• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Trek General Revisions

"Suddenly, the blackness expands and surrounds the Enterprise, but causes no harm. In the void, no stars are visible, but Picard decides to hold position and collect whatever information they can. Unfortunately, Data indicates that the sensors detect nothing and that the void has no mass or dimension, and logically shouldn't exist. Picard orders an exit course, but as the ship travels, there is no end in sight and the space appears to be caught in a loop. Data drops a stationary beacon to use as a positional reference. At warp, the signal rapidly fades behind the ship, but is soon picked up again dead ahead ― proof the ship is running in circles."

This would imply that there is no subspace here, because the Enterprise has been shown many times being able to detect subspace signatures, and Voyager can even detect apertures where 5-D beings arrive through subspace, as shown in "Bride of Chaotica," on VOY.

The creature is also directly stated on the Star Trek official database to exist outside of the universe, to be undefinable, and that the non-dimensional void is extra-dimensional.

This answer on the Scifi Stack Exchange website describes it best:

"The very clear implication is that Nagilum is immortal, in the fullest sense of the word. He is eternally living. Our best evidence is that, for want of a better explanation he seems to lack any experience of, or even the concept of death.

(Is it also true that you have only a limited existence?...You exist -- and then you cease to exist? Your minds call it "death.) Nagilum himself (itself?) seems to exist in a pocket universe of his own devising. Data describes it as a...lack of dimension rather than an alternate dimension (like fluidic space) or a subspace realm like we see in Schisms.

Given his obvious level of control over this region of non-space, and the fact that such a place (or non-place, to be precise) would survive the end of our universe, there's no special reason to assume that he would be subject to the same mortality as other more mundane energy life-forms."

Alrighty. Can I make the profile, then? I'll leave it up here for inspection when done if allowed.

Can you unlock it again?

I was finishing giving a summary for the creature.

Okay, I have to really work on other projects and whatnot, but the pages that will be a little harder, but also a lot less dimensional and whatnot (I'm kinda done with those, even though the Nacene, Pah-Wraiths and Prophets will undoubtedly need pages as well eventually) will be those for the Federation, Dominion, Sphere-Builders and Klingon Empire/Romulan Star Empire. (Faction pages are allowed, right?)

We can start with the Federation since they have the most data available, but where would you see them at their lowest ends (post Eugenics war late 21st, early 22nd century. Yes, I know it wasn't technically the Federation back then, but Starfleet was still sorta existent), mid ends (late 22nd and early 23rd centuries) the mid-high ends (late 23rd, early 24th) high ends (mid to late 24th) top ends (25th-28th century) and then god tier (29th century+, iirc)

Yep. Oh yeah are the other Star Trek character profiles unlocked? I might want to add the phaser explanation to them later.

@Aeyu

PS Did you fix the speeds yet? I actually didn't notice those; they were in the old profile so I didn't correct them.

It was made explicitly clear in Star Trek's first episode that the Enterprise's arsenal can easily destroy a continent, and it was stated in many later episodes that she ship can physically destroy an entire planet's surface if necessary. We actually see the aftermath of the Enterprise's attack on Tycho IV onscreen: the entire surface was made devoid of vegetation and all bodies of water were evaporated, and a continent-sized crater was left - after an attack that consisted of exactly one antimatter bomb, not some kind of NDF reaction. Combine that with the fact that the Enterprise took a direct hit from the Planet Killer with it's shields down (thus, any "NDF" effect would be at play), and it didn't even breach the hull... there's no way the Enterprise is less than continent level by any logic.

The reference at https://www.phasers.net/2360/settings.htm is not an official source for Star Trek information, and the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual is not a canon source, either.

I'm just stating that the way we give AP for Star Trek, specifically, is a problem because canonically, based on script, novelization, and guidebook (which we did accept for the other phaser calc), their weapons utilize special particles to cause the damage. The damage increases based on how much the energy to particle ratio is (again please see the inserted phaser link. In other words, they can do a lot more damage for a lot less energy. (...) Actually if we went by visual calculation, then the continent level calc would be gone anyway, b/c the visuals only demonstrate megaton level detonations at best (Sorry it was calced in spacebattles - i'll try to find it). We only have 6A b/c we calculated using the script. Also the durability feat was also based off statements.

Perhaps you missed Tycho IV, which was destroyed by an antimatter bomb. An antimatter bomb generates it's explosive power by combining matter and antimatter - inside the bomb itself - to release gamma ray photons, which are NOT "special particles" that "do more damage for less energy". The sheer energy release put a clearly visible continent-sized crater into the planet, and utterly destroyed all water on the planet's surface and blasted away the atmosphere.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tycho_IV.jpg < Here you can see Tycho IV before the blast. Take note of the clouds and bodies of water.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tycho_IV_crater.jpg < This is the aftermath. Take note of the lack of clouds and bodies of water.

Statements in Star Trek are often not hyperbolic: the characters involved are usually trained Starfleet personnel who have no reason at all to exaggerate their claims, and their statements tend to be backed by the events as they occur in the series.

Back