• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stanley Parable tiring question

It seems to be eyeballed from the possible size of the game map.

Although I'm skeptical about the landscape with hills; iirc it's fake upon closer inspection.

I thought Low 7-B was from the Insanity Ending, where part of a city is shown?

8-B's there because we know at minimum that huge building was made, likely Low 7-B's there because it's implied that there's a city too, but we don't fully see it.

Agnaa said:
I thought Low 7-B was from the Insanity Ending, where part of a city is shown?
Surprisingly, that's not brought up on the page.

Agnaa said:
8-B's there because we know at minimum that huge building was made, likely Low 7-B's there because it's implied that there's a city too, but we don't fully see it.
Out of curiosity, where was it stated that the narrator made the building himself?

I'm not sure when/if that was ever stated. I know that there's times when the building was warped, but many of those weren't implied to have been done by the Narrator (they're either not acknowledged, or he's confused about them).

I'm not an expert so you should probably call a knowledgeable member in.

I'm not an expert either, but its made pretty clear that he created everything in the game. In several paths, when travelling to areas that you "weren't supposed to see", the Narrator says that he hadn't finished building those parts yet. There's also the factor that he definitely made the entire story of the game, as he states on several paths, and that the layout is perfectly designed with his story in mind. The first point alone is confirmation enough, but if just one mention of creating the office wasn't enough, it's heavily implied in every single other path (at least, pretty much every path).

Yeah, I don't doubt it, I was mostly just hoping for scans to link on the profile to make it clear so that we don't get more threads like this.

Yeah, that's probably for the best. I don't remember exactly which path it was, but in one of the paths the Narrator says something along the lines of "You see this? There's nothing here. I haven't even finished building this place, because you were never supposed to be here in the first place." He says this when you go "out of bounds" by disobeying him enough that you stray out into areas of the building he never programmed. If there's a clip of him saying that online somewhere, it should be added to the profile to clarify on this issue.

DarkGrath said:
Yeah, that's probably for the best. I don't remember exactly which path it was, but in one of the paths the Narrator says something along the lines of "You see this? There's nothing here. I haven't even finished building this place, because you were never supposed to be here in the first place." He says this when you go "out of bounds" by disobeying him enough that you stray out into areas of the building he never programmed. If there's a clip of him saying that online somewhere, it should be added to the profile to clarify on this issue.
That's from the blue door ending.

Thank you, Agnaa. That was the one I was looking for. Should someone add that link to the Narrator's profile?

Actually, now that I think about it, The Narrator should just be Unknow.

We know that it's over time due to the orange area being unfinished, so we can't just assume that the rest of the game was created at once.

That seems to be moreso down to the time it takes to design the areas rather than the time or effort it takes to create them. He even says that the area was not made because "you were never supposed to be there in the first place".

Even so, I think I can actually agree with an Unknown rating. The current tiering is based on size estimations that are... difficult to quantify. Things like the hills are quite potentially non-existent entirely, considering the narrative, so the estimate could be far lower than it has been envisioned. But considering that he created the whole game world, it could be reasoned that he also created the sun in the sky, which would lead to a massive upgrade. The size of the game world he created is left very vague, seemingly almost intentionally so, and so the current estimates used seem like an arbitrary number. I would defend putting his tier at "Unknown", or if we want to put any proper tier on him at all, I think "At least 'insert lowest possible estimate for the size of the game world', possibly far higher" is about as reasonable as we can get.

The Unknown rating sounds ideal, yes.

Although, wouldn't the Narrator creating/having control over everything be contradicted in the ending where the other narrator steps in?

The tier hasn't been changed yet. Can someone unlock the page so I can apply the changes?

Back