• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I've been busy. I just want to finish compiling some feats.

Who are we planning to scale MagnaGuards to as they are empty in the sandbox? 8-B I presume?

Also 8-A would be for any fairly competent Jedi Master, right?

I'm not sure, exactly. Their best feats are somewhat fighting Jedi (4 got wrecked by Ahsoka in 5 minutes, though), defeating Luke at one of his weakest levels of power (the MagnaGuards here were probably vastly inferior, though, as they could be killed by blasters and decapitation), and surviving the destruction of a Rogue-class Fighter. It's worth noting that they're probably far superior to IG-88 and 11.

Yes on 8-A masters.

Last edited:
8-B makes the most sense for them. But I'm not sure. I'll see what Asura has to say in that regard.

The problem is their overall lack of feats and severely inconsistent scaling.

I mean as a big picture I think it's fair to say they can contend with high level Padawans and Knights and give strong Jedi some trouble

So can Small Building level monsters in TCW, though.

anything new? tbh, we might need to go over some profiles later on, to see what old information has been retconned and cant be used anymore. after talking to some other star wars savvy *****, we found out that no matter how canon it may seem, if newer info contradicts old info, then new info is the more canon. now, of course, if something is stated like, 90 times over, and one new databook comes out and says, no, then yeah, **** the databook. but u get the point, i assume.

That's what a lot of this thread was about. Most of the recanonised Legends stuff has been removed, unless it's consistent.

As for guides, I've been making sure to mostly use stuff between 2018 and 2020, or just not use them at all.

Also, sorry for not making a lot of progress. There's just a ton of Star Wars content and I'm in the process of revising the old Thermal Detonator calculation (the yield will be way lower).

That's what a lot of this thread was about. Most of the recanonised Legends stuff has been removed, unless it's consistent.

As for guides, I've been making sure to mostly use stuff between 2018 and 2020, or just not use them at all.

Also, sorry for not making a lot of progress. There's just a ton of Star Wars content and I'm in the process of revising the old Thermal Detonator calculation (the yield will be way lower).
I'm guessing 8-C based on the 20 metre fatality radius?

Psychometry is a very rare power amongst Force Sensitives. Telepathy is also something he's never shown doing, and it's not usually done by someone with no formal knowledge (Rey is exceptional, and keep in mind that Luke did it after training with Yoda in ESB).

Psychometry is a very rare power amongst Force Sensitives. Telepathy is also something he's never shown doing, and it's not usually done by someone with no formal knowledge (Rey is exceptional, and keep in mind that Luke did it after training with Yoda in ESB).
Hmmm, what about those times that Finn sensed Kylo Ren and when he sensed Rey's death?

That's not psychometry (the ability to see the history of objects through touch), it's something like clairvoyance or extrasensory perception.

I think the calculation itself will get around Building level results, so that's some very good substantial evidence. It even makes a 10-metre crater in one story.

Also, how much do you think this would yield?
Pretty sure carving out a 10 metre crater would yield impressive results. And this is for a common infantry grenade that is standard issue for many militaries and relatively cheaply available to everyone & their mother across the galaxy.

As for the second one: Not sure.

Just asking, shouldn't Finn have Telepathy and Psychometry given that he's a force-sensitive?
Psychometry is a rare ability for Force users in both Legends and Canon.

Hmmm, what about those times that Finn sensed Kylo Ren and when he sensed Rey's death?
Maybe. I'm not sure exactly what power it is.
Hmm...

^

Actually why do Rey and Kylo even scale to Finn physically? Are they not somewhat amplified by the Force, since it's not like Obi-Wan being unconscious?

That's referring to Rey before The Force Awakens, let alone TLJ. But it is also her baseline abilities.

We don't actually know how strong Rey or Kylo are without the Force, so we should keep it the same.

I've been meaning to address that feat. He shattered her Chromium (a material designed to reflect energy) armour with the anti-lightsaber weapon, so it shouldn't scale to his physicals.

Also, Blasters deal enough physical damage. I think 9-A is completely fine for characters who scale to blasters.

We don't actually know how strong Rey or Kylo are without the Force, so we should keep it the same.
They're 9-A via scaling to Finn rn tho where they could be subconsciously amped by the Force in the fights

By the same standards as Obi-Wan they would have to be unconscious tanking a blaster for it to qualify as well

Again, Rey subconsciously used the Force before she knew about it. So she could have technically been amping herself when she overpowered Finn. But it still scales to her base stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back