• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Starfire vs. Oliver

How good is Oliver's Life Manipulation and Starfire's Healing?

The Life Manipulation may not be as important but I feel like the healing could screw him up.

Okay then I'm going to bet on Starfire due to her healing and her powers in general. Though perhaps I'm wrong. I don't know Oliver that well unfortunately.

@Jack

Starfire's healing powers are rarely used. But Starfire does have an advantage with flight which is 100% in character for her to use and abuse in combat.

Uh

Oliver is a ranged character.

Pretty sure he can deal with flight just fine.

On his profile, it's only dozens of meters compared to Starfire's Kilometers. Starfire is also a ranged character with better range than Oliver.

I don't see the point of bringing up range for Oliver when he's outclassed.

Last I checked (which is a long time btw)

Starfire doesn't sit kilometers away during a fight and just snipe.

But how does the range correlate to my original point?

Oliver uses ranged attacks.

Flight isn't going to save Starfire.

I don't see how Starfire's range matters.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Uh

Oliver is a ranged character.

Pretty sure he can deal with flight just fine.
^This is your original point.

Starfire is also a range character, she has better range and utilized it in fights situations (not referring to kilometers away but she still has fired eyebeams from skycraper/building height) and I don't know how well "dozens of meters" is going to go against someone in the air.

There's also the fact that she spams her eye beams and has AoE blasts.

Alright?

She has better ranged?

I'm saying that flight doesn't help too much considering he's dealt with flying opponents before and he has ranged to deal with flight.

To be fair they weren't flying that high.

But I'm still 99% sure Starfire doesn't snipe 500 meters away at all in-character.

Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? I never said she snipes 500 meters away. I just said she has spammed eye blasts from building/skyscraper height (depending on how tall the towers are in jump city).

If they didn't fly that high, why did you bring it up?

If you're not arguing she snipes....

What the hell are you even arguing for?

I argued she is a ranged fighter but never said she did it from 500m away. You're the one who brought up 500m :^)

Edwardtruong2006 said:
But I'm still 99% sure Starfire doesn't snipe 500 meters away at all in-character.
^See?

Back