• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's accepted as that on the profile. If you have a problem with it, make a CRT. The Sword is meant to protect people from death, as you even said. I don't see why that's not valid.

Going by this sword's profile... isn't is dependent on the user how good it is? Squirrel's own page doesn't say 2-A with it, and the sword's profile ostensibly has it fluctuate wildly. So I'm not sure that's the soundest of reasoning.

The sword possesses Sally so unless we're assuming weakens itself infinitely for this fight, I'm not sure why it'd not be 2-A. Its normal powers affect 2-As irregardless.

ShakeResounding said:
Varies physically, consistently affects 2-As with it's powers though. Like several
Right, but that's still just a 4-D scale. Like I accept it can affect Arceus, I'm just not sure why that matters and conclusively tilts this conclusively in the squirrel's favor when Arceus shares a really long list of powers, including some that would help him survive, and apparently also has more methods to dish out instant win scenarios. Just not sure I follow the votes for Sally whereas I can see some of the ideas behind Arceus.

Long list of powers means nothing, or else Uberhero would be god tier. Which ones are helping him survive? Mid-Low Regen isn't helping against 2-A stuff, Arceus has absolutely no reliant immortalities, etc. Sally's is as simple as paralysis and gets dogged on from there for reasons listed.

Sure, but I guess my point is more that not everything Squirrel does would kill guaranteed, whereas seemingly everything Arceus does would kill guaranteed. Going purely based on percentage of moves that rinse, Arceus is in the lead.

Also... that's not really how it works? Even assuming a 2-A attack (which isn't the case, it affecting 2-As isn't the same af having constant 2-A AP, the profile itself acknowledges this), Arceus just has apparently instant abilities to deal with the threat long before any possibly 2-A slice takes effect.

What do you mean it's not guaranteed? The point was that she leads with the paralysis, which we have no reason to assume wouldn't affect Arceus. Arceus being in a similar state beforehand literally just tried to break out. Him having more options doesn't mean he'll use them competently or even seriously.

No, the sword varies based on the proficiency of how someone uses it. Unless you're telling me the sword itself efficient than Mogul, then it'd be 2-A. Even then, we weren't arguing a win via AP to begin with. The argument was he gets drains and nulled. If anything, slashing would not be infinitely superior in AP, he'd be getting on a Type 2 conceptual level and get bodied. She can already do other options at a range, she'd have no reason to go up and slash Arceus to put her in that situation (implying the Fate Manip can't handle it of course).

What do you mean it's not guaranteed? The point was that she leads with the paralysis, which we have no reason to assume wouldn't affect Arceus.
Sure, but bodily paralysis doesn't stop thought based effects, that's why it isn't really good. The scan link seems to imply he was just rendered immobile. Which is why I don't think the sword is as useful as one might think? That's my point about not being guaranteed. Arceus' instant stuff is a guaranteed wincon. Or, at least a lot of it is.

No, the sword varies based on the proficiency of how someone uses it. Unless you're telling me the sword itself efficient than Mogul, then it'd be 2-A.
You and the profile are saying two different things. So I go with the profile. The profile says this Sally character is a Low 2-C and acknowledges the sword's AP fluctuates. That's what I'm going with.

Even then, we weren't arguing a win via AP to begin with. The argument was he gets drains and nulled. If anything, slashing would not be infinitely superior in AP, he'd be getting on a Type 2 conceptual level and get bodied. She can already do other options at a range, she'd have no reason to go up and slash Arceus to put her in that situation (implying the Fate Manip can't handle it of course).
Of course, I'm aware, but you did bring up AP so I figured I'd nip the faulty argument in the bud. My point is that your stated win-con of paralysis then whatever, isn't as valid as an instant on Arceus' side, and the only mitigating factor you offer on this front is "well how do we know he'll use them competently". That seems flimsy against a character who apparently created the concept of knowledge (not familiar with Pokemon or Sonic so if that's not applicable my b I guess, just going based on the profile).

So I do stick by my vote for Arceus, I just think the votes for Sally sort of ignore some things. Just my feeling, personally.

The paralysis isn't just the body. Otherwise, Enerjak would've done any of his thought-based hax. We're talking about a guy that can think people out of existence or turn them into quarks with his mind alone. If he's rendered incapable of doing such, so is Arceus.

So when Sally induces paralysis, it's over.

Shake replied to paralysis stuff so irrelevant.

The profile just notes it's dependent on the wielder, it says nothing about Sally being Low 2-C just with the sword. The sword itself has 2-A capabilities, which would scale to Sally for the fact the sword is possessing her. Again, why would the sword infinitely weaken itself?

I brought up AP but it wasn't the wincon. No, it's not "well how do we know he'll use them competently", I said he doesn't do such thing in the example I posted. A wall of hax is irrelevant if you can't use it properly, that's basic logic. Concept of knowledge stuff is only for Pokemon, I don't think that even applies properly to crossverse.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Can I get a brief summery of the arguments? Hardly know each characters feats, so.
For Sally:

Sally uses paralysis to completely halt both and action as it did with Enerjak, as he was unable to use thought-based actions when he was frozem in place. After that it's power drain gg, but also has passive Power Null/Statistics Reduction alongside Fate Manipulation to help avoid death.

For Arceus:

He has plenty of things that can kill Sally before she can do anything, I think. There are no specifics that I can remember, and a Pokemon supporter should likely talk about this

That's an assumption though. We assume Enerjak or whatever would have used abilities. But we have confirmation he reacted post-paralysis via the little text bubble. He reacted, he was just stunned. So I do stick by my vote.

Also I think ignoring the intelligence feat is a bit... well stupid, isn't it? Saying it's only smart in Pokemon seems like a cheap reason to ignore a feat. The page lists his intelligence as really high, ergo I'm not just going to assume he's stupid.

Furthermore, even in a world of two instant effects, something like spacetime erasure vs paralysis... one is clearly more of a win than the other.

He made a grunting noise. Somebody can do that while knocked unconscious or being unaware of what's happening and isn't a very reliable way of trying to debunk that. You yourself admitted you have no idea about Sonic, so think about it this way. Why would Enerjak let himself get drained of his powers when his entire goal was to keep the world under his command? That's nonsensical.

Also why are we assuming Arceus is gonna lead with a Space-Time Nuke? Was that an example? What is Arceus even going to lead with? We're just saying "Arceus can do this and that", but what is he going to lead with?

It prevented two characters who wouldn't feel a lick of pain from hitting the ground from dying from it.

In other news the Dragon Balls kept Beerus from getting shot by a normal pistol.

See my point?

Tfw this is the same verse where people thought Sally would die from a fall and that was an entire storyline and a motorcycle knocked out Mogul.

Not sure what relevancy Dragon Balls have here, especially when your example isn't coherent. Again, make a CRT if you disagree.

Does it have any other notable showings for the fate manip or are we just left with "prevented two creatures from falling"?

Well I am back to reinforce (or recast whatever) my vote on Arceus FRA and FRB.

In particular what Bambu says is pretty much what I'd say: a space-time erasure and a thick hax-wall are more reliable victory moves than well... paralysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back