• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinoirr's low 7-B bracket no more

Litentric Teon said:
Ummmmmm Shinsoo stomps most of the bracket here. Shinsoo does:

Madness Manipulation (Type 2)/Fear Manipulation (which can drive other regular humans mad and cause them to fall into despair)

Which is literally all of Bam's attacks, but because everyone that's past the second floor of the tower can resist that aspect of Shinsoo they are not affected.

Which means anybody that goes up against someone from Tower of God needs those resistances.

@Nico

That only applies to shinsoo produced by the floors, not the shinsoo used by the regulars/rankers themselves unless otherwise stated. Regular blasts of shinsoo have no such effects.

Litentric Teon said:
@Nico

That only applies to shinsoo produced by the floors, not the shinsoo used by the regulars/rankers themselves unless otherwise stated. Regular blasts of shinsoo have no such effects.
Uh Lero-Ro literally produced the Shinsoo wall that they had to bypass and imitated the concentration of Shinsoo on a regular that was the same concentration from the higher floors.

Which btw if the concentration of just the general atmosphere is that high then people on those floors are capable of MUCH higher concentrations with their attacks.

Uh Lero-Ro literally produced the Shinsoo wall that they had to bypass and imitated the concentration of Shinsoo on a regular that was the same concentration from the higher floors.

Which btw if the concentration of just the general atmosphere is that high then people on those floors are capable of MUCH higher concentrations with their attacks.

He's saying that the Shinsoo itself is different, not the amount of it.

@The God of Procrastination

I know however it's not based on the type of Shinsoo but the concentration of it as it was described in the comic.

@Nico

I'm incorrect then, my apologies. It just seems strange, then, as that logic has yet to be used in any other ToG matches. Surely, just as with reverse shinsoo flow, it would scale with how strong one's shinsoo is. But something like that hasn't happened since the first arc despite rankers being dramatically more powerful than regulars. Most abilities seem to scale with shinsoo resistance, so why is the fear/madness manipulation aspect of it an exception?

If I have to choose someone else, that's fine. But I'd simply like some clarification as there are certainly other characters with hax, such as time manipulation. And Baam's seems like it'll only work if it hits if this is indeed how shinsoo affects the mind when a regular or ranker hits an opponent with it.

I imagine it's because of the simple fact that once you've gone up to a certain point in the tower you've gained resistance to the concentration of Shinsoo to where the effect would be madness/fear.

Btw the reason I'm saying all this is because Baam was denied when I tried to add him for a different bracket for the exact same reason. Right here:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3897195

I see. I suppose I just, disagree. It's heavily implied to be a pure product of the environment, and shinsoo users have scarcely shown themselves to produce the same effects as the environment unless they have specific techniques to do so.

Because shinsoo tends to scale linearly in terms of how powerful one is, resistances should scale accordingly. Such as with reverse shinsoo flow. Where the more powerful one is, the more one can resist that flow of shinsoo.

It's certainly possible that there's a baseline level resistance to madness/fear manip, but the question is, why does such logic not apply to other shinsoo concentration related abilities like the molecular immobilization? It seems rather unlikely that it's an issue of consistency and more so that shinsoo produced by regulars doesn't have to work to do just that. But, I'll take a look at the chapter again. It's been a while since I've read season 1.

I think it's something that should be discussed among the knowledgeable members of the ToG verse.

If Baam turns out to not be allowed, then I'd suggest Lolikiano Mistream (limiting her stuff about Low 7-B), or KTACHAK (The Gamer) (Who hasn't been shown to use much absolute zero or its mind manip. It only has them as it was listed as skills).

Back