• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe 7-A"+" Problem

@Dargoo Sapphire has actively attempted to freeze people as well as impale them with instantly created ice

The pen or the sword said:
You know this sounds like it could get quite a bit larger if its so difficult to get justifications and so many ratings come from scaling...
Please stop over exaggerating

I don't remember that but its been a while can you give scans?

edit wasn't my intent to exaggerate if we can get the links fixed and a proper scaling chain nothing changes but at the moment her storm creation doesn't seem like it would link back to her physicals which leave the rubies without physical scaling, (we'd need to calc other feats) from what I know quite a few characters scale from rubies.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I know what Sapphire's storm feat was. Want me to go find a clip?
Yeah, we should probably find the actual feats and visuals for the feats so they can actually be checked correctly.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Sapphire has actively attempted to freeze people as well as impale them with instantly created ice
When did this happen, and why would it scale to physicals?

And? She doesn't ever apply this ability to direct combat, so it's Environmental Destruction.

Again though, I still have no clue how this deals with her physical strength and durability, which have no relation to her capacity to alter weather and freeze things.

Video is unavailable due to copyright.

Also, Rubies and Sapphires should scale above season 1 steven who tanked 130+ kilotons with no damage

Also, Rubies and Sapphires should scale above season 1 steven who tanked 130+ kilotons with no damage

Yeah that seems like an awful small cloud.

"It was calced" doesn't work well here considering the entire issue is with the calcs.

WeeklyBattles said:
I'm not entirely sure if that's consistent with stuff that's harmed him later on in the series (Bismuth chucking the rock dummies at him come to mind).

I'm not sure why Sapphire should scale though.

WeeklyBattles said:
Wasn't that the Ruby fusio, something that Sardonyx was needed to overcome?

The Steven feat doesn't really make sense to be either, it implies his shield moved at relativistic speeds but nothing in the video really suggests this.

You man the rock dummy he not only caught with his bare hands, but was uninjured by despite it being thrown by a 7-A character?

The Ruby fusion happened after

WeeklyBattles said:
You man the rock dummy he not only caught with his bare hands, but was uninjured by despite it being thrown by a 7-A character?
Steven visibly strains and groans after the impact. And the impact didn't strike me as something in the megatons.

Isn't Bismuth's 7-A contingent on the Ruby calc, just like Garnet?

WeeklyBattles said:
The Ruby fusion happened after
No, the calc is talking about how they were sent flying out of the moon's orbit, when the attack that does this is done by Sardonyx.

Yeah I just went in a huge circle when I was going down the sardonyx scaling chain, I saw some other feats but a lot refrence back to rubies sats, there was mentions of beating a snow monster and peircing peridots pod (Pearl) There are probably other feats but I gave up pretty early

No? Her 7-A is still legit via the 317 megaton calc, her being 7-A+ is dependant on the Ruby calc

The calc is talking about Steven hitting Eyeball with his shield

The Rubies are just one out of over half a dozen feats that put the majority of the cast a 7-A, them ebing downgraded wouldnt change much of anything

Back