• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode VI Return of the Threadi

republic-under-siege-out-november-20th-november-27th-2024-v0-t92liny1n1kd1.jpeg

Don’t want to rush anyone but how’s the whole SW canon/legends revision going so far. Just curious to see how it’s going and just checking in, since idk what else to talk about here

I guess on the other hand, I bought dark disciple and got the Vader: Black, White, and Red comic, and I’m still reading through darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

EDIT: has anybody also heard of the KOTOR remake? Pretty sure it’ll remain legends continuity but I’m excited for it

Last edited:
How long could a human live if they were force sensitive?
Depends on how powerful you are and whether you have a close connection to the will of the Force (like Fay as mentioned above, who was a near-human centuries old and implied to be completely un-aging) or if you have engaged in rituals of obscene scope (like Darth Vitiate who was practically immortal, living for nearly 1500 years and needing to be killed 6 separate times before being finished for good, and could even bestow immortality on others like Lord Scourge who is 300 years old).

Although for typical force sensitives you would probably only get a few years extra, maybe a few decades. Even Marka Ragnos, the strongest ancient Sith aside Vitiate, only lived a little over a hundred years as a Sith half-blood (who are very similar biologically to humans). Although he could persist as a Force ghost for another ~5000 years at least.

Since this thread is actively only kept alive by a few of us, I guess let's talk about novels anybody has read(?) I'm still going through Shadow Hunter since college homework is a pain

Also curious, is anybody going to make a page for the Force and the abilities Force users have for both Canon/Legends since it'll greatly help?

Since this thread is actively only kept alive by a few of us, I guess let's talk about novels anybody has read(?) I'm still going through Shadow Hunter since college homework is a pain

Also curious, is anybody going to make a page for the Force and the abilities Force users have for both Canon/Legends since it'll greatly help?
I remember someone making a sandbox, I forgot where it is tho

Is 2003 clone wars canon? That Anakin calc might apply to disney verse
Nah, Legends only. Only 2008 The Clone Wars show is Canon. Although the feat isn’t from the TV show anyways, it is from the comic Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Vol. 2, which is also Legends only.

As a general rule, anything prior to April 25th 2014 is Legends and anything after that is Canon, aside from the first 6 movies and S1-6 of 2008 The Clone Wars which apply to both continuities (with S7 being Canon only).

Is there a wiki/fandom that only has Legends stuff, events, characters etc. and that is not crowded with TCW content which contradicts the legends timeline?

Is there a wiki/fandom that only has Legends stuff, events, characters etc. and that is not crowded with TCW content which contradicts the legends timeline?
There is currently an effort in the works to split the Canon and Legends pages instead of just using separate keys, however TCW will always be part of Legends pages as it is has been repeatedly established as not only a source canonical to Legends, but a source of the highest canonicity bar the movies themselves.

Contradictions are inevitable when you have a franchise decades old with hundreds of different works and hundreds of different authors, but that is no reason to disregard the official continuity rules set out by the franchise itself just to pick and choose our own headcanon.

Last edited:
There is currently an effort in the works to split the Canon and Legends pages instead of just using separate keys, however TCW will always be part of Legends pages as it is has been repeatedly established as not only a source canonical to Legends, but a source of the highest canonicity bar the movies themselves.

Contradictions are inevitable when you have a franchise decades old with hundreds of different contributors and hundreds of different authors, but that is no reason to disregard the official continuity rules set out by the franchise itself just to pick and choose our own headcanon.
It just sucks that TCW turned Grievous into a bitch.

It just sucks that TCW turned Grievous into a bitch.
Really, TCW gets way too much praise when it isn't perfect and has some seriously ridiculous bad moments and writing, like grievous being turned into a bitch and retconning his backstory, turning most of the Jedi Council into fodder. Seriously, why the **** should you even care about any other Jedi beyond Anakin, Obi Wan, Ahsoka, Yoda, because most of them were fodder? Mace himself was made to be even a bigger dick than he actually was in Legends where he wasn't even that big of a douche. They killed off a majority of Jedi Council masters and turned them into mindless fodder when in Legends, they showed why they were Jedi Council masters and had a seat on the Council

Is there any character that is actually better than their legend counterpart?
In TCW compared to the rest of Legends? I guess we got Pre-66 Sidious who casually chokes Dooku out from fifty thousand light years away over holocom and one-shots both Maul and Savage with the Force. There is also Kenobi who bests Maul and Savage simultaneously in a duel. Ventress also gets an upgrade for being able to momentarily overpower both Kenobi and Anakin at the same time and beating Grievous in a duel. Eeth Koth and Kit Fisto both do well against Grievous. Anakin also gets the best feat in the series while mega-amped on Mortis - overpowering both the Son and the Daughter at the same time.

In TCW compared to the rest of Legends? I guess we got Pre-66 Sidious who casually chokes Dooku out from fifty thousand light years away over holocom and one-shots both Maul and Savage with the Force. There is also Kenobi who bests Maul and Savage simultaneously in a duel. Ventress also gets an upgrade for being able to momentarily overpower both Kenobi and Anakin at the same time and beating Grievous in a duel. Eeth Koth and Kit Fisto both do well against Grievous. Anakin also gets the best feat in the series while mega-amped on Mortis - overpowering both the Son and the Daughter at the same time.
I meant in terms of writing

I meant in terms of writing
In terms of writing we get some growth and great new perspectives for Yoda, Ahsoka gets introduced and has a long journey of character development, Anakin gets some much needed additional characterization which makes his fall to the dark side seem less rushed in ROTS, Plo Koon is done very well in both his interactions with his clones and his missions with Ahsoka, Darth Maul gets his character completely fleshed out basically from scratch, Kenobi is awesome as always, and even Ventress gets some nice character development despite some continuity clashes.

Back