• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stat x Change for a Spy x Family

Speed of the fastest swing: 100.58400m/s
Where are you getting this number from?
The basis for this calc is just wrong and the assumption she's swinging boulders at these speeds is also completely baseless.

Last edited:
Where are you getting this number from?
The basis for this calc is just wrong and the assumption she's swinging boulders at these speeds is also completely baseless.
You are actually correct. I mistook "ball speed" because I typed in "fastest golf swing ever recorded", and 225 mph showed up.

The fastest golf club swing speed however, is 156 mph, or (69.73824 m/s). Gender is not a factor, these characters are Superhuman in all their attributes, and she is quite literally training to counter a Supersonic Ball, also calc'd in the same blog.

he fastest golf club swing speed however
Why are you using golf swings for a tennis racket?
Gender is not a factor
Gender was to show that literally no one had ever reached those numbers.
these characters are Superhuman in all their attributes
This would work if they were doing a feat that a "normal" person would do. Captain America throwing his shield being equal to a discus throw or Batman having the similar throwing speed to the IRL record is completely fine.

Nightfall is swinging around 200 kilogram boulders. You would need to have proof that she's swinging those at speeds twice that of the consistent MLB baseball swing speed to get numbers. There's just no evidence for it. Her lifting and swinging them at like 10 or 15 m/s is already superior to every human in existence.

I have made the change in wording as GodlyCharmander has suggested
The calc should be fixed accordingly
Why are you using golf swings for a tennis racket?
Because she is not struggling to swing these things, and as a outworldly strong human, far beyond any human can achieve. Using the fastest speed a human can swing something should be a low end. Plus, she swings normal tennis rackets at supersonic speeds canonically, so using the speed of normal rackets is absolutely nonsensical.
This would work if they were doing a feat that a "normal" person would do. Captain America throwing his shield being equal to a discus throw or Batman having the similar throwing speed to the IRL record is completely fine.

Nightfall is swinging around 200 kilogram boulders. You would need to have proof that she's swinging those at speeds twice that of the consistent MLB baseball swing to get numbers. There's just no evidence for it.
The manga very clearly portrays fast movement, and shows that Nightfall has absolutely no struggle swinging the boulder. (It's not two boulders, it's one being moved rather fast). Adding this to the canonical speed of her swing being supersonic with normal rackets, I believe the value I used is perfectly fine, and is definitely below what she'd be capable of.

Because she is not struggling to swing these things,
But that's not the point here. Certain objects will reach a higher speed due to weight and how your body actually swings it. Its why a sword can be swung faster than a axe or why a baseball bat would have a higher top speed than a knife. You can't use the speed of a golf swing which uses full body torque for her moving just her arm to generate movement.
so using the speed of normal rackets is absolutely nonsensical.
She's not swinging a normal racket for the feat, she's swinging one with a 200 kilogram rock on it. The speed will absolutely be effected. That's a weight difference of 665x. There's no justification for her to swing the racket at such speeds without evidence.
I believe the value I used is perfectly fine,
I'm not seeing it. Just as an example:
What we don't use is speeds for completely different objects to determine speeds. Having the speed being what a peak human can swing a tennis racket at is fine, but not 100 m/s which is the velocity for a completely different thing.

But to use an example of what I mean: with radar guns most pro tennis swings are 71 to 83 MPH for men and 70 to 79 MPH for women.

Men
  • 83 MPH = 37.1043 m/s
  • 3.65864102 / 37.1043 = 0.0986
  • 37.1043 / 0.0986 = 376.31135
  • 202.06800 * 376.31135 = 76,040.4818718 Netwons = 7,753.97122 kg-f
Women
  • 83 MPH = 35.3162 m/s
  • 3.65864102 / 35.3162 = 0.10359
  • 35.3162 / 0.10359 = 340.922869
  • 202.06800 * 340.922869 = 68,889.6022931 Netwons = 7,024.784436401826 kg-f
Either way would be a Class 10 feat for Nightfall

But to use an example of what I mean: with radar guns most pro tennis swings are 71 to 83 MPH for men and 70 to 79 MPH for women.

Men
  • 83 MPH = 37.1043 m/s
Women
  • 83 MPH = 35.3162 m/s
Bet. Again, We will be using Men because gender is not relevant here.
I have made the change in wording as GodlyCharmander has suggested
I agree with what Qawsedf has said, please change the calc if you're not busy.

Alright. I have change the result on the blog so everything that is Class 100 is now Class 50
Oh, no! I am referring to this result here.

Men
  • 83 MPH = 37.1043 m/s
Women
  • 83 MPH = 35.3162 m/s
^
Class 10.

Slight issue with the table frag calc, in that Loid doesn't actually frag the table, he smashes the top of it off, and makes a large impact on it (he seems to have split it in half too?), but he doesn't actually frag it, the table is still standing and in more or less one (or two) piece. You could maybe take the volume he punched and used compressive strength, but assuming the table's volume and applying frag doesn't work, like 90% of the table is completely fine.
OdC3wMi.png

Last edited:
Slight issue with the table frag calc, in that Loid doesn't actually frag the table, he smashes the top of it off, and makes a large impact on it (he seems to have split it in half too?), but he doesn't actually frag it, the table is still standing and in more or less one (or two) piece. You could maybe take the volume he punched and used compressive strength, but assuming the table's volume and applying frag doesn't work, like 90% of the table is completely fine.
OdC3wMi.png
Maybe we could use the diameter of the fragmented wood, get the area then apply the depth to get a volume of the affected area, then apply fragmentation.

We can also just use the area and apply the strength of the material, that should also work.

tbh you could probably even get away with pulv for the effected area given he craters it, aka compresses it, which is what pulv is.
Not sure how you'd wanna go about dealing with the split though.

tbh you could probably even get away with pulv for the effected area given he craters it, aka compresses it, which is what pulv is.
Not sure how you'd wanna go about dealing with the split though.
Wouldn't that give a higher value than one necessary to split the table? Well, I will try doing these methods later. Either way, I believe we're at least good to go with the propositions of this CRT

Not to the point she can kill Loid with a single attack.
Demonstrate otherwise? Even a swipe along Loid’s face broke skin.

It isn’t a matter of “Yor is STILL stronger”, it’s a matter of why Loid should ever scale to Yor to begin with. He just doesn’t do shit to her and demonstratively Yor has been stated of being capable to oneshot Loid.

Only time such a scaling I’d allow for is if Yor demonstrates some baseline to people around her, she doesn’t, she’s one of the strongest people in the verse.

Well, loid's own table feat broke his own skin and caused him to bleed, superficial as it might be, unless this verse has an indication of power growth or an excuse, Loid doing a feat that's like 100x less than a casual Yor feat in which he slightly harms himself doing it is a tad sus as grounds to scale.

Demonstrate otherwise?
Sure thing.
Before you make the absolutely absurd claim that Twilight got knocked out by sheer force, please be aware that he was kicked on the mental foramen of his mandible, that will shake your brain, and even a punch from someone weaker than you could get you knocked out if it hits there properly. Still, Twilight very clearly takes the kick and stays up for quite some time before letting the side effects of being kicked by a stronger force on a sensible part of his body kick in, had this kick being in any other place other than his head, he'd be bleeding, but not unconscious. In fact! This is all the actual damage Yor's kick did to Twilight's jaw. A kick from someone 100x stronger than you who can barely control their strength normally, and even less when they're drunk wouldn't just do that, it would rip your head off.

Futhermore, we are not actually scaling Twilight to Yor, we're just acknowledging the possibility that Twilight isn't 100x weaker than her (but still weaker regardless). Thus, possibly baseline 9-A.
Even a swipe along Loid’s face broke skin.
This is a very redundant claim and doesn't address, counter, or support either side.
"Stronger character using pointy heels can make a scratch on a weaker character's cheek".
This claim is true for both scenarios, thus, too redundant to be brought up.

Well, loid's own table feat broke his own skin and caused him to bleed, superficial as it might be, unless this verse has an indication of power growth or an excuse, Loid doing a feat that's like 100x less than a casual Yor feat in which he slightly harms himself doing it is a tad sus as grounds to scale.
This is the same verse that had Yor suffer from a bullet wound for 24 hours chapters before she did a 9-A feat. Not quite an anti feat. "Powerful character getting hurt with mundane stuff" is the single most common thing in any form of shounen.

This is the same verse that had Yor suffer from a bullet wound for 24 hours chapters before she did a 9-A feat. Not quite an anti feat. "Powerful character getting hurt with mundane stuff" is the single most common thing in any form of shounen.
Bullets isn't exactly the same thing as being hurt by your own feat. Especially given it's a bullet, piercing damage and what not exists and one of the most common thing in media let alone shounen, is bullets being able to harm those above their paygrade.

That's also a huge false equivalence, Loid wasn't hurt by a mundane thing or a thing lower than him (such as the bomb in that one chapter), it was literally his own quantifiable feat that's like 100x below a casual attack from Yor which damaged him a bit, you'd have to literally disregard his own feat for this scaling to make sense, not at all related to the example of what you're using.

Last edited:
Back