• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Issues: Lapis' Tower

Drop the 5-C, remove the + from Multi-Continent level+, and remove Steven's durability scaling.

And of course replace the reasoning and link to the new justification.

So no major downgrades? Does the thing Khristis posted look alright or should we go with the calc we already have?

I think using Khristis' potential energy calc makes sense here, as GBE can only be used if an object takes a shape on its own without external assistance.

Khristis just posted an above NF calc which wasn't accepted here or OBD.

So removing 5-C but keep High 6-A Lapis, high tier fusions and Diamonds seems to be the course of action.

We already rejected the PE calc due reasons stated above, so we going with the one that use the 12 h

@Khristis

The 500,000 number comes out of literally nowhere, and it also isn't accurate considering we don't like PE for this for the aforementioned reasons.

Also not only do we remove the + and Moon, we also downgrade Steven's Durability. Unless someone can refute my above point he shouldn't scale to the tower.

@Khristis

WHy did the height get halved though? Also 1000 km isn't even angsized, it is assumed from a slightly larger angsized number from the centerpoint of the Earth, which doesn't even seem accurate in and of itself.

Also the problem that acceleration due to gravity changes depending on the distance from Earth and it is not dropped in one location still screw this up completely.

It wouldn't be half way up, though. The tower gets bigger as it goes down. Also you really can't find the exact height at all. The shot of the tip of the tower next to Earth is completely absurd. Given the angle the tower would be floating in the Earth's atmosphere, completely unattached.

I'd prefer to use the very safe calc of KE from 12 hours.

According to the link he provided, gravitational acceleration 1000km above the surface is 7.3m/s┬▓, which could be useful.

I don't know, though.

It isn't just upright, it is pointing directly downward even when, given the angle, it should be completely detached from the planet, in front of it, hovering in the Exosphere somewhere.

12h is overall the safest option.

It happened near Baltimore (where the sun sets at 5 o' clock). Assuming the sun rises at 5.00 A.M, that would be "exactly" 12h.

The gap between 35 petatons and 1 exaton is 30x, so unless Lapis is 30 times stronger than that, an "At least" isn't all that justifiabe.

Kepekley23 said:
It happened near Baltimore (where the sun sets at 5 o' clock). Assuming the sun rises at 5.00 A.M, that would be "exactly" 12h.

Here's the map for reference.

I think "At least" is still justifiable because she dd it casually while in a weakened state. Just nothing higher.

Nah, that value wouldn't increase unless the amount of water in the planet increase, also, the next tier is like over 1000 times that, so plain Multi-Continent level works fine.

Darkanine said:
I think "At least" is still justifiable because she dd it casually while in a weakened state. Just nothing higher.
I do agree that Lapis has performed the feat in a weakened state, but i'm not remember that it was casual (especially since we're assuming that she need 12 hours for move all water in position).

Then i guess that the new scaling will be like this:

Lapis Lazuli - Multi-Continent level.

Alexandrite and Malachite - Multi-Continent level/At least Multi-Continent level (as the difference between tiers is 1000 times greater, so the justification of an "At least" may not be good enough).

Diamonds and White Light - At least Multi-Continent level/At least Multi-Continent level, likely higher.

Let's not forget tha Steven needs his durability scaling removed. Lapis' feat is the more problematic out of the two, but it is just as invalid.

This may be something obvious I'm missing but Lapis gets her Multi-Continent rating for controlling the entire ocean and making a structure with it, right? And that would obviously apply to Malachite too since she has the exact same ability and could easily perform the same feat.

But where is the justification for Alexandrite having that? Malachite never used the whole ocean against her and she has no power feats or durability feats that put her at the same level as Lapis' feat.

I can't even see Alexandrite harming Malachite as being justification for that because being Multi-Continent via controlling water doesn't imply Multi-Continent durability to me unless we're absolutely confident that simply controlling that quantity of water = being able to tank that quantity of water.

@Damage Because Lapis literally bombarded Malachite with all of the world's oceans for several months and she was no worse for wear after

Lapis used the weight of the ocean against her, but surely that's not the entire ocean around the whole planet, right? It would only be a certain amount of the ocean above and around Malachite. The ocean on the other side of the planet for example wouldn't be contributing anything.

When does Lapis hit Steven's shield with a Multi-Continent level attack?

EDIT1: Not every attack of Lapis can be at that level otherwise Garnet and the others would be Multi-Continent level for fighting their water clones.

Damage3245 said:
Lapis used the weight of the ocean against her, but surely that's not the entire ocean around the whole planet, right? It would only be a certain amount of the ocean above and around Malachite. The ocean on the other side of the planet for example wouldn't be contributing anything.
Lapis was using all of her power and visibly struggling to keep Malachite contained, and this is after her Gem was repaierd and she was at full strength. There's no reason to assume she's not using aat least that much power to keep Malachite contained.

Tbh, Idk why the Gems aren't scaled to Lapis' feat anyway. She was clearly putting more effort in fighting them (most notably, Garnet) than she is with the tower, and they all took hits from her clones. I mean, Kyogre isn't High 6-A only when using all the world's oceans, right?

Back