• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Trek General Revisions

Yeah sure. Azathoth already agreed to the High 2A upgrade. Now we just need a consensus on speed and a final review for the variable tiering for the ships.

True, but I would like to, if possible, apply said upgrades so that we can move on to finishing up with the ships and then I can propose tiering for Kes, the Cochrane Shuttle/Defiant, the Wormhole Aliens, the Sphere-Builders, and potentially the U.S.S. Discovery .-.

Let's table the discovery for now. Also the sphere builders would need further discussion.

The reason I mentioned Discovery was because of its spore drive as well as its relative size and possible technological advantage to the original NCC-1701, based on it being presumably a ship sanctioned by Section 31 (That might be a theory)

Also, haven't forgotten! Voyager will be interesting due to the modifications made to it, especially at the end of the series to fight the Borg.

Well, that seems reasonable enough. What about a possibly higher for the other key, if added?

And should I make a separate thread for this, or can the upgrades be applied?

Who are some other admins I could ask about this if I need some more consensus first?

The Traveler should receive a similar upgrade, though to a lesser extent, seeing as they were comparable to but not at the same level of being as the Q, were stated to be from a higher dimension, and had a large degree of control over space, time and subspace, as well as being able to recreate universes to some degree. I propose At least Low 2-C, possibly High 2-A.

Yeah I agree with the Traveler being at at leasst low 2-C. Don't put possibly high 2-A though; they weren't on the tier of the Q.

I only suggested that as they were able to manipulate subspace fields, which might put them at that level, as already shown on their profile. They wouldn't be possibly High 2-A due to scaling from Q, and even then, this possibly would be, as already stated again, at an inferior level to that of Q, hence the possibly.

And I think the ship revisions are good, but the pages should be left unlocked so that they can be updated as time goes on.

Also, with the NCC-1701, could you add a key for the Mirror Universe version?

As well as a refit version for the D? (In All Good Things, Admiral Riker was shown piloting a version of the D with three nacelles that had far more powerful weaponry and a built-in cloaking device.)

I'm thinking of making the Voyager and Discovery pages next, followed by Kes (I also have to make some Xenogears pages, so this might take a little bit)

@Aeyu

Done. Give it a look to see if I missed something please. I'll probably also revise the character pages to specify that phasers are not as effective against shielding.

Mostly it's formatting stuff, but I'll help clean all that up. And that sounds fine enough. James T Kirk's profile needs to be unlocked for that, though (Request it on an admin's wall or something), and while you're editing that, add his mirror-universe counterpart, as they're still technically the same character, just not part of the same continuity. (I can help with that if you need)

As for the "possibly higher" on Q does the holodeck einstein and barclay's theory hold any water? Also an At least High 2-A for the continuun collective seems more accurate

Also the Voyager scales to The Doctor (in his ECH mode)

It's too vague to warrant any concrete rating in the opinion of the admins. In his AP, however, it shows how much higher that that possibly higher could be, though it's not concrete (just like the vagueness of the statements used)

I originally had the Continuum at At least High 2-A but it doesn't really make sense. Unless the Continuum is beyond infinitely more powerful than Q, they wouldn't really qualify for more than a higher degree of High 2-A. Feel free to provide contrary evidence, though.

And I don't see why you think that. Also, Voyager receives several refits throughout the course of the show.

Yeah Voyager is the ship that gets probably the most upgrades, ever. I actually can't think of any ship that got more modifications in any series, well at least over a long period of time.

hrm considering "at least high 2-A" denotes Megaverse level the continuum itself likely isnt big enough to warrant them to be megaversal. Perhaps its more fitting for prophet q(?), and i would follow up with "possibly far higher" because from 5-6-D to 26/infinite-D is a massive tier gap.

and yeah, EoS Voyager is probably one of the strongest ships. The Doctor would scale via having all its command codes through his ECH program.

Phaser rifles' tier (city lvl?) obviously scales to anybody that has access to them.

We don't use the term megaverse here, because of the obvious definition discrepancies, but they might qualify anyway (Subspace had an infinite number of domains and universes, so...)

And well, propose that yourself and see how others like it. I'm not averse to it, but the claims are still vague, and we don't know how many dimensions truly exist, only that he's present in and can "see into," used in that context to refer to his strength. Still, doesn't seem too unreasonable. I'd suggest messaging admins to see their responses.

Having its command codes doesn't mean he can't be locked out or that he has the ship's dura/AP, though. When he's away from the ship he's not much higher in AP/Dura than a regular human.

And handheld phasers and rifles usually scale from 8-C to 8-B, though I'm sure that could be revised with evidence.

**** i hate how this thing just deletes your long time consuming written msg if you dont hit reply fast enough

Crzer07 said:
**** i hate how this thing just deletes your long time consuming written msg if you dont hit reply fast enough
Rule of thumb, if you spend more then 20 minutes writing a reply, save it to a notepad or something before you post it. That'll save you a lot of heartache in the future.

anyway whatever, long story really short

The "at least' in front of the tier and "far" in front of higher fits better with your detailed description.

Can be locked out is his weakness. Once he assumes the program he can operate it with no one on board. He also has some superhuman physical feats along with being intangible due to being holographic.

There was a calc in here that has personal phasers at small city level+ on the highest end, tho it wasnt accepted and nobody bothered to correct it.

Rule of thumb, if you spend more then 20 minutes writing a reply, save it to a notepad or something before you post it. That'll save you a lot of heartache in the future.

Yeah I was doing it on my phone. Im so pissed off rightnow for wasting my time and likely for long

So...what do you guys think of this? I'm going to create its profile soon and I want to be sure we all agree on this before hand.

Dark Nagilum
< This creature, Nagilum, is said to exist in a void which Data says has no dimensions, should not exist, has no mass or energy, and is undefinable, being unable to be measured or defined by human words or concepts. The creature is eternal and ageless, being unfamiliar with the concept of death, or a "limited existence," and is able to create higher dimensions, as well as warp the fabric and nature of reality. The Enterprise enters its reality through a hole in space. It's unaffected by any of Picard's actions, and the crew only escapes its grasp due to his intellect and negotiation tactics, which includes the threat of blowing up the ship (which would not affect the entity in any way). It's not specified what its relationship is to Q in any canon, so it doesn't need to scale to him, but its void exists outside the space-time continuum and is also outside of subspace, which Q's domain is not, according to cano, and the being is directly said to be outside of this dimension, as well as Q needing to snap his fingers to make things happen, whereas Nagilum instantaneously made an Ensign go insane and die within less than a second without moving or performing any action.

Do I sense an At least High 2-A, possibly 1-A? (The first of its kind, I think, and much, much more concrete than Q's potential High Complex Multiversal, Hyperversal or High Hyperversal powers, which rely on assumption, whereas this is explicitly stated by characters and the story)

Edit: A Low 1-C rating has been agreed upon.

I'll go ahead and make the profile just as soon as I get the go ahead from a couple more people. I, for one, also think that sounds reasonable.

I would not consider Nagilum 1-A. There are many beings with similar descriptions who we do not rank as anything remotely close. It was portrayed as a relatively standard higher metaphysical entity, for the most part.

At least High 2-A is solid, though.

Should also be noted that the statement of lack of dimensions probably refers to physical dimensions (Length, height and width), since those, coupled with a lack of mass, would reasonably fit with Data's statement that the realm shouldn't exist at all.

It exists in a realm outside of space, time and subspace though, so at very least it should be one level higher than Q (possibly Low 1-C) Also, it did not understand the concept of a linear existence, implying that it existed outside of time as well.

Back