• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spoiler Thread: My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising

GoCommitDi said:
Gonna see the movie tomorrow, really hoping to god there's a lightning dodging feat or 2
There isn't.

And I'm pretty sure Nine creates the thunderstorm himself.

The closest to lightning being dodged was Nine absorbs lightning and then makes his lightning into his purple lasers. Nine then before the final hit amps himself with lightning. Both can be argued and both are only dodged/react to 100% Deku and Bakugo and that's it.

Phantom Falcon said:
And what makes it environmental destruction specifically?
It's just Weather Manipulation, and he can't use that storm to attack anyone directly because the energy is too spread.

Never mind about that storm picture I leaked bros. It was a vision of what Nine WANTED to make the world, not how big the actual storm that he made was. Crisis averted.

In other news, I watched the movie. It was beautiful. I yelled a lot in happiness.

And yes, everyone in class 1-a is high 8-c. Absolutely. They were getting their asses kicked by Nine and getting back up every time, and Nine, even casually, was beating up Deku and Bakugo.

Jiro and Ojiro literally got slammed into a cliff side by Nine's dragons and crawled out to keep fighting him. Sero got a face full of laser, and Uraraka got dragged through the ground by a dragon, and only went down cause she had over used her quirk like hell already.

If the rest of the class don't scale to that, I don't know what else to say.

If those things are actually trees, this would be comparable to a F5 Tornado, which is 8-B (20 Tons of TNT).

The only thing that contradicts this is the next scene, in which the environment seems to be fine, though that could be an art mistake.

Nine seems to be too casual most of the time, somewhat like Saitama, I don't think anyone can scale from him like this.

Also, Deku stating that he doesn't need to use his full power against Nine, just keep attacking to force him to use his Quirk, makes me think that Bakugou shattering his barrier is just because of a weakness of Nine's Quirk, and not because the attack was stronger than anything they throw before.

St. Louis Smash

Deku said he used 20% and the part after the trees fly may have went to another animator so that's why it was fine

Also city block current 20% deku makes sense as he doesn't have the weakness of when he fist used 20%

Edit: finally a calc that shows 20% being large bulding level+ with a calc to back it up without upscaleing

Kingofwolves999 said:
Never mind about that storm picture I leaked bros. It was a vision of what Nine WANTED to make the world, not how big the actual storm that he made was. Crisis averted.

In other news, I watched the movie. It was beautiful. I yelled a lot in happiness.

And yes, everyone in class 1-a is high 8-c. Absolutely. They were getting their asses kicked by Nine and getting back up every time, and Nine, even casually, was beating up Deku and Bakugo.

Jiro and Ojiro literally got slammed into a cliff side by Nine's dragons and crawled out to keep fighting him. Sero got a face full of laser, and Uraraka got dragged through the ground by a dragon, and only went down cause she had over used her quirk like hell already.

If the rest of the class don't scale to that, I don't know what else to say.
imo, the fact that some of them managed to keep on going after tanking hits from Nine means they shouldn't be massively below him in power output. but that's just me.

I made a mistake with Overhaul's durability, he is 6.38 tons at most (At most because his subordinate barely survived that attack) which would make him High 8-C, and not High 8-C+ (6.5 tons).

also nine's storm feats were calc'd by someone to be in the gigaton range. and I do think they should scale to other characters, or at minimum the top tiers. he condensed his 2nd storm to only the island and made a tornado out of it to attack everyone, and they managed to tank it and get right back up. so like I said, I personally believe it at least somewhat scales. not fully, but somewhat.

but that's just me

That's still a really small difference since even if Overhaul was like 5 tons truly it's only a 30% difference. Also Nemoto took arguably even more blows from Mirio than Overhaul so he didn't barely survive he took a lot of a High 8C and was able to wake up and move a couple minutes later.

Overhaul is still scaling from someone who barely survived the attack, there's no way he can completely scale from it, and even if he was, it would be still 6.38 tons.

Also, are you people seriously suggesting Uraraka is now on 8% level? She couldn't even be stronger than base Deku. Nine holding back makes way more sense, and the fact he was casual most of the time makes him difficult to scale from.

That dog chicken man needs clacs done like melting shoutos ice and Dettroying that waterfall and forust

Still though Ocerhaul took an attack from 8% Deku and multiple from Mirio and was still going. Plus even if we say he's 2 tons, that plus Nemoto's durability (who he should scale above) would make him like 5 tons.

Yes, both are scaling from Tengai, who barely survived the 3.19 tons attack.

Overhaul scales above Tengai who barely survived it, Mirio can visibly damage Overhaul with his punches and Tengai can withstand a barrage of attacks from him. Let's even say they're both 2.29 tons and could barely survive 3.19 tons in base, fused OH would still just be 40% weaker than 20% Deku which seems way too small for the damage Deku was doing to him.

What you say makes sense, but that still would only make him plain High 8-C+ according to our standards, like how one-shotting a Tier+ character would just make you baseline of the next Tier.

The students should be baseline high 8-c at this point. You can't seriously expect me to believe that Nine went easier on any of them than he did Deku and Bakugo. Uraraka and Jirou would have instantly died from the attacks they took if they were still only small building level, especially after nearly a year of non stop training. Shouji quite literally tanked more lasers than Deku or Bakugo, and still tried to hold Nine off.

Unless Nine for some reason decided to hold back more on the other students, but not on Deku and Bakugo, who weren't even the most problematic ones at that point, then I don't see how they can't partially scale. EVERYONE was below Nine while he was holding back, but not to the point that he one shot them all with no frame of reference for his AP.

Nine didn't even one-shot basw Deku and Bakugou when he powered up to 6-C, he was clearly holding back the whole time for plot reasons.

Uraraka and Jirou are literally average students, they being High 8-C would be nothing more than an outlier, they having durability comparable to Kirishima's Red Riot Unbreakable or 8% Deku makes no sense, and they cannot be stronger than base Deku as he trains way more than them.

How canon is the movie, anyways? I wouldn't mind a Movie profile for OFA Bakugou.

"My Hero Academia: Definitely Not Tier 8."

Quite a good movie, honestly.

It's canon, it has multiple mentions in the manga.

Nezu talking to Aizawa about the Public Safety Commission's project in the manga, which is revealed to be the students going to Nabu Island.

Nine appearing in the manga during Shigaraki's speech.

The doctor telling the LoV to deliver something in the manga, which we see happen in the movie.

They were even two special manga chapters that showed Nine's backstory.

Well shit, Bakugou's getting a One For All key, isn't he? That's... going to be pretty ******* powerful.

Saw it yesterday.

Honestly, I kinda wish the other UA kids would get a little more spotlight.

HAVING SAID THAT, the fight at the end was ******* epic. Lots of entertaining character interactions also.

He didn't keep the power and only had it for a few minutes. Is that enough to warrant a new key?

Wait I heard that Bakugou loses his memory of using OFA during the movie, is that true or fake?

Back