• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marcy Wu vs Mister Fantastic

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: A GAME OF CHESS

I'm genuinely surprised you didn't think of this, @ShockingPsychic. In fact, it's been a while since I last saw you. Are you OK?

Anyway, it's about time I start revealing the stuff Marcy's been preparing.
● ------------------------------------- ●
Mr. Fantastic exited the board room, his tablet filled with notes which he was transcribing into a proper document. Normally, his way to his room would only take 5 seconds due to his elastic structure. However in his flow, he was suddenly halted, prompting him to slow down and check the obstruction.

"Hey ReeRi! Do you mind if I call you that?" Marcy greeted.
"I suggest not. Another person has used that name and I am not familiar of you personally enough for you to use these... nicknames" Mr. Fantastic replied.

"Oh, OK then. So how'd the meeting go?".
"We got a new addition, a military investor of some sort. James Ironwood was his name I think but all I can remember is how inefficient and flawed his so-called 'AK-200s'. Even Stark can probably mass produce higher quality goons with just 20 dollars and his mouth".

"Hmm, I'll keep that in-mind. By the way, I made a threat level assessment list. Since you are decently knowledgeable on contingencies, do you mind checking these?" Marcy asked, handing over a stack of papers. Out of interest, Mr. Fantastic decided to read into it. Despite not specializing in contingencies, even an average Reed can outdo most of the characters in their verse. With terrifying efficiency, he skimmed through the whole stack before giving it back to the ranger with some of his notes scribbled in.

"The most grievous fault is the use of individual rankings. It's often better to classify the threat into tiers as comparable threats are often more common than you think. Availability is also not a bad choice as knowing a target's schedule shows all the windows of opportunities" he explained "But it's not too bad. As horrifying the Council can be, the Foundation may just be the most threatening presence in the multiverse, or even beyond. There is one thing I found odd though".

"What would that be?" Marcy asked, realizing that Mr. Fantastic is still holding onto one of the papers.
"Why is Connor ranked #5? I would argue he'd be the weakest of us all in terms of stat and maximum capabilities" he questioned.

"Must've been a typo!" the ranger said, quickly snatching the paper from Reed.
"Well I can offer some auto-correcting programs. It's one of the first things our programmers sought to achieve" he replied.

"Say, I think we're not too far off in terms of base stats. Would you like to try for another point?" Marcy offered, the two walking by a portal.
"Hmm, I can't refuse. I may find a reason to move your spot in my threat level assessment" Mr. Fantastic replied.

• Speed equalized
  • Everything above 8-C is restricted
  • Place Located in: Central Park New York
0ffba831-3af6-4ec5-918b-edd67a21480e.jpg

74df44c6de5d0044e74f20bef1786181.jpg

VS
3f929b4f78fee6e0b7c274c24b28b072eb8a5496.png

Last edited:
Alright, sorry for the wait!

Right off the bat, Reed has an AP/durability advantage, but Marcy has non-blunt attacks, meaning she'll at least be able to damage him using weaponry.

While Marcy does have prior knowledge and a good chunk of prep time, Reed is a more experienced fighter and his powers are every unpredictable. I'd say the prior knowledge and prep tike do kinda close the skill gap though.

Voting Reed for now!

Back