• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Standard Format for Verse-Specific P&As Proposal

I made these pages a while back. Since this is about Verse-Specific P&A pages, I was wondering if they'd be useful as far as a "suggested format" goes.

Though, as has been expressed before, this should be an optional thing. Less of a requirement, more like a guideline

I'd think one for physiology pages, then another one for manipulating exotic elements (think stuff like this), and another one for techniques/martial arts (like this) would be best, of course there will be cases that overlap these "categories", but I'm mainly proposing the idea first so there's some slightly more elaborate use of a suggested format if deemed fine, otherwise we should focus on the physiology stuff as over half of the current verse-specific P&As on the site are of that kind (frankly they should get their own category, but that was declined when I asked).

Would it be fine to work on basically a general template for them that users can just go differently from if desired? That way it'd be possible to standarize this stuff while also avoiding the previous concerns of having to reformat basically every single current verse-specific P&A
If it is optional/not mandatory that is probably fine, but we mainly just need a page that explains what a "Verse-specific Powers and Abilities" page is, how it should loosely be set up, including adding two standard categories at the bottom (one "Verse-specific Powers and Abilities" category and one for the relevant verse), and that these should be turned into regular pages, not blog posts, before they are linked to in powers and abilities sections.
So are any of our members here willing to help out with this, or should we close this thread?

It looks like a decent draft, but a mandatory "Users" section does not seem to fit with our current verse-specific powers and abilities pages.

Yeah, that's why the following was added:

The following is a basic template to act as a baseline idea of how a page of this sort could be structured, but users are free to go differently as long they respect general wiki-wide grammar and formatting standards.

As you know, in lack of previous formatting standards, currently Verse-Specific Powers and Abilities page vary wildly in terms of layouts, so this is merely a basic template to help users structure new ones, so this is the best way to go about it unless we'd be willing to reformat every single current one to a set standard.

Okay. That is good then, but I still think that a "Users" section may be redundant. 🙏

Would you prefer if that was just changed to "Examples", so only some notable cases are listed for further clarification, while also making a category per respective Verse-Specific Power and Ability? That way it'd minimize redundancy while retaining a manner to easily look for the users of a respective Verse-Specific P&A.

So is Bobsican's draft page acceptable as it is, or does it need a partial rewrite? And if so, is somebody here willing to help out with it please? 🙏

Back