• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spy X Family: Loid's scaling.

So Loid currently has a 9-B feat via breaking a table calculated as many times above baseline here.

The problems with the calculation.

this calculation does have some pretty obvious flaws, such as the wood they assumed that the table uses like being that of Eastern American Pine without any real basis. Firstly, in the setting of Spy X Family the main country isn't even set in America. It's set in a country that's meant to be based on Germany ergo instead of a wood being used that's native to America. Furthermore in the anime it's shown Cleary not to be Eastern American Pine as the color and grain patterns are completely different.

So the calculation should be adjusted to use the compressive strength of the most commonly used wood for furniture in Germany. The most commonly used wood in Germany for furniture is Beechwood that makes up 57% of the forest in Germany along with being the most common, Beechwood is also a type of wood that's naturally very easy to bend. Furthermore I'm not sure why Charmander assumed 33 MPa whenever that's not what the MPa is on average. The average MPa is supposed to be 3.50 MPa, not 33 MPa (technically it's supposed to use the MPa of Beechwood, which has a common MPa of 7.50 to 46 MPa at it's highest.) And I see no reason to automatically assume the highest figure for it's MPa.

Aside from this, according to the comments underneath the blog @KLOL506 had some issues with the calculation. Another user gave an updated value with KLOL's suggest and got a yield of 66,813.66461240352 Joules or 4.45x baseline 9-B as opposed to being 100x baseline that Charmander got.

The juicy parts.

So instead of Char's calculation that needs to be removed, and replaced with the current one (that also needs to be updated with using the proper MPa of Beechwood as this also assumes a native tree to the Americas.) I propose downscaling him to Yor using the strength difference between them. She was able to one shot him but that shouldn't expell the idea of him backscaling to her as in terms of physical stats he's only a 60-70 in comparison to her 100.

Using this calculation and applying the strength difference between Loid would sit at 5.74 to 6.69 Megajoules via backscaling to Yor.

Last edited:
We aren't using this calc i think, idk why the profile is using the old 9-B table fragmenting calc when the verse page has the table feat at 9-C. I guess just replace it with the one suggested

We aren't using this calc i think, idk why the profile is using the old 9-B table fragmenting calc when the verse page has the table feat at 9-C. I guess just replace it with the one suggested
To be fair the profiles just seem like overall booty. Loid doesn't even have a movement section lol. Dude's so fast he outpaced basic profile formatting.

Edit: Like for instance why isn't Loid simply downscaling from Yor? He has a perfectly valid figure to scale her to a good chunk of her strength. In terms of physicals she's a 100 whereas Loid is a 60-70. Whatever value she's at, Loid should simply whatever yield it is minus the difference between him and Yor.

Loid's profile is far from a booty profile imo but ok.
Missing speed values, has a wrong calculation linked. That screams bad / lazy maintenance imo but I digress.
We can just replace the table punch with the 9-C calc we have rn in the verse page or the new suggestion of it being 4.45x 9-B
Epic upgrades if that's the case.
Either way works for me tbh. I'll edit the OP to reflect this.

In any other verse, characters being compared by random numbers without any further clarification would be shot out of the sky, but if it's already accepted here, I don't have much to say.

In any other verse, characters being compared by random numbers without any further clarification would be shot out of the sky, but if it's already accepted here, I don't have much to say.
To be fair this doesn't really seem to meet our standards since I believe this would fall under the same issues as our multiplier standards. I'll check whatever CRT was used to pass it and see if the arguments align with said standards.

Edit: I cannot find where that Databook statement was accepted to be implemented so I'm fine with dismissing it as legitimate here unless there are arguments for it's legitimate for linear scaling.

Personally I always thought the Loid being 70% Yor statement was very sus so I agree with this.

Last edited:
Personally I always thought the Loid being 70% Yor statement was very sus so I agree with this.
Yeah not really sure how that got passed whenever fighting power can be interpreted in lots of different ways. Secondly as far as I'm aware there isn't anything to prove this figure is linear.

Edit: The statement is also iffy at best, given that it isn't even given with 100% certainty given the term "around" and "probably" were used. Loid was also struggling against a drunk Yor and was one shot by her so I'm not sure if them being comparable is accurate. If she were only stronger by like 30-40% then she wouldn't have been able to one shot him.

Reactions: JED
Yeah not really sure how that got passed whenever fighting power can be interpreted in lots of different ways. Secondly as far as I'm aware there isn't anything to prove this figure is linear.

Edit: The statement is also iffy at best, given that it isn't even given with 100% certainty given the term "around" and "probably" were used. Loid was also struggling against a drunk Yor and was one shot by her so I'm not sure if them being comparable is accurate. If she were only stronger by like 30-40% then she wouldn't have been able to one shot him.
Loid literally admitted all he could do is block and legit saw his life flashing before his eyes as drunk Yor folded him. Like he deadass thought he was finna die before her heel snapped. Oh and how can we forget when drunk Yor did kick him he genuinely thought he died and went to heaven 😭. Him being 70% Yor is pure cap idc

Linearity was accepted because it specifically only apply to Loid and Yor, otherwise Loid would simply downscale nebulously from Yow feat. The profile currently list Loid value, besides the volleyball calc itself stating Loid value. The table fit was only forgot to be replaced in Loid profile as it was only listed in the verse profile, a change likely based in the fact that the table feat is so much lower than what Loid scale.

The profile currently list Loid value, besides the volleyball calc itself stating Loid value.
Where
Screenshot-20240121-124744-Chrome.jpg

The table fit was only forgot to be replaced in Loid profile as it was only listed in the verse profile, a change likely based in the fact that the table feat is so much lower than what Loid scale.
Fair enough but at the moment Loid isn't scaling to another feat according to the profile.

Fair enough but that should probably be reflected better on the profile. Not really sure why it needs a note whenever you can explain it in his AP section instead.

Anyway the point of the thread is that the table feat that's linked to his profile needs to be axed. As a side subject is the verse in the middle of being revised or something? Can't really think why this particular feat was left in the profile if the verse page uses a different version.

Fair enough but that should probably be reflected better on the profile. Not really sure why it needs a note whenever you can explain it in his AP section instead.

Anyway the point of the thread is that the table feat that's linked to his profile needs to be axed. As a side subject is the verse in the middle of being revised or something? Can't really think why this particular feat was left in the profile if the verse page uses a different version.
Kobster, who is the person regularly in charge of edit the profiles, liked the notes explanations that other profiles do (for example Mash) so he put the exact value in the notes. And it's actually explained though, the profile states how he downscale to Yor while linking to her, so just adding on top the exact value coming from that downscaling in the notes it's valid enough.

It should be replaced or outright removed from his profile considering how it's so far below his rating. And it was just forgot to change it, the same way it was forgot to change their LS with the updated Fiona calc. So what this crt could do is focus in update those things.

Doesn't he just scale to 60-70% of Yor?

Yeah just remove/downgrade the calc and primarily use that

Actually looking at it that calc is way better than the current one. I can reformat the OP to make this a CRT to upgrade the characters accordingly.

Anything else I should include?

Also what's the deal with Billy's lamp feat? I couldn't find it in the manga at all so it seems to be anime only and to my knowledge Endo didn’t have any involvement in the anime which makes me question using it as canon.

Actually looking at it that calc is way better than the current one. I can reformat the OP to make this a CRT to upgrade the characters accordingly.

Anything else I should include?
Calc/Stat wise? Not really as far I can remember, there are some new stuff from the movie but we are essentially waiting until the movie come officially to the west, so nothing more to add in that regard. The other possible things to do are minor fixes that I could do while adding the new fionna calc, things like link to each notes the respective calc from which said values come (like in the ap that I showed above).
Also what's the deal with Billy's lamp feat? I couldn't find it in the manga at all so it seems to be anime only and to my knowledge Endo didn’t have any involvement in the anime which makes me question using it as canon.
It's currently accepted that Endo is involved in the anime adaptations, which is why it's used.

Back