• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Issues: Lapis' Tower

Assaltwaffle said:
At what point does Lapis attempt to kill Steven?
When she tried to drown him and Connie with a steven water clone and then threw a spinning ball of water at him

If she attacked Connie and she didn't splatter instantly surely Lapis wasn't using full force.

The real cal howard said:
Tbh, Idk why the Gems aren't scaled to Lapis' feat anyway. She was clearly putting more effort in fighting them (most notably, Garnet) than she is with the tower, and they all took hits from her clones. I mean, Kyogre isn't High 6-A only when using all the worlds oceans, right?
Probably because her main focus on on building the tower and not fighting them (since she did both simultaneously) and since she naturally has strong hydrokinesis, doing something like building a tower which only takes raw power is more difficult than sustaining combat against multiple opponents which takes skill.

Lapis' individual attacks and waters clones aren't equal to the entire power used to construct a tower from the ocean, and it wouldn't translate directly into attack potency for her water clones.

iirc, tower was already built. She didn't have enough water (for obvious reasons), which is why she was still there.

A huge portion of the tower was already built, but as we see in her conversation with Steven the tower is still rising through the atmosphere.

It should be noted that the tower already being built doesn't mean she was able to use full power to fight off the Gems. When her power was released from the tower, it collapsed.

So even more casual of a feat then ovo

She built the tower:

With a broken Gem

After being imprisoned for thousands of years

With little struggle

While devoting a good bit of power towards the water clones fighting the Gems

Not gonna lie, we could use that argument to downgrade a metric ton of characters, that they weren't using their full power. The tower was a casual feat. She was absolutely pissed at the gems. Same with her protecting Steven from Jasper, which was an act of desperation.

It is a hugely impressive feat, but part of my point is that it doesn't directly translate into her normal attack potency.

Her feat is done using the entire ocean at her command.

Her ordinary attacks like the water clones, the thrown water ball, the giant water arms she uses against Garnet and Jasper, etc. all happen with significantly less water when they're done. I don't think it's possible to directly compare the feats of her using the ocean to build a tower and her throwing a ball of water at Steven's shield.

Also, I don't think it's been suggested that her broken Gem hampered her hydrokinesis (aside from water wings obviously).

@Cal

If she really was angry enough at the Gems then they probably should scale. But a new discusssion would be needed for that.

@Damage

Her normal attacks still use her power, that power being capable of building the tower.

I don't think Lapis can put the same amount of power being used to construct her super-tower into her throwing a ball of water. The two feats are completely different in scale even if they both come from hydrokinesis.

Not all attacks used by a single character are equal, right?

Comparable in what sense? Both feats involve water and both are done by Lapis? Because that's the only similarity I'm seeing; nothing remotely suggests that the two feats are equal or comparable in power.

EDIT1: I'm not trying to say this to intentionally downgrade the verse, but there has to be a better way of evaluating them separately, right?

I did

Now what about the Lapis feat that again wasnt accepted basically because xcano said no?

And can we get a M-E calc for the big fusions?

Ikr? xD

Oh, for reference, Watermelon Stevens are the same size as steven and theyre about the size of Malachite's eyes

Didn't we agree to not use mass-energy convertion in gems long time ago? Even early Steven was capable to create additional mass, it has nothing to do with the amount of power of him.

Nope, basically the only reason it wasnt accepted is because xcano said no. There was a long thread about it a while ago where it was accepted due to multiple instances of it being quite blatantly m-e

Malachite's M-E is probably not going to be doable. She is quadrupedal, and isn't even proportional to a horse or other quad animal. I have no idea how to get our mass. Alexandrite is more doable.

Yeah I made a thread about it regarding a StarCraft unit and we determined that a single member (one that is now against the site at that) blocking it from passing isn't OK.

While we're on the topic of lapis, can someone possibly calc her flight speed from when she flew away from Earth with the barn in one of the recent episodes? Xcano lowballed the shit out of her flight speed...

WeeklyBattles said:
While we're on the topic of lapis, can someone possibly calc her flight speed from when she flew away from Earth with the barn in one of the recent episodes? Xcano lowballed the shit out of her flight speed...
I calculated that ages ago, in fact, I made a thread about that, here it is. And it weren't a lowball, is just was scaled to the plane that DeMayo flight.

@Js250476, have some respect boy, he did contributed much to the wikia.

Back