• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man vs Mysterio, But Peter is going to put some dirt on Beck's eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also reasons for tobey above

Yeah pretty sure Mysterio is a regular guy, while Toby is building level. It's an Ap stomp.

Raimi Spider sense givrs him omnidirectional space awareness for every "real thing" such as a fly. So, the spider sense should st least sense drones instead of giant mysterios. https://youtu.be/jM7Eou4bV-Q

In the first fight against Holland, Mysterio relied on illusions and slowly pushing him against the train

If this is true, (It's been a while since I watched the movie) Black Suit Spider-Man took a hit from a train head on while fighting Sandman if i remeber correctly.

Edit: Pizza Time

1. That was before prep was added.

2. Already addressed. It's never shown to see through illusions.

3. He was holding back against that version of Peter. Again, this was already addressed.

The Wright Way said:
1. That was before prep was added.
2. Already addressed. It's never shown to see through illusions.

3. He was holding back against that version of Peter. Again, this was already addressed.
1. What does an AP stomp and Spider-Sense have to do with Preptime, even with Preptime both will still apply.

2. Tom didn't see through most of his illusions during the entire movie. That's the entire plot of the movie, if he could see through them the movie would've been way different.

3. Who was holding back? I addressed two foes Sandman and Green Goblin. Sandman definittely tried to kill Spider-Man when knocking him to the train. And New Green Goblin tried to kill Peter Twice and lost both times. First because Spider-Man was more tacticle second because he over powered him.

Edit: Tobey even has preasure point strikes... whoa..

1. Because Mysterio has no 8-C weapons without prep time. That simple.

2. How does that address my point? The point is Toby needs feats of seeing through illusions for his Spider-Sense to mean anything against Beck's here.

3. Mysterio was against Peter. You're confusing what part of the argument I'm addressing. Besides, neither of those guys are anything like Mysterio so the comparison is moot anyways.

1. Toby will definitely be able to it him. He's way more experienced and agile than Tom Holland especially in Black Suit form. All his preps are up to Building level while Sandman is Building Level in base form, higher when enlarged.

2. That's not how Spider Sense worsks. It detects danger. Even if it is some virtual illusion it still tell him when something is wrong.

3. Both hit harder than Mysterio. He's already fought a version of Sandman who was also building level in base, higher when large sized. Mysterio would have to not get hit once which I doubt.

Maguire being experienced is arguable. Holland has fought way more threats than him, hell he was in a war, so while. Looking up, Holland's been active for four years, while Maguire has been active for three to four as well (Using his time at the college we can figure it out. At most two years between Spider-Man 1 and 2, as he left High School at 1 and was in his first year at college, while there's not a significant amount of time passed between 2 and 3 as Spidey Peter started his second year in 3). So for the variety of experience Holland has, he is technically the more seasoned Spidey

Also, can you provide an example of Maguire being more agile?

Beck is 8-C in his base, he's higher with prep.

Beck's illusions are 3-D, as shown in Civil War, so "omniversal direction sensing" isn't very helpful. Also, he can definitely not detect fake things from real things, that's just speculation because Maguire never encountered a "fake thing". If anything, his Spider-Sense wastes ungodly amounts of time detecting non-threats.

Mysterio wrecked multiple buildings, levelled an entire town (that's the version of MCU Sandman) and destroyed the London Bridge. Literally nothing in the Raimiverse, save for Doctor Octopus' reactor, compares to that. Also, Maguire got stomped by his Sandman, Goblin was the one who fought him off, and still Sandy didn't die. Raimi's Spider-Man literally defeated every villain in his movies through exploiting weaknesses, save for the Goblins.

Mysterio can actually avoid getting hit a single time since he plays evasively, and uses his illusions defensively to hide himself. Raimi can't detect those because they're not attacking him.

I'm sorry what? Sure it isn't like Maguire ever got completely ******, with his mouth bleeding out, him barely standing and his costume being ripped to shreds, oh no wait, that's literally every fight he was in.

Holland fought comparably to Captain America, defeated Falcon and Winter Soldier, absolutely ****** Outriders, Destroyed Mysterio in the hallway scene and kept up with Thanos and Cull Obsidian, all of this without getting damaged. The only character he didn't defeat was the Vulture, but that's because the fight was littered with CIS.

Name a fight Maguire wins with sheer strength. There are like, two. He defeats Octavius, Venom, Sandman and hell, even Green Goblin, by exploiting their weaknesses.

This is all besides the point anyhow. It's a Mysterio fight, not a Holland fight

And more threats? Are you serious? The Vulture was a family man with very limited knowledge on his tech all he knew was that the tech he had was powerful and started making weapons with it.

Mysterio was smart , yeah, but nowhere near Norman Osborn.

Norman Osborn was a genius with his tech, his bombs could vaporize, and was amped on drugs.

Doctor Ock is the same a literally genius and was about to destroy the city.

Sandman is already listed stronger than Mysterio what are you talking about venom aswell. You're going against the wiki at this point.

And mysterio is going to try to attack Spiderman revealing his location. If he hides the entire time it isn't a fight.

... have you seen the films? The level of downplay is real.

Vulture used alien technology and blaster which destroyed an entire ferry in a single hit. Name a single thing Goblin did on that level.

Mysterio was an entire team of ex-STARK employees who literally made tech that is far more advanced than literally anything Norman and Ock ever made. Again, Mysterio destroyed entire goddamn towns.

I love how you entirely bypassed Civil War, Endgame and Infinity War fights.

Norman used grenades and a glider. Big ******* woop. Nothing special

Ock was about to destroy the city by a NUCLEAR REACTOR. Even then, Ock himself was a pudgy guy with metal tentacles. Another big woop. Nothing special.

Um, can you literally copy paste both of their tiers? Mysterio is listed Upto 8-C, higher with prep. Sandman is listed 8-C, higher in giant form. I know this because I made those profiles, my dude... both are the same tier.

Maguire never defeated either Venom or Sandman, got godstomped by them, so they don't compare. Woopidy doo.

Mysterio isn't going to break character. He has drones for attacking.

Anyways, OP is banned, so I'm counting votes now.

Spider-Man literally had no reasoning for him, so I won't count the FRAs prior ShisuiXItachi's reasoning.

Mysterio: 5

Spider-Man: 1

Two votes left for Mysterio til grace

No you're overhyping

I stated Vulture had experienced tech however he was no genius. He was just able to throw stuff together and make weapons out of them.

Yes a stark employee, not stark, a stark employee who will have to not get hit by Spiderman once.

You might want to rewatch the movies Blacksuit Spiderman curb stomped Sandman.

It was only the combined efforts of both sandman and venom is when he got curbstomped.

And yes they did I already listed the reasonings of why they put fra. It seems someone just wants there fictional character to win that badly. It's not that serious.

What has intelligence to do with anything here? Combat intelligence is not equal to academic intellect. That would imply Einstein was a kung-fu master. MCU Villains are far more dangerous than Raimi villains. That's it. It's not a Holland match in the first place, so why are you even bringing it up.

Beck still made his own tech, and drones, and suits. What did Osborn make again? Without billions of fundings and a gigantic team of researchers, that is.

And yes, Beck will avoid getting hit a single time as that is what he did the entire goddamn movie. Why would he not be invisible? Or try to attack Spider-Man himself? He's compulsive, sure, but he's not a straight up idiot who doesn't realize he's 2 tiers below his opponent. Beck uses his illusions, hides behind them ,and let his drones do the work, as that is whathe did in the entire film.

He curbstomped the 8-C Sandman. Not the Giant Sandman.

Fair point, but still, Venom and Giant Sandman were significantly superior to Maguire.

Eh, I honestly couldn't care less about who wins here. The reasoning was flawed as they were based on speculative logic, i.e. "Holland Spider-Sense is weaker" and "Mysterio doesn't go for the kill". You're basically gone far from that reasoning.

Idk, he was in the original Spider-Man games, and was featured in the Raimi games as well. I think he's kinda been in every one except for the Amazing Games and Insomniac one.

This is not true. Shattered Dimensions Mysterio is low multiversal.

He's a punching bag in the Rami games, which was the version being referenced.

Norman Osborn was capable of killing military officers if you don't remember lmao.

Seriously? Dock ock was about to destroy the city. Sand Man and Venom would've took over New York had it not been for Spiderman and new goblin. Vulture would've been taken out easily due to being inexperienced by Tobey. He would literally just throw shit together. You keep saying Holland has had more threats when in reality Mysterio was the only one, and even still he should've beaten him way quicker.

You know he actually worked for Tony beforehand correct? So it's not like he was broke. He left because Stark made fun of him. That's it.

The only reason he was getting beat as much as he was, was because he walked straight into a trap to save Mary Jane. When it was a fair fight Spiderman thrashed Spiderman. You are saying things without putting them into context.

Also tobeys Spiderman got him by the side of a speed train about three times.

The votes had reasoning. They count.

Dude, Mysterio launched attacks world wide and pulled the wool over on sheild. Ock and Osborn don't even compare. Nearly destroyed New York? Successfully caused several world wide rampages. Mysterio one ups them.

Forget about Civil War did ya? And Infinity War?

When it was a fair fight without the suit, Tobey couldn't even hurt Sandman. Remember how his punch didn't do shit during the armoured truck fight?

Also, seeing as how Toby directly blocking a speeding train is only wall level, I don't see how bashing him against the side is any more impressive for his durability.

Tom Holland needed to be saved in both Infinity War and Endgame.

Name one fight within those movies he handled on his own.

Actually name on fight in any series Tom Holland was in that he didn't needed help or didn't win without being a punching bag first.

Spiderman was able to handle Dock Ock before the train incident Thrashed Spiderman Thrashed New Goblin twice

My point was Tom Holland was reluctant to get hit by a train while Tobey took 3 hits from it and proceeded to poop on Sandman.

That was when he first met sandman and didn't even understand his abilities nor had the black suit.

That doesn't help Mysterio in this fight. Unless you actually think he's going to bomb an entire city block to kill tobey which isn't even inc.

Falcon and Winter Soldier. He beat them both pretty well until Falcon ambushed him with tech and sent them out the window. Bucky was even intimidated when Tom turned his arm back.

Same goes for Rami. He got the hell beat out of him by Goblin, New Goblin, Sandman, and Venom on the first run through. He got a lucky hit in New Goblin and he was running the whole fight. He flat out ran from Osborn on the second. He needed to be saved by Harry against Venom. Literally the only guy he fought squarely the first go around was Ock and he still needed to be saved by May.

The train Holland got hit by was 8-C. Rami's was 9-B.

Only it is. This guy destroyed entire towns. He doesn't give a shit about collateral.

Yeesh...people seem WAY more focused on the Tobey vs Tom element here (even tho we had a VS thread recently and Tom won). Now...focusing on the actual combatants here, Tobey's Spider-Sense has never shown any resistance to illusions, and nothing with his Senses hints that it could do so. With a month of prep, Mysterio can mess around a lot with the grief Raimi Spider-Man has in his life (ex. his uncle, Harry, Octavius. List goes on). This fight is basically what happened to MCU Spider-Man when Mysterio first fought him. Plus, Raimi is gonna have a hard time with danmaku. Plus, the Black Suit doesn't exactly put Raimi Spider-Man in the clearest headset. He's gonna be easy to anger.

I'm voting Mysterio.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier definitely beat him what are you talking about.

New Goblin??? WHEN?? You talking about when he was chasing Peter through that alley way? He left unscathed lmao and Harry ended up losing memory from the injury lol. It wasn't lucky he can actually plan his attacks

No he needed help because he it was Sandman and Venom.

You are being extremely dishonest in everything you are saying right now.

Prep time doesn't grant prior knowledge. Besides that, I agree. Tobey has never fought anyone even remotely like Mysterio, has no way past illusions, and would have no way of finding where the real Beck was to hit him in the first place.

ShisuiXItachi said:

New Goblin??? WHEN?? You talking about when he was chasing Peter through that alley way? He left unscathed lmao and Harry ended up losing memory from the injury lol. It wasn't lucky he can actually plan his attacks

He had them webbed to the floor at the end of the fight.

Because clearly cutting a gash across his stomach, throwing him through buildings, etc didn't daze him any. Sure. Peter got lucky then the fall gave Harry amnesia.

Venom on his own kicked his ass and tied him up. "Never wound what you can't kill." Then Harry rushed in, died, etc etc.

No, I'm not. I watched the hell out of these movies as a kid. I have posters of them on my wall. Leave your appeal to motive BS out of this.

ShisuiXItachi said:

Not really important to this thread, but

A) Falcon is MUCH weaker than Spider-Man.

B) The Civil War fight scene makes it pretty clear Spidey was stronger than Bucky. He proceeded to stomp him and Falcon, only being stopped when Red Wing took him away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back