• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
They both wear masks and have family issues, so why not?

Yokai/Callaghan starts with the microbots activated.

Yokai's microbots have 9-A durability, and speed is equalized.

Who wins and why?

Star-Lord: 1

Yokai: 7

Inconclusive:

One shot from Star-Lord will absolutely annihilate Callaghan by himself. Unfortunately, it's getting that shot off that will be the trickiest thing for Peter, because as soon as he tries to get a shot off, Yokai's microbots will be right on top of him. If he manages to get a shot off, the microbots would instantly react and block the shot. It may vaporize some of the microbots, but it would be nowhere near enough to stop them. And his jet boots are nowhere near strong enough to get away before the microbots are on him. The most likely thing that is going to happen here is that Star-Lord is gonna get immediately restrained, and since he's gonna open with his pistols, he most likely won't be able to access his other weapons until it's too late. And after that, well, he will most likely be at his mercy.

I'm not putting Star-Lord down by any means. However, he has never had to deal with this kind of enemy, and at his peak, Yokai is a very merciless villain that won't even give Peter a chance before he strikes him down with his microbots. So, voting Yokai with low difficulty.

Winner: Yokai

I'm not sure Yokai has anything to support his nanobots being 9-A. Tearing apart cars is 9-B at best, and Baymax's feats are uncalced.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I'm not sure Yokai has anything to support his nanobots being 9-A. Tearing apart cars is 9-B at best, and Baymax's feats are uncalced.
If you believe this is the case, you can always make a CRT.

I've looked through the movie and judging by the feats I highly doubt any of it is 9-A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TaAXEIqBjA

(Just keep pressing the right arrow key to skim through it.)

Star-Lord's instinct in the neutral would probably be to fire numerous shots. Assuming Yokai is standing still on the ground in the neutral, his first instinct would be to put up a barrier of nanobots to protect himself.

The energy from the initial shots would disperse upon impact and put a large hole through Yokai's microbot barrier, which would catch him off guard, and he wouldn't have time to react to the following shots and reinforce the barrier, so he'd get hit.

Peter's Gravity Mines and Plasma Spheres should also be able to nullify huge chunks of Yokai's microbots as well.

All in all I'd say Peter would take it 6/10.

Votes counted

@AN why not make a CRT or even a calc of some of the big hero 6 feats, so we can sort out this AP issue?

Well now that BH6 has a calc

Star-Lord is 291 megajoules

Yokai is 366 megajoules

So Quill's guns won't be putting holes in his barriers, and considering how many microbots he has access to, I'd say Quill gets overwhelmed before he manages to get any hits on Callaghan himself.

Yay! My reasoning is valid again!

Yokai wins for AS' reasons, as well as my previous statement on the matter.

Back