• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spoiler Thread: My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising

It should be fine to give him a key. Just cause he can't do it again doesn't mean we can't speculate on how he would fight at that level of strength, nor that it didn't happen.

Also I slowed down the 20% Smash footage and those green things where trees since you could see the trunk and the sticks of them and when they where launched they were comparable to the size of the trees on the ground. Don't know if this changes anything guessing it doesn't .

Temporary power gains can qualify for keys. Can someone get scans of the events being canon? That way we can add it to the main profile.

We can't add anything from the movie till the blu-ray comes out... wasn't that the plan here?

I'll get the scans.

TheRustyOne said:
We can't add anything from the movie till the blu-ray comes out... wasn't that the plan here?

I'll get the scans.
We can add things from the official video since they're official and in high quality so there's nothing wrong with adding them. Things like 100% Bakugo and stuff though can't be added unless fun funimation or something gives us the official videos of him.

@Kingofwolves; that quote is a bit misleading since the separate chapters weren't written by Horikoshi.

Alright, we need the feats calced, then. It can be added to the main profile.

Bakugou doesn't really gain much besides big dick AP amps and speed amps though.

5A1D2330-27D7-4F2F-A288-58E6D9B5EC18
D2F141E5-81C6-49AC-864C-A00A573AB03E
Here are the scans about why 1-a was at Nabu. First one is them talking about the interns (w/ Endeavor, etc.), second one, in the bottom right, Nezu is informing Aizawa about the "other" thing 1-a is doing.

No, One For All can definitely be stolen as Nine just proved right there. The only reason Nine failed was because he had a limit on the number of Quirks he could take.

So if you're going to be treating the film as canon then Izuku needs to lose his Resistance to Power Absorption.

The predecessors clearly also had a hand in that. They showed up right as Nine was trying to steal it, I highly doubt that it was just visual. He rationalized that he couldn't steal it because of the other quirks contained inside, but to say the holders didn't have a hand in protecting the quirk, especially when there's no way AFO didn't try stealing the quirk back, is quite the claim.

He doesn't know how OFA works he just assuming that that's the only reason he can't steal it. Didn't All Might say you can't forcibly take OFA ? I think this just shows how it can't be taken rather than saying it can be stolen.

I believe he couldn't take it was not because he was at his limit, but because OFA's predecessors made it larger/more difficult than a single quirk due to going through multiple people. Smth like that. (He was aiming to take the Cell quirk, so obviously he had one spot remaining.)

The doctor himself is literally building Shigaraki to be able to take OFA, that's one of the biggest upgrades he's getting from this surgery.

> The predecessors clearly also had a hand in that. They showed up right as Nine was trying to steal it, I highly doubt that it was just visual.

They showed up because it is a visual of Izuku possessing multiple Quirks instead of just one.

> Didn't All Might say you can't forcibly take OFA ?

Only in the context of trying to eat some of Izuku's DNA.

> (He was aiming to take the Cell quirk, so obviously he had one spot remaining.)

Yes, one spot meaning he couldn't steal One For All which is now made up of multiple Quirks.

I know, Damage. That's what I said - which would be power absorption resistance.

That's not Power Absoprtion Resistance. That's a weakness of Nine's part specifically.

Nine has All For One as a quirk. He was found compatible with his quirk gene, and therefore could get a lesser version of it, that allowed him to contain up to 8 more quirks.

Why would Nine be able to steal OFA with AFO's quirk, when AFO clearly couldn't do the same over 8 generations? Especially when so far, his quirk is shown inferior to AFO as he's literally dying and can't een hold more than 9 quirks.

Wouldn't OfA just go back to Deku anyway? Like it did with Bakugo at the end of the movie? Nine wouldn't even be able to keep it according to that, as the predecessors would just go back to Deku.

> Why would Nine be able to steal OFA with AFO's quirk, when AFO clearly couldn't do the same over 8 generations?

Because we literally saw him doing it. It doesn't what All For One could or couldn't do, especially when that all happened off-screen. We don't have a reason yet in the manga for why All For One couldn't take One For All.

> Wouldn't OfA just go back to Deku anyway? Like it did with Bakugo at the end of the movie? Nine wouldn't even be able to keep it according to that, as the predecessors would just go back to Deku.

We have no idea how that even worked. All Might said Bakugo lost consciosuness before the transfer was complete, and somehow One For All ended up back in Deku.

It's frankly just an asspull used by the writer's to ensure that Deku still had the Quirk by the end of the film.

The quirk is sentient, unlike literally every other quirk in existence. If it recognizes that it is not with the person it wants to be with, it will go back to that person. Even if Nine took it, which is dubious as the quirk can fight him by itself, it would just rush back to Deku moments later.

I would prefer not to rely on head canon for this. We should just go by the explanation given in the film.

We saw him attempting to steal it, then immediately failing. He believed it was because he had no slots to contain all the quirks to hold OFA. We, as the viewer, can determine that it's because OFA can't be forcibly taken, even by AFO. Should Nine have soul Manipulation as well then? Because the souls in OFA very clearly do not want to leave Deku, and are conscious of what is happening to him. How would Nine be able to steal a quirk that is literally fighting him?

The explanation was given from Nine's perspective.

Nine knows absolutely nothing about One for All. All he knows is that Deku has the potential to have multiple quirks. He thus rationalized he couldn't take all of them, despite them all actually being just parts of the same quirk.

> How would Nine be able to steal a quirk that is literally fighting him?

This is another head canon. The Quirk never fought him.

Also, One For All isn't confirmed to literally contain their souls.

The quirk is confirmed sentient, and that alone gives it the ability to fight back from someone trying to affect it. There has never been another sentient quirk, so obviously Nine can't abide by the same rules as he normally does when trying to steal it. He doesn't know the origin of this quirk, or what it actually is. All he sees is that it has the potential of several different quirks, so he rationalized that he can't take it because of that.

I'll make an argument for Resistance in a moment. Can we work on getting calculations done?

AM himself said the quirk can't be forcibly stolen, and if it's only in reference to the DNA part and not AFO, which wouldn't make sense but let's go with that, then now we have even further understanding that taking it is not easy at all.

Deku doesn't want Nine to have the quirk, so even if he has a quirk to take quirks, why would OFA go to him? Why would a sentient quirk have a defense mechanism against being stolen from its normal way of passing down, but not a different way? Especially when that way was how it was created in the first place? Isn't the entire narrative purpose of OFA is that only it can combat AFO? Why would that narrative be pushed if AFO can steal it like any other quirk?

Back