• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Morgan Elsbeth confirmed to be a Nightsister? That is not a normal human.
that kinda hleps my point, doesnt it? the argument that force users struggle with normal humans all the time is quite valid, but her not being a normal human, but being only slightly above it makes it somewhat more of a point on my argument than anything else. we now know she barely beat another trashy force user, hours after she almost to mando. this seems to be enough proof to me.

My point is Ahsoka Tano would be literally weaker than Jedi younglings if we make that key and makes no sense logically within the canon.

Already talked about that in a previous thread.

Basically, it took multiple blasts, and the ship was going to freeze time with his force power, meaning it probably shouldn't scale to him.

I knoe the falcon has at least city level durability should assume the attacking potency of light turbolaser should be much higher considering the massive explosion of the razors crest of at least a few dozen meters in diameter

The Falcon's city level feat isn't anywhere near as impressive as the profile suggests. Basically, it was going to rip apart the surrounding dome.

The attack potency of light turbolasers is Large Mountain level+. So it wouldn't even come close.

Already talked about that in a previous thread.

Basically, it took multiple blasts, and the ship was going to freeze time with his force power, meaning it probably shouldn't scale to him.
Roger Roger

I knoe the falcon has at least city level durability should assume the attacking potency of light turbolaser should be much higher considering the massive explosion of the razors crest of at least a few dozen meters in diameter
I think battleship grade light turbolasers are more powerful than anti-air light turbolasers and point defence turbolasers? There has never been clear explanations on this in even Legends, with Canon being even more confusing in that regard.

I think the Arquitens-class's light turbolasers are battleship grade and designed specifically for use against small-medium warships as well as planetary bombardments. In the Moving Target novel, we see that Arquitens light cruisers can fight evenly against and even potentially overpower a Nebulon B frigate, whose turbolasers are also apparently designed for planetary bombardment. This would also explain why they need dedicated heavy laser cannons (probably for point defence).

The Falcon's city level feat isn't anywhere near as impressive as the profile suggests. Basically, it was going to rip apart the surrounding dome.
I think there is a statement from the Thrawn: Treason novel of ISD tractor beams being able to potentially devastate a city-sized spaceport. But, yeah, I agree that the Falcon profile needs a revision.

Could you provide a quote for that last one? I can't find it.

The Arquitens' (a ship 1/5th the size of an ISD) turbolasers are light, while an ISD's have light, medium and heavy.

Could you provide a quote for that last one? I can't find it.
Whelp... Never mind.

ISB Major Dayja Collerand says that over a city or spaceport, ISD protocol is to use tractor beams at low power and tightly focused into a beam. This only implies that the tractor beam could cause great damage to a city, but he never says it outright.

Ok. Given the wording, it seems to be more about casualties than structural damage.
  • “First: Over a spaceport or other inhabited region, they’re going to use low power and tight focus,” Dayja continued, his voice casual. “That makes the beams relatively easy to break clear of.”

Ok. Given the wording, it seems to be more about casualties than structural damage.
  • “First: Over a spaceport or other inhabited region, they’re going to use low power and tight focus,” Dayja continued, his voice casual. “That makes the beams relatively easy to break clear of.”
But we know that tractor beams can indeed cause structural damage.

It is a question I have been meaning to ask, but what reason is there for scaling Legends characters, in physical bodies, to the speeds and distances they can travel as Force spirits? The Force isn't bound by the causal limits of regular matter, yet several profiles are scaled to massively FTL because of what certain characters do while not in physical bodies.

Old comment, but it's outright said Palpatine "Rend space" to teleport to an Imperial servant of his to habitat his body for some time to later get to Byss, he never flew there.

It was also said he learned that technique from the Ancient Sith, so Vitiate probably did that as well.

How strong is this feat, exactly

Skip to 11:38, basically Vader lifts over 100,000 metric tons worth of ocean water. I feel we can get KE from how fast the water Vader stopped was pouring.

So what is left to sort out?
Solo's 9-B durability feat, Magna Tolvan's 9-A feat and what that means for Aphra and those who scale from her (found an instance where she survives a blaster shot to the chest, by the way, but it could be PIS) and Star Wars "peak humans" in general.

But I'm guessing the Force user and vehicle things are a bigger deal right now, so those take priority?

Yeah the 9-A upgrades can probably be dealt with another simpler thread after this.

Is there any specific scaling or feats being disputed right now? We seemed to have derailed a lot.

Sorry, I've just been a tad focused on some other stuff.

Just some of the scaling.

Should Clone Wars Grievous/Obi-Wan be closer to Dooku or Ahsoka?

Ok then.

@Spino Would you mind doing the temple explosion with surface area? We discussed it here and you're a calc group member, so it's more likely to get acceptance. Also, this is Vader's last position, and the explosion came from the obelisk in front of them.

Here's some pages I'd like someone to review.
I've also asked a few times about this, but never gotten an exact answer (plus, I just can't remember what the answer was), but where does the 800 PJ proton torpedo yield come from?

I think we should remove ramming feats since they can puncture shields and are at least somewhat dependent on a vessel's own shield power.

Also, there's a feat in Legends (I believe it's one of the 90s novels, possibly Jedi Order) where a Star Destroyer crashes into water at full speed and vaporizes a large amount (1,000,000 tons?) of sea water. If someone could find this, I'd appreciate it.

Here's some pages I'd like someone to review.
I've also asked a few times about this, but never gotten an exact answer (plus, I just can't remember what the answer was), but where does the 800 PJ proton torpedo yield come from?

I think we should remove ramming feats since they can puncture shields and are at least somewhat dependent on a vessel's own shield power.

Also, there's a feat in Legends (I believe it's one of the 90s novels, possibly Jedi Order) where a Star Destroyer crashes into water at full speed and vaporizes a large amount (1,000,000 tons?) of sea water. If someone could find this, I'd appreciate it.
1. From the old AOTC ICS and Legends edition of the Complete Vehicles guide. They give an 800 PJ yield for the Slave I's proton torpedoes and concussion missiles. They also give a 50 EJ figure for Seismic charges (which doesn't actually seem farfetched now, given that they can split an Immobilizer 418 apart, and it should be at least as durable as the Quasar Fire-class).

2. Seems fine to me.

3. What? Was this upon impact or upon the ISD exploding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back