• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe's potential inconsistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be more attributed to mental stress than actual exhaustion, at least thats the way i see it. Ultima brought this up before but the Gems do indeed get their energy from their gemstones, and in one of the comics Steven and Garnet traveled inside Pearl's gemstone, which contained a realm that was described by both Amethyst and Garnet ad being infinite in size. Not sure if this would translate into limitless energy for stamina or not but i just thought i'd bring it up...

Okay, can now someone tell me if Steven and Connie get the upgrades or not, so I could move on with my life?

I do not know. What do the rest of the staff think?

I agree with the upgrades for HoloPearl, Connie, Steven, Ruby and Sapphire (And the people that scale from)

Holo-Pearls, Steven, Ruby, and Sapphire should all have "At most" listed after their Tier 6 stats, but aside from that, I think an upgrade is fine.

I do not agree with scaling Connie. I sincerely doubt Pearl would allow Holo-Pearls comparable in strength to herself to be used as opponents for Connie when lack of attention caused one to poof Pearl. The only time I recall Connie doing anything remotely impressive in comparison to the other characters was very briefly forcing back a surprised Pearl, and even then that was with Steven. Connie also uses Rose's sword, which is explicitly stated to be adept at putting down Gems and similar beings.

Then should we wait for the 10th to see if any Connie feats show up? I mean it is a Connie episode.

Azzy seems reasonable. I think "Possibly 6-C with Roses Sword" for Connie could be applied personally, but I'll leave that for others.

@Otomos. That makes sense.

I am personally fine with "Possibly 6-C with Rose's Sword". What do you think Azathoth?

Okay. Feel free to perform the modification then.

Done. Did I miss anyone?

Shouldn't Holly be handled in a similar manner? I feel like she should be Possibly High 7-A at least.

I think making Connie 9-B in base is WAY too small. She should be at least 7-C - she doesn't need Rose's Sword to destroy Holo-Pearls like they are nothing

It's not like it makes hitting and dodging one any easier. Also, why she doesn't get these relativistic+ reactions like everyone (including Holo-Pearls) got? And why Sadie's "solo killing corrupted gem with a pointy stick" gives her only 9-B while the minimum tier for a corrupted gem is 8-C (tiny Centipeetle)?

Tipoima said:
It's not like it makes hitting and dodging one any easier. Also, why she doesn't get these relativistic+ reactions like everyone (including Holo-Pearls) got? And why Sadie's "solo killing corrupted gem with a pointy stick" gives her only 9-B while the minimum tier for a corrupted gem is 8-C (tiny Centipeetle)?

Since nobody in the staff seems interested in this thread, and we seem to have handled most of it, should we close it?

I dunno, scaling a nameless Gem monster to Centibeetle seems a bit weird, but I guess "At least 9-B, possibly 8-C" works.

Darkanine said:
I dunno, scaling a nameless Gem monster to Centibeetle seems a bit weird, but I guess "At least 9-B, possibly 8-C" works.
What about Connie? 9-B with relativistic combat speed seems pretty strange for me

I actally had a dream that this wiki edited Steven's page so his attack was street level but his durability was wall level and next to it was a picture of a Froggit from Undertale because its also wall level...i'm glad that wasn't real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back