• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Issues: Lapis' Tower

Bashing Xcano is completely uncalled for. He might have been, as some put it, a "downplayer", but he was still a staff member.

Assaltwaffle said:
I thought Lapis has MFTL+ flight.
Technically she does, yes. The show had a moment of authors not knowing how strong their characters are by having her fly to another galaxy in a few months and then saying that gems cant go ftl

WeeklyBattles said:
Technically she does, yes. The show had a moment of authors not knowing how strong their characters are by having her fly to another galaxy in a few months and then saying that gems cant go ftl
Is it confirmed that she flew to another galaxy under her own flying power?

Isn't that an author intent argument? These are highly frowned upon here. The same logic can be used to downgrade Freeza to large-planet level, for example.

Is it confirmed that she flew to another galaxy under her own flying power?

She flew from earth to homeworld, which is at least in another solar system, in a few months. Even lowballong it by having her fly to something like the zoo would mean she crossed 70+ lightyears in a few months

They are made of light, so ignoring that would be ignoring one of the fundamentals physiology of the gems; also, at the time, there's only one feat, and has little context behind it (she could have been intercepted for example). If the problem becomes more frecuently, then we should do something.

Doesn't she technically need to only fly to the nearest Galaxy Warp which will take her to Homeworld? There's no telling how far that could be.

There's also the feat of the five Rubies searching every planet in the solar system in the a few days while looking for jasper

Damage3245 said:
Doesn't she technically need to only fly to the nearest Galaxy Warp which will take her to Homeworld? There's no telling how far that could be.
The safest bet for a lowball would be her flying to the zoo, which is 70+ lightyears away

We should ignore that then, shouldn't we? DCAU Flash used "all his speed" to pull off a Relativictic feat, then ran FTL later. We accepted him as FTL.

I'm missing something? I see nothing after dissapearing from the sight. What minute is that?

Antoniofer said:
I'm missing something? I see nothing after dissapearing from the sight. What minute is that?
Near the very end of the episode, she pulls the barn out of the ground and flies away with it, leaving the planet entirely in a few seconds

Assaltwaffle said:
We should ignore that then, shouldn't we? DCAU Flash used "all his speed" to pull off a Relativictic feat, then ran FTL later. We accepted him as FTL.
I see no reason why we shouldnt

So is that part, around the 10 min? Cus dissapearing from the sight =/= leaving the planet. If any maybe crossing the 5 km (human sight range iirc) in that timeframe.

Also even if Steven's durability does scale, the reasoning needs to change. He is still High 6-A for the tower collapse, not directly surviving Lapis. Wasn't a new thread needed for that?

The Star GBE issue drew pretty much all my attention. Sad thing is it's still going, and won't be done for literally weeks, since we apparently MUST have DT present to proceed with anything.

I saw, im sorry its taking so long to go through...

I really just wanted to get this done before me and Azzy revised the SCP verse

Assaltwaffle said:
The Star GBE issue drew pretty much all my attention. Sad thing is it's still going, and won't be done for literally weeks, since we apparently MUST have DT present to proceed with anything.
Wrong thread, Assault.

No, it isn't I am informing Weekly why I haven't gotten around to trying to calc Alexandrite's mass energy.

Oh, missread that then (should give some input later).

Anyway, the changes here has been applied, there's a Supersonic calc for Lapis (not accepted yet), but maybe you would like to calculate that one from Rising the Farm; but notice that only cuz Lapis disappeared from the sight, doesn't means that she is far away from Earth.

I wouldn't support the mass-energy convertion thingy, but at this point I don't care, so that is up to you.

Hey, you said it was 5 kilometers right? Can we just use that distance and the timeframe given to find the speed?

Guess it could work, unless the value for human sight is different and/or it vary depending of an object size is another.

Back