• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sailor moon star seed downgrade

You keep highlighting them being possibilities as an argument for them being concepts, I’m not taking what you say out of context, how about make a better argument for star seeds being concepts in the first place.

This is absolutely ridiculous. How are you a thread moderator? Actually address my arguments instead of pulling out strawmen.

He did. You're entire argument for abstract concepts hinges on a singular mention of possibilities and the supposed impossibility of Star seeds being physical because of them being held in the "heart".

You act like fictional franchises somehow can’t have something abstract be held when things like FMA have a philosopher stone be comprised of souls and yet its physical. It being a concrete object means jackshit here, so again make a better argument than just repeating the same point.

Lmao. So star seeds are physical and concrete because "anything can happen in fiction". That argument goes both ways. Anything can happen in fiction, so they're abstract.

Do you have any actual evidence that they're not abstract? That they're made of matter?

I have shown that star seeds:
  • pre-date existence
  • pre-date matter
  • are stored within the heart, an abstract notion
  • give form to non-physical phenomena
  • are referred to as possibilities, an abstract notion
  • are stored within non-physical beings
And your argument against that is, "it's fiction anything can happen?" That's an extremely weak argument.

Here we have characters contrasting the physical nature of their bodies to star seeds*. This comparison would make zero sense if star seeds were physical. Star seeds are like soul, mind, heart. They are metaphysical aspect of person. Trying to argue that star seeds are physical is a silly notion that any sailor moon fan or reader would disagree with it.

Sailor crystals are type of star seed*

Lmao. Wonderful.

So it doesn't matter that star seeds fit ALL the requirements for Type 1 Concepts, but because the source material doesn't hand hold the audience and explain all it's mechanics like it's in kindergarten, this previously accepted ability goes away? It's not enough to compare star seeds to metaphysical aspects like the soul or heart, or contrast them to stand against the physicality of bodies?, No because, a character doesn't look into the camera and say, "they're abstract"...

Anyways, Information Type 2 will be staying. I have posted enough evidence showing it fits the very simple definition of "fundamental building blocks of reality". No where on the information page says, it has to be abstract. Denying that would just be blatant dishonesty.

you got any scans to prove that they are concepts? Saying they are without proving it isn't helping your case when one of my biggest gripes with your own blog is the scans are almost nonexistent with explaining most of the star seeds properties.
You don't need to prove that they are concepts, as totally ass backward as that seems, Bastard!! has CM1 by more or less the same reason sailor moon has, there are far more verses, but my memory is foggy AOF.

You don't need to prove that they are concepts, as totally ass backward as that seems, Bastard!! has CM1 by more or less the same reason sailor moon has, there are far more verses, but my memory is foggy AOF.
Let not bring up other verses here, but anyway since you already do it, then we can take a look at Bastard!! blog, which from what the blog itself present, have far better statements and more backed up evidences for its arguments compare to the lackluster Sailor Moon blog that barely have scan and far less statements. Sure, from the surface they look somewhat similar, but that it

Let not bring up other verses here, but anyway since you already do it, then we can take a look at Bastard!! blog, which from what the blog itself present, have far better statements and more backed up evidences for its arguments compare to the lackluster Sailor Moon blog that barely have scan and far less statements. Sure, from the surface they look somewhat similar, but that it
No it isn't, there are proofs of them being abstract, and being trascendental over the universe, but not about them being concepts themself. Meanwhile sailor moon has far more evidence about it being conceptual, like affecting people all across time, and governing absolutely everything, along with giving them meaning in an abstract way.

Meanwhile sailor moon has far more evidence about it being conceptual, like affecting people all across time, and governing absolutely everything, along with giving them meaning in an abstract way.
Can you give actual evidences for this, because i'm also the one who read the manga, and aside from one or two scans about Starseed being possibilities and are the reason for...well, its owner power, that it. As Planck have said, thing that governing other isn't absolutely must be abstract, let along concept

I think there should be metaphysical aspect types for aspects like this that don't necessarily fit into the concept, soul, or other current wiki categories.
There was a plan from someone to make Essence Manipulation page, but no one care and it got drown in the river of history. There are many verse that could fit this power, but well........

Can you give actual evidences for this, because i'm also the one who read the manga, and aside from one or two scans about Starseed being possibilities and are the reason for...well, its owner power, that it. As Planck have said, thing that governing other isn't absolutely must be abstract, let along concept
I think it’s this maybe
Star seeds are one's identities and contain everything an identity is. The general effect of losing one's star seed is to be erased from existence

There was a plan from someone to make Essence Manipulation page, but no one care and it got drown in the river of history. There are many verse that could fit this power, but well........
It seems to be the most logical thing to do,

These star seeds probably should be verse equalised to type 3 concepts, but a dedicated ability tied to these unique cases (that are fairly common) would stop these kinds of threads from happening.

@Livinmeme if that’s the same reasoning for Bastard!! Then the verse shouldn’t have concept hax either so stop with the whataboutisms, if you have any actual evidence to provide that they’re concepts by all means prove it.

@Iamunanimousinthat Can you actually make an argument instead of throwing strawman accusations on me and quoting the ability pages with no evidence to back it up for sailor moon? If this is seriously all you have then this stuff is gonna get nuked.

The first scan is just using star seed as power source for Sailor Animamate to work

The second scan is talking about without her sailor crystal, she would not be a sailor guardian, because sailor crystal, which is a star seed gave her sailor power, cause each sailor guardian have their own personal sailor crystal which power based on the planets they represent. It is also an answer to why Sailor Animamate works cause, sailor crystal is star seed and is power source of sailor guardian.

The third scan is no, they still somewhat live, just their body fade away, kinda similar to how a person lost their body but still live as a soul. You could say that their existence depend on the starseed, they can only be erased if their starseed is destroyed which could potentially the biggest argument for concept thing, but again your existence could depending on a lot of thing and they aren't neccessary abstract let alone concept.

Well, you could argue starseed to be conceptual, but information type 2 is a big no

if that’s the same reasoning for Bastard!! Then the verse shouldn’t have concept hax either so stop with the whataboutisms, if you have any actual evidence to provide that they’re concepts by all means prove it.
A. Op has already proved that sailor moon does, infact, check almost every single box to qualify for conceptual
B. I am just saying that there is precendence of similar cases happening, and being accepted, for something similar. Yet something more solid being disqualified by such silly reasons would be massively hypocritical.

@Iamunanimousinthat Can you actually make an argument instead of throwing strawman accusations on me and quoting the ability pages with no evidence to back it up for sailor moon? If this is seriously all you have then this stuff is gonna get nuked.
What are you yapping about now? I have posted nothing but scans and explanations and arguments. You didn't buy it. So don't go accusing me of providing no evidence because that's not true.

Anyways, for Information Type 2. The wiki defines information as the fundamental building block of reality.

I have already given enough scans that show that star seeds are the source of everything stars, planets, people, living things, etc. They are birthed from the cauldron where everything is born from and everything goes to die.

Sailor Galaxia can manipulate star seeds to recreate altered versions of the senshi. Meaning she's manipulating the fundamental building blocks of reality. Aka Type 2 information manipulation.

Accept it or don't. I'm not saying anything more.

The third scan is no, they still somewhat live, just their body fade away, kinda similar to how a person lost their body but still live as a soul.
They specifically say they're dead. They can be regenerated with their star seeds.

It's not like a soul because, souls can still be conscious without their body and have access to their powers. The star seeds are independent as we can see the Sailor Animamates take them and use them for their own with no pushback or resistance.

I think there should be metaphysical aspect types for aspects like this that don't necessarily fit into the concept, soul, or other current wiki categories.
Ironically I tried for this, and it was rejected as I was told that it fits information manipulation better. How times have changed!

If this is accepted then high godly regen would also be removed
To be more specific, High Godly is regeneration from a fundamental aspect. This thread will simply remove Star Seeds from being indexed as CM1 and IM2 but that doesn't change the fact that star seeds are still fundamental aspects.

Also, Sailor Moon characters regenerated from History erasure as well.

Back