• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob´s Magic Book and its description

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
Oh yeah, I forgot to actually do the CRT for this before editing

Let´s start, shall we?

As we can see here, it was concluded that the ratings for the Magic Book were best set as "Unknown" as the past 2-C rating was just too questionable and variable.

But as the page appears to cap it to 3-C, I think it should be fair to edit the explanations for its stats clearing that it could be from 3-C to 2-C, like here

Thoughts?

This could potentially also change the tier rating from "Unknown" to "Unknown, likely 3-C or 2-C"

I never said it had to

What I´m saying is that I think the description has to be updated to reflect the low-end and high-end of it

But give actual reasons why it'd be 3-C...

And again, 2-C is invalid, so it won't be on the profile.

Well, first I have to question, why it has a "likely 3-C" in range? I actually oppose that part

And second, 2-C may be invalid, but it´s still a possibility, as after rethinking it, your argument of "reality =/= universe or multiverse", well, as the movie was before those events, we can already see Spongebob and Plankton time traveling, meaning that it could get to be Low 2-C at the very least.

"erase reality as we know it"

Erasing a reality, which per context translates to universe here, would translate to Low 2-C

It's assumed to have 3-C range because Bubbles sees it as a threat, which may actually be inaccurate. Regardless, range doesn't equate to AP. Stop taking me in circles, Bob. It's annoying.

Time Traveling isn't Low 2-C. Stop wanking.

The wording was "reality as we know it will cease to exist". That can be interpreted as "it'll erase the all of space-time" or "it can warp our world beyond recognition", the latter is more supported by context.

Bobsican said:
How exactly the latter is supported by context, once again?
If they wanted to imply reality being destroyed, they would've shown stuff like distortions or the fabric of reality beginning to tear apart. Instead they just show objects being altered, which makes the conclusion of reality being warped beyond recognition more reasonable.

Because the actual context of the game is that the Book is warping reality to "make weird things happen". No where is it implied that the Book is gonna cause the universe to blow up or whatever wanked interpretation you're going by.

"Reality" in this context refers to the world as they know it or the state of things as they actually exist as opposed to idealistic or fictional things. The reason why the Book would've made "reality as we know it cease to exist" is because it'd warp their world beyond recognition, not because it'd blow up the universe (which isn't supported by anything).

Are we going to ignore the part where Bubbles says that he´s going to seal the book to "Another dimension" and Spongebob making by accident a pocket reality in his mind?

Fair enought

Oh yeah, I almost forgot

As the implication of the Book being tier 2 is still an hypothetical possibility, shouldn´t that be mentioned in the AP description or something like that?

Why not?

It´s the reason why the book is still at an "Unknown" rating than an actual tier as far I´m aware.

Note how Bubbles used the term "erase" than "change"

This means that the one of it being tier 2 in context is more reasonable

Yes, it's Unknown because it has no valid feats of raw power. The invalidated feats shouldn't be listed for obvious reasons.

Sonic "hypothetically" has Immeasurable speed because he had traveled through time via raw speed, but was done via Time Warp Plates, thus isn't a valid feat, thus it isn't listed on the profile.

Genericstickman said:
Doesn't warping reality already give you a tier?
Unless done on a quantifiable scale, no. There are characters who have warped the multiverse in their image, and thus are 2-A. The Book warped reality to an unknown degree, and is thus unknown.

Oops, sorry, I misremembered.

If it´s fine as it is, this thread can be closed now

Yes. The context of "reality" in this specific instance doesn't correlate to the context of "reality" for other Verses.

You don't need to make a thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back