• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spirit Sign "Massive Touhou Upgrades"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I don't even get what you're trying to argue here. You just keep quoting the plot and going "LOL" when I ask you for any sort of actual argument.

This thread is too important for me to let you act like a prick and derail it. I gave you a chance and you decided it would best be used to keep acting the same way. I have no patience for this anymore.

Excuse me, if you don't mind me asking: how is the progress of this CRT? Barring the person you warned, is there enough peps in agreement for this CRT to apply to 2hu profiles?

Personally, if you want to know, I am still in my stance of disagreeing with 2hu having Immunity Negation and Power Null, but I still agree with everything else in your CRT.

Man I don't even get what you're trying to argue here. You just keep quoting the plot and going "LOL" when I ask you for any sort of actual argument.
You just keep quoting headcannons tho. From your headcannon, Spirits didn't know that humans possess such properties(lol wut?).

This thread is too important for me to let you act like a prick and derail it. I gave you a chance and you decided it would best be used to keep acting the same way. I have no patience for this anymore.
Derailing? Where was it derailed.

Excuse me, if you don't mind me asking: how is the progress of this CRT? Barring the person you warned, is there enough peps in agreement for this CRT to apply to 2hu profiles?

Personally, if you want to know, I am still in my stance of disagreeing with 2hu having Immunity Negation and Power Null, but I still agree with everything else in your CRT.
Well I disagree. It's game mechanics and that's that. Everything else I got no problem

Only one staff has replied (Mav) and agreed with basically everything except immunity negation, which she was neutral on. I don't think a single staff agreement is enough to apply this given how significant it is, unfortunately. As of right now, immunity negation seems almost perfectly split between neutral, agree, and disagree, so we either need to get that decided on here or just apply everything else (which is generally agreed upon) and save it for another thread.

You just keep quoting headcannons tho. From your headcannon, Spirits didn't know that humans possess such properties(lol wut?).
Uh, why would they? They don't know any of their other abilities like specific spell cards, fantasy nature, or so on, so why would they know about immunity negation?

Derailing? Where was it derailed.
Using shit like Wikipedia and wiki sandboxes as sources, and just straight up refusing to actually address arguments and continually repeat the same points that have been debunked again and again.

Well I disagree. It's game mechanics and that's that. Everything else I got no problem
Remind me again how it's game mechanics when the characters explicitly reference it in-universe?

Remind me again how it's game mechanics when the characters explicitly reference it in-universe?
The entire walthrough (I think ) of the particular game, is on YouTube. Probably need some Admins or who to watch it and give their final judgement. I doubt you've even played it yourself but who knows

Uh, okay? I don't play bullet hells but I've also watched playthroughs and re-read the entire script and supplementary materials multiple times. I don't get why you're suggesting this. Hell, I even provided footage of a playthrough in the OP.

If you're suggesting there's a lack of in-verse mentions in WBaWC specifically, you'd technically be right. The canonicity of spirit/spirit power comes from UFO and SWR primarily, and not WBaWC. Thing is, all of these games are canon to each other, so the canonicity of spirit power carries over from those games to WBaWC anyways.

Lmao. Look at who's being toxic here
Telling you to stop being rude and to stop using one word responses to anyone opposing you, isn't toxicity. I'm asking you to stop showing others an attitude and making assumptions.

"I doubt you've played the games"
"Lol. Lmao"
"You have a long way to go"
"You're just trying to get things accepted"

That kind of attitude and mindset is harmful to the thread and to the overall community in general. Again, all I did was ask you to cool your jets.

Uh, okay? I don't play bullet hells but I've also watched playthroughs and re-read the entire script and supplementary materials multiple times. I don't get why you're suggesting this. Hell, I even provided footage of a playthrough in the OP.
Sure
If you're suggesting there's a lack of in-verse mentions in WBaWC specifically, you'd technically be right. The canonicity of spirit/spirit power comes from UFO and SWR primarily, and not WBaWC. Thing is, all of these games are canon to each other, so the canonicity of spirit power carries over from those games to WBaWC anyways.
In WNaWC its simply called stamina. Stinks of game mechanics

The entire story disagrees with you. If the cutscenes within the game cave credence to the fact humans have "special properties" beyond the fact that humans are just tangible enough to interact with Haniwa physical body, then I'll change my mind. The Spirits already explained why what they needed the humans for, and it's not for the reasons you gave

Game mechanics can't override the overarching plot. Hard disagree

In WNaWC its simply called stamina. Stinks of game mechanics
I... This is something else. First of all, WBaWC never calls anything stamina. Where are you getting that from. Secondly, why is the mere mention of stamina game mechanics? I'm just so utterly ******* baffled by this argument.

The entire story disagrees with you. If the cutscenes within the game cave credence to the fact humans have "special properties" beyond the fact that humans are just tangible enough to interact with Haniwa physical body, then I'll change my mind. The Spirits already explained why what they needed the humans for, and it's not for the reasons you gave
Okay?????? Yes, the beast spirits chose the humans for one specific purpose. Why does that prevent those humans from having other, unrelated abilities? What the **** are you even talking about????????????

Game mechanics can't override the overarching plot. Hard disagree
Spirit is canon.

The game mechanics page specifies that game mechanics are non-canon.

Therefore, spirit power can't be game mechanics, because that'd imply it's non-canon, which obviously isn't ******* true.

I literally cannot simplify this for you any further without insulting your intelligence. If you seriously call this shit game mechanics again without any explanation as to how it is game mechanics I'll just assume you're trolling and ask for a thread ban. This is getting ridiculous.

By doing so rudely.
I genuinely don't see how I was rude. Using colorful language?

Anyway, I must have missed it the first time I read through the thread, but if there are three separate example of immunity being bypassed, then I'm definitely leaning harder towards agreeing now. I initially thought there was only the one example from WBaWC.

I'm not changing my mind.
Then there's no point in continuing further if one side won't even acknowledge the arguments presented.

Enters a thread
Uses Wikipedia and wiki sandboxes as sources
Starts insulting users for no reason
Makes arguments that are literally incomprehensible
Repeats the same argument like 5 times in a row with 0 evidence
Refuses to elaborate

You of all people throwing around accusations of bad arguments has to be some kind of joke.

I genuinely don't see how I was rude. Using colorful language?
I also don't see how rude I was
Anyway, I must have missed it the first time I read through the thread, but if there are three separate example of immunity being bypassed, then I'm definitely leaning harder towards agreeing now. I initially thought there was only the one example from WBaWC.
I didn't miss anything and the argument he gives is not enough. For me, I disagree
Then there's no point in continuing further if one side won't even acknowledge the arguments presented.
Sure thing

Do you have a single argument for why it's game mechanics other than repeating 'its game mechanics' over and over again like you're a ******* parrot

I don't know whether normal vsbw members votes are counted, but I disagree. I'll take my leave from this thread then. No need to be here anymore

I don't know whether normal vsbw members votes are counted, but I disagree. I'll take my leave from this thread then. No need to be here anymore
Thank you very much for wasting my time, I truly do enjoy not sleeping so I can argue against utter nonsense for three hours straight.

Stamina. Entire story was about how she doesn't have a soul. And the entire reason a human was needed was to be able to physically interact with them. It's in the story, watch it again

unknown.png

"Stamina plus [paraphrasing the plot of the game]" is just. Why? What are you doing? This isn't an argument. This feels like I fed an AI every Touhou script and asked it to come up with a VS argument.

It's in the same game we're discussing here
That isn't an example of game mechanics. That's just saying "yeah I promise there's evidence for my points somewhere in there, not gonna show them though lol".

just add the stuff people agreed with and make a new thread for the iffy stuff you're pushing for otherwise this will never end

We have 1 staff agreement, and this is a massive verse-wide change. Just adding stuff based on a single agreement, especially when it comes to significant revisions, is bad practice imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back