• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Issues: Lapis' Tower

Kepekley23 said:
PE can also use different values for gravity.

The problem is, I can't wrap my head around what the number would be so far from the surface.
It would have to be lower, right? And what should we do considering this is such a large object? It would be getting smaller as it hit the ground and all of it isn't bundled up at the top like a ball. This is harder than I thought...

So many questions for such a crazy large structure.

Okay, so even playing devils advocate and assuming that this calc is also bullshit, weekly also has another calc that put them at 18 petatons.

I am fine with 6-A/High 6-A lapis if Malachite still outputs this level.

Oh they are absolutely High 6-A. No doubt in my mind. That said 5-C is what I have the problem with. Oh and the + sign at the end of High 6-A.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Kink the 18 Petaton feat was also done while Lapis wasnt at full power, and Malachite is >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lapis
True, why I say I am fine with 6-A lapis.

Not sure if the gap is that large (it probably is because semantics)

But we also have High 6-B, likely 6-A lapis imo

or High 6-B+

Although I will admit I am probably the biggest SU wanker outside VSBW, my opinion is to be taken with a grain of salt.

@Kink

If Kep and I can't lock down a good rating for PE, I'll use GBE. That will probably yield High 6-A, and if that doesn't Malacite was held back by the ocean, which Lapis has full control over. High 6-A is fine.

@Kink There is no way this isnt going to be High 6-A, we have three different feats that all are guaranteed High 6-A to work with here. The only issue is how far into High 6-A they'll be

Assaltwaffle said:
Oh they are absolutely High 6-A. No doubt in my mind. That said 5-C is what I have the problem with. Oh and the + sign at the end of High 6-A.
With that out of the way lol.

Minus wank, I will be fine with anything agreed upon.

I cant really disagree with, ya know math.

Even the PE thing is probably right, but is escape velocity truly lower in higher levels of atmosphere? Not sure about is, I dont do PE calcs.

Might be missing something.

@Kink

PE involves acceleration due to gravity, not escape velocity.

Also escape velocity wouldn't even come into play too much, considering it is over 10 times higher than the Mesosphere.

Closer to the center, the gravity is more like 0, so yeah, it'd be possibly lower than 9.8ms far out.

I think we should slap GBE and call it a day. I'm just about to go to sleep due to tiredness, but I can take a look at anything you come up with tomorrow.

@Kep

Alright, I'll give it a go.

If what I get isn't High 6-A we have Malacite's Prison at High 6-A to keep them in that tier. Hoping GBE gives us higher into High 6-A though.

@Weekly

Kep can probably take on that one. It isn't a method I'm super familiar with. If I could get some example calcs I am willing to learn, though.

WeeklyBattles said:
Kepekley23 said:
You can only use terraforming if the attack, well, terraforms the planet.
Which is what a Lapis does, they terraform planets
Plus, most of the energy from terraforming excluding outside help is usually temperature change for us fragile humans

Lapis has been shown to change the temperature of the water before to freezing, not a baseless assumption to assume she can so with air/water.

....Well, the point shot past my head.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure your average terraforming calc is actually pretty simple. It's almost a heat capacity calc IIRC.

Kepekley23 said:
....Well, the point shot past my head.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure your average terraforming calc is actually pretty simple. It's almost a heat capacity calc IIRC.
I started, never got down to finishing it---

Is there a way to determine the heat increase from a complete absence of water? I'm not sure how much the water does for latent heat difference.

Assaltwaffle said:
Is there a way to determine the heat increase from a complete absence of water? I'm not sure how much the water does for latent heat difference.
That is honestly why I gave up lol.

I kinda flunked chemistry class because vs wiki shenigans lol.

But I assume so?

Edit: Also gave up because heat capacity for soil hurts my head, found multiple numbers--- and gave up because irl stuff

The problem is, you'd have to ignore the effects that come from removing that much clutter from the crust...

Oh man. Their tier's aren't going to move. This is higher than their previous calc.

WeeklyBattles said:
Still solid High 6-A. Any word on the terraforming calc?
Kep's asleep and I don't know the formula. Sorry. Without examples I don't know how.

Kep's asleep and I don't know the formula. Sorry. Without examples I don't know how.

Wouldnt it be a safe assumption to use temperature change from freezing his landmasses calc?

Just with...well, heat I planned on using mars as a low end and venus as a high end, but I think it is generally safe.

The World Engine uses atmospheric alteration, I'm pretty sure. Not sure if that is the same.

@Kink

It wouldn't freeze, it would heat up. Without water, the cloud cover would vanish. Without clouds, the temperature would go up. And that would be a pretty much unquantifiable change in global temperature.

Rip Steven Universe vs Adventure Time then. When will Assalt's reign of downgrading cartoons end?

Joking aside, I'm still fine with High 6-A, but 5-C via scaling may be out of the picture now.

The 1 Exaton calc seems off too. The 500,000 meters figure seems out of nowhere. Trying to reverse engineer the calc by finding the height of the tower from the volume of the ocean and radius (based off Lapis) ended up giving me a height of 1.7 meters to 562,575,774.914 times larger then Jupiter depending on what formula I used. Either I made a huge mistake or SU writers fail at scale once again...

@Darkanine

Failure at scaling mostly likely. Also apparently GBE for this may be unusable, so do you have any other idea of how to calc this?

Not sure. Tried looking into energy density but I could only find figures regarding water at a temperature of 40┬░ to 100┬░.

I hate to be "that guy" but the calc where Lapis held down Malachite doesn't seem usable either. Not sure if you can use PE for something like that, and controlling absolutely every cubic meter of the ocean at once for months on end seems like a stretch. Even EndlessMike has doubts.

When people say to use GBE, what exactly are refering? cuz I don't what can you do with that in this case. Also, there's no value for terraforming, it an ambiguos process that takes time.

Back