Adrenachrome or Red Juice, as those are used as healing aids. This does leave most of their options as something that can outright defeat or severely debilitate the Pikmin.

The entire game is about guiding and comtrolling entire armies of pikimin and guiding them around danger and enemies to minimize the pikimin number loss, includijg dealing with more them one wnwmy at the same time, 5 at once would be a walk in the park
That's awesome and all, but that's with... an entire army, of Pikmin.

As stated previous, pikimins can easily break apart metal, so Olimar punches and 3 hit combo should upscale a lot from what they can't damage
Multiple hits is still more than the one hit needed from the Stingers to incap.

So you are saying they have easy to predict atacks and will try to dodge the pikimin trows that are faster them the pikimin and olimar normal movement speed by a lot, and thanks to speed equalization will make really hard to dodge a accurate trow and deal with a pikimin latched to their top
jyCWdP9.png

Neitheir seem to be able to be affect by poisons or drugs trough...
Oh, apologies, so true, I must have missed the part of the page where it says in all capital letters, "IMMUNE TO POISON".

Oh, apologies, so true, I must have missed the part of the page where it says in all capital letters, "IMMUNE TO POISON"
Please, slow down your sarcasm. Thanks.

If they are made of nanomachines they aren't organic. If they can be poisoned you cold just say "Nah, they are still affected"

Oh Sorry, didn't know going foward in to try to shove your needle face into someone was exteme umpredicable movement. I would apreciate if you try to just say things like "no, It aproches like A not like B" instead of tring to just meme my unterpretation of what you are saying, as I never played this table top game

Multiple hits is still more than the one hit needed from the Stingers to incap.
Takes a white pikimin can destroy a pipe in around 15 hits, olimar punchs should scale up from It, still true, not a one shot, I give you that. But a good "get off me" tool

That's awesome and all, but that's with... an entire army, of Pikmin.
I may have missinterpretedwyour argument them. Are you saying that controlling multiple armies is easyer them 5 soldiers? Or are you saying that he is not fontrolling them individualy when controlling the entire army?

If the later, Olimar has to control and command his armies in smaller groups for effecience in combat, can administrate them to do diferent acrions acrross a entire map and make surr the pikimin holding bombs don't explode one another during combat

No, although they definitely won't be using Adrenachrome or Red Juice, as those are used as healing aids. This does leave most of their options as something that can outright defeat or severely debilitate the Pikmin.
So they will be using things like poison first for the kill and them try the drugs whem the poison don't work? And as we debated earlier, only some of their drugs incapacitate the pikimin completly

I hope your next awser isn't a as imature as the last ones

Please, slow down your sarcasm. Thanks.

If they are made of nanomachines they aren't organic. If they can be poisoned you cold just say "Nah, they are still affected"
Then read the words. They are not made of nanomachines. They are infected with them.

Oh Sorry, didn't know going foward in to try to shove your needle face into someone was exteme umpredicable movement. I would apreciate if you try to just say things like "no, It aproches like A not like B" instead of tring to just meme my unterpretation of what you are saying, as I never played this table top game
I would appreciate if you didn't attempt to twist my words to make it sound super in the untrained random pikmin's favor when it isn't. It's becoming tiring.

Takes a white pikimin can destroy a pipe in around 15 hits, olimar punchs should scale up from It, still true, not a one shot, I give you that. But a good "get off me" tool
Less than 15 is still most certainly more than 1.

I may have missinterpretedwyour argument them. Are you saying that controlling multiple armies is easyer them 5 soldiers? Or are you saying that he is not fontrolling them individualy when controlling the entire army?

If the later, Olimar has to control and command his armies in smaller groups for effecience in combat, can administrate them to do diferent acrions acrross a entire map and make surr the pikimin holding bombs don't explode one another during combat
You have said that Olimar easily throws all of the Pikmin and effortlessly dispatches the Stingers because, with an army of Pikmin, they have dealt with more foes. That point is irrelevant as Olimar does not have an army of Pikmin, nor does he have additional limbs with which to throw them at the solely airborne targets. The pikmin themselves are more or less at the mercy of the Stinger Drones, as it is entirely up to the Stingers when the fighting starts.

So they will be using things like poison first for the kill and them try the drugs whem the poison don't work? And as we debated earlier, only some of their drugs incapacitate the pikimin completly

I hope your next awser isn't a as imature as the last ones
Varies. Stingers can be deployed for numerous purposes and aren't necessarily always going to go for poison. Guaranteed incapacitation is their most likely strategy.

I hope you bother to read first before putting words into my mouth. I'm extremely tired of this thread and the endless reaching.

I will read your awnser later, bussy now. But as I see tou keep beingh rud, so...
I did not putted words in your mouth, I'm just a ducking morron with that don't talk English as my first ducking language, so Isn't the ******* easiest thing to interpreat what you mean exactly. If you want to be rude for thay reason and is tired of this thread you can duck out if you, you are a moderator and Admin, act like one

I did not putted words in your mouth
You did.

I'm just a ducking morron with that don't talk English as my first ducking language
I did not criticize your poor grammar, I criticized the fact that you put words into my mouth after an already unnecessary back and forth.

so Isn't the ******* easiest thing to interpreat what you mean exactly.
More than fair, but interpreting my words to mean the most possible generous thing, going counter to every point I've made so far, is indeed just putting words into my mouth.

If you want to be rude
I don't.

you can duck out if you
I could do a lot of things, but surely you can see the issues with that? If I were expected to simply leave a thread when a user annoys me, I would be effectively unable to perform my duties as an admin. Furthermore, leaving because someone was ostensibly deliberately misrepresenting an argument (i.e., arguing in bad faith) would be a negative gain.

you are a moderator and Admin, act like one
I'm a normal guy on a hobby website. Treat me like one.

They are bassicaly creatures that survive a exteeme hostile enviroment, smaller threats are really easy to them to solo, Bassically everything wants wants to eat pikmin there
I know this person unwatched the thread, but this stood out to me given that Pikmin are straight-up going extinct before Olimar arrives. It's not even a one-time thing, without someone to lead them they are completely incapable of surviving in PNF-404. It's pretty explicit that without the aid of a leader Pikmin are completely worthless, they need Olimar's directions to do basically anything.

When it comes to actually fighting airborne foes Olimar will need to be chucking them by hand since they can't fly, so whistling commands is pretty useless. Granted, he's a great thrower, he can rapid-fire multiple per second even on targets roughly his size, though it does depend on how agile the drones are (and whether they're programmed to actually dodge attacks). Without that the only time the Pikmin get to attack is when they're being themselves attacked.

It should be noted Olimar might actually be 10-B or 10-A in durability, he can survive small but fairly strong explosions, alongside attacks from opponents that are like, probably in the dozens of kilos. Also, he can fight directly, so it's a 6v5 if there's as many White Pikmin as Drones.

I would also consider drugs to count as poisons, it's a pretty arbitrary line to draw given that poisons already vary wildly amongst one another in both workings and function. This probably doesn't matter too much given the Drones can just impale the Whites though.

And just to get this concluded

Incon FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back