• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I forgot that Tesla was rated "At least Low 5-B at max power" for their EoS/Post-Gahkthun key.

WK's just a flat Low 5-B but didn't think to check on it lol.

Edit: Nevermind, got it covered. It makes sense with the Tesla they're scaled too now stronger (stabilized/properly charged) compared to his Gahkthun VN self.

Last edited:
Not really have the stuff on it, but I got a draft for the proposed changes to add to the CRT.

Kinda forgot some stuff to add like Tesla's radiance boost, more stuff adding to his infinite reactions speed, the 100% electric attack he did that solidifies his speed (probably more for when he's stabilized and sufficiently charged. Can't see that ever scaling to his Gahkthun VN self when he was low on charge and unstabilized...) but I think this is the gust of it?

Will get the scans to have for this later unless someone else was already planning on doing that? Just been over here dying from being sick with allergies here which is why I haven't done anything for a short while...

This was so worth putting all of my tired sick energy into this LOL.

This is the doujin story that both shows the origin that came to be for what we would come to know as Cracking, and also more stuff surrounding A and Lily in their continuous journey past the Underground World.

Alright, I think I got everything that's needed and probably relevant for the CRT here. I took off Emilie's cuz there's not much for her? Feel like there isn't much to her but I can do a small one later if it's actually needed.

Other than that, I'm really beat and tired rn from scan gathering xD

For now, I'll take a break and rest lol.

Looks good. Tesla should get Infinite attack speed for matching Wrath's hands.

Just read the Sona-Nyl story, and somehow Cracking gets more broken...

We have to add time and causality manipulation now.

Existence is defined as the endless darkness, which makes sense, since the endless darkness/Sharnoth is what envelops everything. We got more Sanido lore, time and space is meaningless for her, and her love constantly rewrites each parallel universe, we already knew she was tier 1, but this is neat.

Hints of A becoming the "Black Prince"? Lily apparently gained something in Sona-Nyl, magic from Paracelsus.

Will never get used to loredumps being given in the most random stories, like now Lily is baking, and we got all this lore.

Last edited:
@Celestial_Pegasus

Thanks. And makes sense, considering he had to be just as fast also to counter Wrath King's shadow hand.

Definitely. The lore behind Cracking's origins is also interesting considering it was done by a guy who, despite his fame as the "Alchemy King", he just didn't have the capabilities to handle its power let alone utilize it against Edison. Plus getting consistency on it being able to convert matter to rewriting the world is nice, also lol at Edison just taking its idea to make it into a mathematical equation. Tbf, it also fits with the real life Edison improving other inventions from his time, like the telegraph and telephone.

Sanido lore also equals some Sanido simping for M. Seriously, them also destroying those parallel universes like M is just another sign that M's got that ultra rizz to charm even the leader/king/queen of an entire race of gods xD

Aye, A's got some hints of something he could turn into just like Lily does. Like how Lily obtaining Azathoth's golden eyes would clear up whatever ambiguous relation she shares with said God, A's also got something with Nyar if he were to undergo Paradigm into something akin to them as this "Black Prince". Perhaps another sign of being "another Nyarlatotep?"

And aye. Speaking of that one, there's actually a sound drama surrounding the "Brooklyn area" of New York. DK what's that about cuz I got nothing at home to play it nor do I have it lol, but it seems whatever it is, no one from the Underground World knows about it even for Lily. But I guess in exchange for Lily being unable to remember due to a curse she was afflicted with, she got blessed by Paracelsus that relates to her continuous journey. Maybe it relates to her going against Edison in the finale? Would make sense considering she does that and even managed to wound Edison too, something Hohenheim never got to do.

And forreals, these random loredumps are funny when mixed with normal things like Lily learning about coca-cola or baking a desert lol.

Last edited:
Endgame A being another Nyar, and Lily being Azathoth, makes a lot of sense seeing as M is Azathoh's knight, and A is always guarding/watching Lily. We need more VN's to explore all this lore.

All this hype on A and Lily makes me kinda sad for Tesla, where is his hype? All he gets are ass whoppings by M and Edison.

I was wondering what was going on with Brooklyn since it was never addressed, 1 big mystery. Who exactly is the guy who looked just like Edison, and what is his connection with Hohenheim? Will take forever to know.

VN's or LN's, I'll take anything to know more.

Forreals lol. Tesla's is just being an illusion that can get high but still be decked on by those way higher than him lol.

Definitely. It's called "Shiei no Sona Nyl: Brooklyn no Kishi (Brooklyn Knight)" and I'm as curious now with it being brought up here.

Especially Brookyln itself. What was it that was so important yet secretive that the guy cursed Lily to never remember it despite Lily wanting to remember as much of the Underground NY as she could?

A big mystery indeed.

That said, what also gets me is two other things: Hohenheim being the first badass to go against Edison despite knowing who, or rather what he is and still going against him at the cost of his life, and the thing with Lily and her "dream" about a crying girl. This one just turns out to be her seeing young/past Elysia's memory or time after Alan disappeared in NY. Even now, Elysia and Alan's relationship just so sad and why Edison is such a cruel monster. As A puts it, it is a sad dream.

And aye. Speaking of that one, there's actually a sound drama surrounding the "Brooklyn area" of New York. DK what's that about cuz I got nothing at home to play it nor do I have it lol, but it seems whatever it is, no one from the Underground World knows about it even for Lily. But I guess in exchange for Lily being unable to remember due to a curse she was afflicted with, she got blessed by Paracelsus that relates to her continuous journey. Maybe it relates to her going against Edison in the finale? Would make sense considering she does that and even managed to wound Edison too, something Hohenheim never got to do.
I think this could be it? A DramaCD is posted on bilibili titled Brooklyn Knight, but I don't know if it's what we want or not.

I think this could be it? A DramaCD is posted on bilibili titled Brooklyn Knight, but I don't know if it's what we want or not.
IDK about actually needing it either, but that is the one, yes. They also got the sound drama for Lily the Silhouette but I got the book and unless there's anything I'm missing from there that's not in the book, it's probably not needed...

That's a 1 hour long video, idk if that lets you download it?

On another note, when can we expect those other Gahkthun translations? Like the one about Critters, even if it's more of the same, I want to see the one about the Black King too.

Don't seem like it from the looks of it. Would be cool to get it from there but can't unless I overlooked somewhere.

Shame. I also looked up online to see if it's possible to get text from audio files, and it seems like there's programs or apps you can use that kind of stuff on for. But stuff like a one hour vid though? No clue if those can be extracted to make it into text form lol. Though it does seem like a useful tool for sound drama's and the like.

I can try to get those out later today. The two episodes with Nightingale over Critters and the Black King are pretty much the same but with some subtle differences.

Last edited:

Got the Goddess of Night episodes/chapters down.

They're definitely different versions of the same episode.

Seems like A is from Nightingale's perspective more, while B is towards Tesla.

Sidenote, turns out I fudged up a Kanji that I thought read "synthetic physics" with "Natural History" from my physical copy of the Novel Anthology regarding Nightingale's intellect so I went and corrected that. This makes sense as everything else said regarding Nightingale is consistently on Natural History so whoops on me for that ^^;

Last edited:
Interesting statement here:

Nightingale: After all, my power is but an imitation. The Other here is just mere light and shadow.

Nightingale: But by weaving them into a singular shape, that little one becomes an exception. They gain the functional ability of a Critter.

Nightingale: By obtaining basic skills such as being invincible and panic, that little one becomes a Critter.

Nightingale: An old fantasy that just so happens to be called Will-o-Wasp...

Nightingale: It fits with my Art over light and shadow. What I'm doing is merely paradoxical.

Tesla: Understood. I see. It all makes sense.

Tesla: I have one more question. Is the shadow side something similar to the Black King?

The Black King.

There was such a repulsive sound to it.

The principle bestowed by them was Cracking, which brought about the work of God.

That was the common belief in the Society.

Confirmation of what we already knew, Cracking comes from Edison, and is literally his power.

Also i think Nightingale should be plain Extraordinary Genius for being the most talented girl in the Academia.

I like how I said earlier that there wasn't much of the Black King/Tick Tock Man/Nyar, but that's cuz I only looked at one of the vids lol.

But yeah, pretty much. Though I wonder what even is Van Hohenheim's version then considering he did do a little of something that was Cracking Light but just wasn't able to fully utilize it.

Guessing what Edison has is technically of his creation using his own power and all that.

Guess that works. Nightingale might be pretty smart considering she was able to form up a Critter with her Art, which even GK was surprised was even achievable and that's an Art he granted to Nightingale too.

Hohenheim was a genius, but Cracking requires intellect beyond a mere genius to use, without a mutated brain. I should add this to Edison's intelligence section. He was able to create a mathematical equation, which essentially requires supercomputers to compute all the calculations to use.

Of course Cracking is his own power, but coming up with a way that mere mortals can use it, is very smart.

Still don't feel like listing all Edison's Cracking related ability, will try and get a note for it added, to his P&A section, in the next CRT, that he indeed does have all Cracking abilities.

Aye. Edison probably figured already of what was required to even be able to utilize a power that even he praised Hohenheim for.

A power that allows one to change matter to all the way to rewriting the world and tampering with time.

Defintely was ahead of his time (kek). Too bad he didn't had the mental functions to properly use it. Wonder how much of a difference it would if he did.

But in the end, nothing happened. Hohenheim gets destroyed by Edison to a point not particles of him is left while his idea gets repurposed into a mathematical equation xD

So what exactly will be on this new CRT?

There's the stuff from SN for the base VN chars (Tesla and most of the Governing Council), the thing with Critters, the Black King (or is it even Tick Tock Man who Tesla was actually referring to? Especially in regards to the bit about Cracking as that's of Edison's design), Edison thing if that's actually separate.

What else is missing that I'm not getting cuz it happens a lot lol.

I thought you were doing the Gahkthun CRT?

Though honestly not a lot to add for Sona Nyl, to really warrant a whole CRT by itself. There is the stuff about A's shadows being conceptual armor, adding time and causality manipulation to Cracking, madness resistance for A and Lily.

Also got to touch on the plot aspect of the Underground, yea on second thought, I will handle that.

So as planned you can do Gahkthun.

Keziah is a really sus "witch" too. She mentions the Society a lot, plus knows what Golden King/Rosenkreuz is too.

Even the Foundation was name dropped, and she has a short chapter in regards to her contact with them in Dream Wandering as well that brings up the Alcatraz Time Prison.

The script of Witch and Goddess scene.

Besides that, I'll be posting Long Goodbye soon. It has 3 parts with the story of Mac's past.
Noice~

And hoho, Long Goodbye. There was actually a magazine from some publishing print in JP that had the story too, which I think Shining Night actually adopted into VN fandisc. From what I read on a JP wiki for Steampunk, there's apparently some diffs from the mag and fandisc ver but since I can't obtain that magazine to check it out, there's not much I can except try my luck with the fandisc.

Appreciate the efforts to post more ^^

So Leo is dead, barely even seen anything of him so far...

The original Machina we knew was dead due to Apocalypsis, not surprised GK was behind it, speaking of that there is still the parallel world Macina roaming around, we need more novels to expand on that.

Wrath King's perception manipulation is great enough to work on Tesla, but doesn't work on Nightingale or Keziah. It's not a surprise, seeing as even GK's brainwashing didn't work on Nightingale, just proves she has some powerful resistances.

Last edited:
@Celestial_Pegasus About that, Leo's actually still alive...sorta.

A decade ago on twitter, Sakurai posted up a short story fight here between Leo and GK (in another terminal known as Pnakotic Phantasmagoria) and the scale of their fight was revealed to also be a Gigantic Storm like the one Tesla and Cthulhu had in Shining Night. I never translated it cuz we just DK the full scale of what Leo can do (plus it wasn't really that long of a fight, probably like near the climax of the fight by what I first looked at it) but he did fight GK with his "False God" mech that's been thrown around here and there in various mats, especially in Valusia and its official websites where we see him in proper.

Long story short, they fought. Leo and GK got into a tie it seems and Leo managed to survive...but is now a kid that has to be looked over by his assistant Lisa, where he's too weak to do anything and is pretty much off on the sidelines until who knows if he'll recover to his "Uomo Universale" state.

Aye. That's been mentioned in various mats that the main series timeline Machina is dead as they were one of many targets in the Society's "core plan", and the one that appeared in Celaphis is ofc the Machina of that parallel world. Though what they're doing now is unclear, but there was a short story follow up of Celaphis!Machina meeting with main series Hilde/Jeanne. But not much else is known after that. Interesting thing is Sakurai put a short glossary list on Machina and it says the Society has information about Machina, but for some reason they're not going after them.

But yeah, GK is just wild. He took Leo out of the big picture of whatever this "core plan" is. Practically dismantled the Foundation (US ver of Society I think). Machina, even another Engine Human named K that defected from Society like main series Machina so Keziah isn't wrong with what GK had accomplished. The only thing he couldn't take out was Tesla and the Academia lol.

Nightingale's just built differently then by the looks of it lol.

I also just realized that Tesla has a 1 layer resistance stack against perception manip on his page, and Wrath King still messed with his awareness to the point Tesla never was able to sense him until he got to the island. That means WK also has layered perception manip, no? ^^;

Last edited:
@Mycroft_er I just realized we never did the Letter episode as that's the only one I haven't done out of the pile lol.

When and/or if you have time after Long Goodbye, could you get this one? Tesla writing to Franklin sounds interesting, especially the mention of the Machine Belt and the Thunderbird too. Plus it's a short read so it wouldn't that long to get over.

@Mycroft_er I just realized we never did the Letter episode as that's the only one I haven't done out of the pile lol.

When and/or if you have time after Long Goodbye, could you get this one? Tesla writing to Franklin sounds interesting, especially the mention of the Machine Belt and the Thunderbird too. Plus it's a short read so it wouldn't that long to get over.
I have posted all parts of Long Goodbye and will try to get the texts out as soon as possible.

Here's Letter's script, glad you can get back to working on translations.

Did a couple of Sakurai's archived Tweets the other day after I did the Letter video.

First one is a (very) short portion of a fight Leonardo had with Golden King in one of his terminals that I linked before. Apparently Leo, despite whatever he had of his "Giant God" (some mech thing from Valusia), he still couldn't deal any damage against GK in this "short written fight". While we still DK exactly what he can do besides his False God being "completely independent from the World", he does have some stuff to his God mech that's still pretty vague but gives us an idea of what it can do.

Host: ??
Size: Over 30 meters
Ability
Gigantic
Complete Independence (Unaffected by any physical influences)
Protection (Protects the host)
Lightning Arm that veils the Sky (Unleashes a fist clad in light similar to a lightning strike)
Voice of Life that pierces the Flame (Emits vibrations from the shoulders that removes intermolecular bonds)
Eyes of the Jet Black King (Fires a black torrent from its expanded head)
Weakness: ??
Source: Valusia Official Blog Glossary, Vol 10

In spite of that, it didn't "reach" GK which either means GK was too strong to be affected (tanked it) or possibly had something that the effect couldn't reach him that otherwise "some damage" would have occurred. Only one move seemed to do anything, and even then that isn't really much since we DK what happened to GK's terminal per one side mat and Leo's now just a little kid who can't actively do anything forcing him to sit things out. This also happened right around the final chapter so GK was already enacting the Society's "core plan" in getting rid of any obstacles like Leo, Machina, K, Tesla and Marseille.

The second is a short short passage of Celaphis!Machina meeting with an alternate version of his "mother", Hilde (otherwise the mainline series Hilde). Nothing much to it except it's typically depressing given it's not his "mother" as he knew her.

There's also the information about what is the deal with the Machina we got now, like the Society having tabs on them but not doing anything with them to going around places in both Seikyo (earth) and Kadath, with the last bit having to do with them finding info regarding Shaggai which was hinted and namedropped in Sona Nyl's Hypnos Evil Eye story. Plus there's even another "Adam Weishaupt" running around too that came over from Celaphis, so that means the mainline series has another Weishaupt and an alternate Machina in a world that already has the former still around and the latter having just died.

Guess we will need Valusia translated to see what mechanic makes the Giant God completely independent of all physical influence, come be some form of law manipulation, who knows.

Eyes of the Jet Black King also sounds broken.

Again all these loose plot threads, that haven't been expaned upon, and it's been 6 years since the last VN's release.

We definitely need the others. Just hoping for this year, Mangagamer can get another green light to post more Steampunk...

I would think if Sakurai still doesn't come back yet to do more VN's or even just do LN's like they did with Karashrer, Valusia has to be the one to be the next. That or even Celenaria I'll take.

Valusia would probably be needed given the reference they made of Leo even in Sona Nyl (albeit only in the side stories afaik like Hypnos Evil or Red Tears) as well as the fact a past dream of Valusia was visited by Lily too. If Celanaria DOES get taken up instead, it at least let's us explore a bit with the "Unknown World of Kadath" tha's all the blue sky and sea thing + Charles Babbage also appears there too. Although we'd lose a shot of having more Society members to explore like Machine Lord and Hilde (Steel Princess), but then again we also have another Society member that's also in Celenaria AND is the main antag there as well.

Still, looking out for MG to make another VN announcement of Steampunk. If it's even later this year, I'll take that if we can just get something...

Back