• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
cere's feat is impressive, but didnt he overpower it in like, 10 seconds, without much effort? i think she just
caught him off guard, luke kick style.

cere's feat is impressive, but didnt he overpower it in like, 10 seconds, without much effort? i think she just
caught him off guard, luke kick style.
Yes. He did eventually overpower it. But he still was impressed and stated that she possessed fine power and would have made a fine Inquisitor.

Checked the sandbox, as I said I think all Jedi should be 9-A naturally scaling to Kylo and Rey as I don't see why they would be specifically far weaker. Also Palpatine's TROS feat is going to be completely scrapped?
I think Jedi in Legends can also be 9-B naturally. That feat in ROTS where Kenobi is unscathed from having a metal platform dropped on him by Dooku counts as both Canon and Legends; and Kenobi was unconscious at the time, meaning it was his natural durability. I mentioned this to Lina and Matthew a long time ago, but it got lost somewhere and forgotten about.

Yeah I said that too in the past. I have no clue why Legends is 9-C when literally the same feat exists.

The novel also straight-up says Obi-Wan's head is as hard as the wall of the ship.

There's also that the Relativistic movement speed should be removed/downgraded for Legends since it's not really movement but combat speed since he's moving his arms. Are there any good Force Speed feats in Legends that's more than Subsonic?

There's also that the Relativistic movement speed should be removed/downgraded for Legends since it's not really movement but combat speed since he's moving his arms. Are there any good Force Speed feats in Legends that's more than Subsonic?
The only ones I can remember off the top of my head are: Grievous moving 100 metres at such speed that he seems to have teleported; and Windu outpacing a blaster shot.

Here. It's not quite complete, and City Block level+ is probably getting downgraded to City Block level for Force-Users that aren't on the level of 14 BBY Vader.

Oh, they're getting straight up AP values? They aren't getting amped by the Force?

There isn't one. It's purely from scaling to AT-ATs.

He wasn't just lifting the AT-AT, he was ripping it apart.

Slightly off-topic. I don't know if it's too much of a stretch of logic, but to support my possible 9-A Mandalorian upgrade, there's the thing that Finn barely kept up and got beaten by a severely weakened Kylo Ren wielding Anakin's lightsaber while Pre Vizsla fought Darth Maul for a lengthy duel before dying with the Darksaber. Anakin and Maul are on similar levels so Pre Vizsla should be stronger than Finn.

They've also dodged and deflected them (with or without lightsabers) even more.

I don't really get what you mean. Are you suggesting Vader hasn't shown the ability to outmanoeuvre or deflect blaster bolts?

I don't really get what you mean. Are you suggesting Vader hasn't shown the ability to outmanoeuvre or deflect blaster bolts?
its cuz he gets hit all the time lol he's the guy who has feats of walking through battlefields but also has too much trouble with padme's doubles.

We're not talking about canon, just legends.

its cuz he gets hit all the time lol

True, but he also does the opposite even more frequently, hence why he's alive in the first place. Spider-Man has been tagged by bullets, but does that mean he's slower and we should just ignore the trillion other times he dodges them?

Late Clone Wars Windu isn't to much better than Early Windu. The only time he gains a notable power boost is right before he fights Sidious where he unlocks Vaapad's full potential.

Also would this really be better than his one blast bolt dodge against the Bounty Hunter trying to take the Jedi Baby?

I found a copy of Star Wars Complete Vehicles, New Edition, which republishes non-canon guides, and I was right. The Acclamator's 200 gigaton yield, the Slave I's 2 kiloton yield, and practically all of the joule/watt values have been removed. The only remaining power value (aside 100 megaton plasma bombs that comes from a canon guide) is the LAAT/i's blaster cannons, which seems to be a mistake because every other canonical source says they're laser canons.

I found a copy of Star Wars Complete Vehicles, New Edition, which republishes non-canon guides, and I was right. The Acclamator's 200 gigaton yield, the Slave I's 2 kiloton yield, and practically all of the joule/watt values have been removed. The only remaining power value (aside 100 megaton plasma bombs that comes from a canon guide) is the LAAT/i's blaster cannons, which seems to be a mistake because every other canonical source says they're laser canons.
I honestly don't think it's a big deal, since the terms are used interchangeably even in-universe. Cad Bane once stated that he would love to pump Kenobi full of laser bolts, even though his LL-30s are blaster pistols. And then you have the TFA cross-sections book explicitly stating that laser cannons and turbolasers are just blaster tech scaled up.

Note: I'm talking only about the blaster cannon - laser cannon term interchangeability in Canon here, not the numbers given.

Also, isn't there a feat in a Canon Star Wars Adventures comic where the LAAT blaster cannons have a nice showing? They blow up a steel bridge with a quick burst.

Edit: Regarding the above feat, it happens in The Clone Wars - Battle Tales (Issue 5).

So the values are no longer canon or what?
Pretty much. But most of the old lore (which doesn't conflict with the new Canon) in those old books are Canon. This includes Acclamators being able to carry out BDZs and a lot of other stuff.

By the way @ByAsura
Do the new Complete Vehicles guides still have that statement about the Clone Trooper DC-15A blaster rifles having a range of 10 km? Given that we know sniper blasters in Canon can hit targets out to 5 or even 10 km, that statement would further support blaster bolt velocities being way higher than people think.

Last edited:
I read it wrong. They say the laser cannons have a 5 gigajoule yield, which we can discount. This also makes sense with the new canon treating them as if they don't exist.
  • Laser cannons clear ground resistance with variable shots of up to five gigajoules
I actually added that feat to my sandbox when I found it a while ago. I've been planning to do a calculation for a while now, but the art is very inconsistent in that issue. They do show that it's not hollow, IIRC.

Edit: I've done the calc. The high-end is pretty consistent with current ratings.

Here's the BDZ thing. It's a good supporting feat, given that the fleet forming the Kamino blockade is considered enormous, yet only contains little more than a dozen ships.
  • Orbital bombardments with high-yield proton torpedoes and surgical turbolaser strikes hit enemy fortifications when capture is not a priority. Armies entrenched deep underground may be subject to a last-resort “Base Delta Zero” fleet bombardment, reducing the upper crust of a planet to molten slag
Edit: There's also some supporting feats that I'll look into. The Kamino number is also consistent with the Empire's Endor Fleet.
Yes, actually, I even screenshotted it (the book is digital, and I can use the "find" tool) when I first found that statement. Feel free to ask me for some info in the future.

Last edited:
There's some more feats retained and removed from the old canon.

The Providence-class' maximum turbolaser yield is still equivalent to a Magnitude 10 Earthquake, but any and all megaton-level laser/ion cannon statements have been removed (including the Providence-class' cannons being equal to the heat of a nuke).
  • Quad turbolaser cannon’s maximum yield is equivalent to magnitude-10 earthquake
Each of a Munificent's main turbolasers can blast-melt a 1,000 km ice moon.
  • Each craft’s two huge turbolaser cannons can, for example, blast-melt an ice-moon measuring 1,000 kilometers (621 miles) in diameter, or pierce the shields of a 10-km-wide (6.2-mile-wide) Grade III battle station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back