• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe 7-A"+" Problem

So right now we gotta focus on finding a usable feat for Ruby (although I still think we could just scale her from Sapphire) and recalc Sapphire's cloud feat.

7-B isn't useful because the calc gets the speed of Steven's shield wrong

Dargoo Faust said:
The Steven feat doesn't really make sense to be either, it implies his shield moved at relativistic speeds but nothing in the video really suggests this.
But I guess the rest is fine.

Then recalc its speed

Also i was just reminded of a feat for peridot with her limb enhancers that would give her a bit of an upgrade

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Also, why doesn't Steven's AP in Season 1 scale to his Durability when he can harm himself to a point in which he starts crying?
we don't talk about that episode

Namely because Season 1 Steven never shows any legitamate physical feats outside of that that are even within the same magnitude as the temple explosion.

Seriously though, looking at Season 1 Steven's other feats, the temple feat seems like a massive outlier.

WeeklyBattles said:
The 7-B feat i posted + her 8-A feat by being angry + being superior to season 1 steve
The 7-B calc should be re-done/re-evaluated here, it makes no sense in the context of the scene.

The 8-A calc makes no sense given the size of the cloud.

When was that stated/shown? Sapphire's only significant strength feat was the baseball.

The real cal howard said:
Steven took several hits from Spinel despite being reverted to his S1 self so I'm certain it's not an outlier.
He wasn't reverted to his S1 self. He was severely weakened, yes, but he still used powers and performed feats only possible for his later achievements. It's made abundantly clear he didn't just lose everything at once.

This would also imply S1 Steven can take hits from someone who can physically compete with Garnet, which is just silly.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dargoo you know im talking about Ruby, not sapphire right?
Oh, my bad then. Mixed it up, seeing as Sapphire also has a 8-A calc and was claimed earlier to scale to Steven.

The 7-B calc does have issues, for the Ruby, though, I was aware what calc you were referring to with that. It pulls relativistic values out in a way that is either calc stacking or doesn't make sense given what we see in the scene.

Don't poison the well

I mean, he's kind of right, if the feat took over two minutes then we ought to divide the result by howevermany seconds it took.

Of course it is because I have to do Weekly hate me even more

@Damage so what do you think Ruby should be? Because if the feat is redone and downgraded, 7-A+ SU is pretty much reduced to the 317MT feat, so no more + in the ratings.

I don't know what would be the best rating yet. If anyone can identify more feats from the show that would be useful to calc, that'd help out.

Also, which 317 Megaton feat?

I was thinking about potentially scaling Ruby to Steven's durability, but Dargoo thinks it is an outlier, so we have to decide that first.

I think we could potentially redo Sapphire's baseball feat (since the original calc was never reviewed or approved) and scale Ruby to whatever result that gives.

I don't see why the OP can't just be applied; I feel like the thread had a bunch of other stuff discussed halfway through that stalled it greatly, which I don't mind taking to another thread myself when I'm not as low on time.

Yeah, this should have been applied long time ago. Sans Weekly, people agreed with me on this one.

We should discuss what we were going to do with Ruby and co. in another thread.

Back