• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Canon ROTJ Vader stronger or weaker than Rebels Vader, since the latter is his "prime" per WoG iirc?
He seemingly becomes stronger post-ANH, due to letting go of some of his self-doubt (such as at the end of the Cylo arc) and further training at the hands of Palpatine post-TESB (though that arc has yet to be concluded).

I already said this before, but Pablo never specifies strength, prime is in the context of his lack of emotions, and he never says it ends before his death. It doesn't matter, though, because Ahsoka fought this Vader, and his main feat happened in Rebels. I'd also say that he's not taking the comics into account very much (IIRC, the 2015 Vader comics came out at about the same time).

Luke should still be at least as strong as that Vader.

I've given Luke a placeholder rating of Large Building level. Han noticeably felt the attack from the bridge of an I-SD from the reactor room, which is something like 400 metres, so I think this rating is realistic.

I've given Luke a placeholder rating of Large Building level. Han noticeably felt the attack from the bridge of an I-SD from the reactor room, which is something like 400 metres, so I think this rating is realistic.
What I find odd about this feat is that Luke's shaking of an ISD would require more power than starfighter laser cannon shots, which can't shake an ISD when hitting the hull outside. Then again, he did his shit from inside, so . . . I don't know.

In any case, I think a High 8-C to High 8-C+ rating makes sense, given the feat by the younglings in TCW and post-ANH Luke surviving (albeit knocked out) by a thermal detonator in the Star Wars Adventures comics.

@ByAsura
@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

In the comic Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures (Issue 1, towards the end of the chapter) an untrained force sensitive girl named Zeen Mrala uses telekinesis to halt a giant projectile (from that great hyperspace disaster) about to hit the island where she lives.

The High Republic Adventures 1 | Wookieepedia | Fandom

It's probably not as impressive a feat as it looks at first glance, but still probably an impressive showing for Padawan levels and younglings who haven't even begun training.

Zeen steps up and does something - Imgur

Is it possible to make a calc for this?

She was only able to hold it up for a bit before the Jedi Padawan Lula Talisola stepped in to aid her. However, it is important to note that Zeen had always kept her powers suppressed, and this is her first actual use of the Force (other than for precognition and sensing danger).

Note: I'm not actually sure here if it was only Lula who helped Zeen. I think the other two Padawans there - Qort and Farzalla - might also have aided.

Edit:
I should probably make a formal request on the calculation requests thread.

Last edited:
I don't think it's calculable without a frame of reference.

Also, did she stop that entire ship thing? It might be an outlier, if that's the case, unless we treat her as an unusually powerful and prodigious Jedi (the comic does sort of allude to this).

By the way, are there any technological feats in the High Republic stories, so far? Past Republic/Sith technology is very explicitly inferior in Disney canon, although they look more advanced because of mass-production methods adopted by the Empire.

Last edited:

Also, did she stop that entire ship thing? It might be an outlier, if that's the case, unless we treat her as an unusually powerful and prodigious Jedi (the comic does sort of allude to this).

By the way, are there any technological feats in the High Republic stories, so far? Past Republic/Sith technology is very explicitly inferior in Disney canon, although they look more advanced because of mass-production methods adopted by the Empire.
Understandable.

Zeen halted that thing by herself before it impacted, but could hold it for literally a couple of seconds before additional power stepped in to help.

I've actually only read the High Republic era comics and one short story. There aren't really too many tech feats so far in what I have read. I'll see what other technological feats are there once I get the three released books in the series.

The only thing I've seen of note so far is in that same comic issue I talked about in my previous comment. A Jedi rescure craft i.e. not even outfitted for combat, seemingly vaporizes a large chunk of debris about to hit the same island. Other than that, I have nothing else so far.

Ok.

Looking at the feat, it wasn't vaporized, but she definitely overpowered the KE of the object. Even assuming it's a 2 m sphere of titanium, the feat gets low-end Multi-City Block level.

On another note, Yoda looks suspiciously like Obama. I've also got a calc for the TIE/sf falling from orbit.
I see. Not bad overall though, considering this is just a rescue craft.

I think the lower end for the TIE calc makes more sense. I think TIEs are overall smaller/lighter than X-wings, which have an official weight of 10 metric tons.

Yes, but the feat this Padawan performed was actually leagues upon leagues above the 8-A feat. It'd probably even be an outlier for our old High 7-C ratings.

agree with this, and even then, we cant be sure to whom it scales, so it might be even more useless if we consider that.

8-A Padawan would probably be an outlier?
8-A Padawans would not really be an outlier, considering there have been Padawans able to contend with TPM Maul, who would be on the level of Jedi High Council members. But, as @ByAsura said, that feet by Zeen is hilariously above anything even especially gifted Padawans and even Masters have shown.

9-B for a human, which lowers depending on surface area. For Chewie's feat, it's probably Street level, while an AT-ST in this one comic might be Small Building level.
Also, sorry for asking this question a few times, but why do Concussion Missiles and Torpedoes scale above the 100 megaton missiles? Not much would change, tbh, just the yield of weaker missiles and ship durability (even then, we have City level+ interdictors and B-Wings destroying the equivalent of a "small mountain" worth of asteroid).

Edit: There's a few really good feats that I've found. I'll post them later.

Last edited:
8-A Padawans would not really be an outlier, considering there have been Padawans able to contend with TPM Maul, who would be on the level of Jedi High Council members. But, as @ByAsura said, that feet by Zeen is hilariously above anything even especially gifted Padawans and even Masters have shown.
also Rey smashing the big snek against the wall.

I've looked into some stuff, and I'm thinking of adding a few more things.

9-B for a human, which lowers depending on surface area. For Chewie's feat, it's probably Street level, while an AT-ST in this one comic might be Small Building level.
Also, sorry for asking this question a few times, but why do Concussion Missiles and Torpedoes scale above the 100 megaton missiles? Not much would change, tbh, just the yield of weaker missiles and ship durability (even then, we have City level+ interdictors and B-Wings destroying the equivalent of a "small mountain" worth of asteroid).

Edit: There's a few really good feats that I've found. I'll post them later.
I see. I asked because B2 battle droid armour plating is apparently tough enough to withstand walking in lava.

As for AT-STs: I believe they have Gigajoule level feats.

Those missiles were used by the Umbarans to defend against ground forces. Meanwhile concussion missiles and proton torpedoes can be used against capital warships. I don't remember exactly why the latter scale above. I'll have to go back and check some of my notes.

Okay. These feats are from which work?

That's probably Wall level, then. I won't say it's inconsistent because IG-11 did the same.

They're listed as Small Building level with blasters.

I don't think that's enough proof. The Umbarans have some extremely weird and advanced technology when compared to either the GR and CIS. Being used for ground defence doesn't really suggest it's less powerful, either.

The first one turned out to not very powerful, while the second (the Ghost ripping an Arquitens in two) was an outlier.

That's probably Wall level, then. I won't say it's inconsistent because IG-11 did the same.

They're listed as Small Building level with blasters.

I don't think that's enough proof. The Umbarans have some extremely weird and advanced technology when compared to either the GR and CIS. Being used for ground defence doesn't really suggest it's less powerful, either.

The first one turned out to not very powerful, while the second (the Ghost ripping an Arquitens in two) was an outlier.
Yeah. By the way, there is a feat where IG-88 crashes through a stone roof while making a few metre wide hole. Is it possible to calc that? It happens in the Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Special.

Yeah. B2s can take hits from Clone troopers' blasters (which have 16 kg TNT and 41 kg TNT per shot feats) but they can quickly mow each other down with bursts from their wrist blasters, indicating comparable or superior power.

Yeah, I went and checked. It all goes back to Curtis Saxton's 800 Petajoule figures from the AOTC ICS book. I agree with no longer using that reasoning. And, yeah, the Umbaran tech is just freaky compared to what the GR and CIS possess.

---

One more thing...

In the latest issue (10) of the 2020 Darth Vader comic run, we see an Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor (with a modification to carry an escape pod) crash-land on Exegol after Vader loses control of the starfighter. It proceeds to crash-land with the escape pod hitting ground first.

Seeing as how the TIE/sf crash-land calc yielded 8-B results, I'm guessing this would be in the same ballpark?

I'll look into that.

They can take 1 or 2, but any more will rip through them. They also appear to be similar to Stormtroopers, where the armour is stronger and weaker at different points.

Then I'll give some new reasoning.

I'll be sure to look into that, as well.

Edit: The escape pod in this comic took a hit from a TIE Fighter, and they landed directly onto it. I'll still calc it, though. Also, it proves that Eta-2s can tank the heat from entering the atmosphere.

Also, I couldn't exactly calculate the cave one, but there's another.

Last edited:
I'll look into that.

They can take 1 or 2, but any more will rip through them. They also appear to be similar to Stormtroopers, where the armour is stronger and weaker at different points.

Then I'll give some new reasoning.

I'll be sure to look into that, as well.

Edit: The escape pod in this comic took a hit from a TIE Fighter, and they landed directly onto it. I'll still calc it, though. Also, it proves that Eta-2s can tank the heat from entering the atmosphere.

Also, I couldn't exactly calculate the cave one, but there's another.
Yeah, it's probably like high end 9-B or even 9-A. If the latter, it would just put an additional figure on his current 9-A rating (which he gets for ripping open a blaster proof door).

Yeah, their weak points were explicitly talked about in Thrawn: Alliances.

Yeah, okay. Remind me again: What is the new accepted rating for starfighter grade proton torpedoes and concussion missiles? Seeing as how a barrage can damage ships as durable as or more so than a Quasar Fire-class, it'd probably be well into Tier 7, right?

Durability needed for atmospheric re-entry is probably not that high, right?

Huh...? What cave one? The IG-88 feat?

I didn't manage to get that one. However, I found that IG-88B has a very casual feat that's almost Wall level+ (likely Wall level+ given the sections I didn't include) in this comic.

That was a B-Wing. I'm thinking of also addressing starship armour. There'll be a big post on it.

Probably not, but surviving that kind of heat is consistent.

Yes, unfortunately. However, fragmenting 10 cubic metres of rock is Small Building level.

The first of Spino's calcs was accepted.

Last edited:
I didn't manage to get that one. However, I found that IG-88B has a very casual feat that's almost Wall level+ (likely Wall level+ given the sections I didn't include) in this comic.

That was a B-Wing. I'm thinking of also addressing starship armour. There'll be a big post on it.

Probably not, but surviving that kind of heat is consistent.

Yes, unfortunately. However, fragmenting 10 cubic metres of rock is Small Building level.

The first of Spino's calcs was accepted.
That's still pretty impressive. I also commented on the escape pod durability.

No, I meant that there are other instances of starfighter grade proton torpedoes and concussion missiles damaging capital warships. One instance is during the battle of Ringo Vinda, when ARC-170s and Clone Z-95s bombard CIS Munificents and Recusants with their torpedoes; In Heir to the Jedi, Luke damages an Immobilizer 418 with concussion missiles from the Desert Jewel, a modified light freighter; There is also the fact that the A-wing is sometimes used for strikes against capital ships due to its relatively large-for-its-size concussion missile payload.

I guess it's a nice bit-feat for the Eta-2.

Yeah, that makes sense. Consistent with other higher tier combat droids.

Oh, yeah. Just need the Tolvan calc avaluated, then.

That's more the surface armour and weak points, which even laser cannons are capable of breeching. I'll be addressing how ship durability has changed. As for Luke damaging an Immobiliser, light freighters aren't capital ships; they're much smaller and less durable. The Immobiliser, in particular, is actually very vulnerable due to its gravity wells and relative weakness. He also took out the gravity wells and their individual shield generators.
  • The concussion missiles struck one after the other, the first weakening the generator’s own shield and the second following up, penetrating and destroying it.
Torpedoes and missiles are more designed to batter capital ship armour and components, like shields, but not outright destroy them. Battering shields and destroying armour is more for Proton Bombs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back