• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Six completely cloaked drones that he doesn't know the placement or distance off attacking him in a small hallway is less impressive than a ton of drones in a place Peter can easily outmaneuver them and sees them coming from a mile away"

Now you are just saying laughable stuff.

His spider sense told let him deal with them and the drones being stationary takes away friction their danger and again the drones were few. On the bridge there were a lot more that he had to evade and they were constantly chasing him down

A lot more that he saw coming, again, from a mile away whwre he could abuse all his ability to move and weave around them. Not a small hallway where getting out of the way of one could easily put him in the attack line of another.

Compare both feats with and without Spider Sense. If you still think cloaked drones in super realistic illusions in a small corridor is less hard in both cases, I cannot take you seriously.

I didn't say it was only for sneak attacks, I'm saying that feat for spider sense isn't incredibly relevant as it's application there is nothing new or jarring enough to sway my opinion. Deku out classes Spidey in skill easily. With the spider sense, Peter can keep up enough to dodge Deku's moves. Pre cog is good like that.

What I am trying to get across to you is that Spidey sense is not consistent enough to beat Deku. Spidey loses hard in cqc without spidey sense, he loses at ranged, his LS is weaker, his combat experience is lesser, and his opponent analysis is incomparable to Deku's.

What Peter has is the spider sense to even the playing field despite all that, but it is not enough. Reacting to Deku's attacks is not enough if he's throwing them out consistently and always expecting a counterattack. Peter needs to consistently dodge Deku's attacks to win, because even a couple hits will be wearing him down with the AP diff. Peter needs to be 100% on point in this fight, but the spidey sense is not consistent unless he focuses. The fight with the drones showed this. If his spidey sense was as perfect as it was in the hallway as it was outside, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The spidey sense is not infallible or always active or perfect. It comes and goes as it wants unless Peter focuses solely on using it, and persists for a single sequence that could be considered dangerous. Deku is going to be tossing out strategies and attacks that Spidey needs to adapt to immediately, and he needs the spider sense for practically every single one of them. The spidey sense is good. It is not that good, especially against someone with Deku's mobility and skill.

He dodged those six drones with his pre cog which I've already said is enough to dodge Deku. The illusion part is irrelevant because he closed his eyes, so they didn't affect him at all. It is his best skill feat to date, I am not downplaying it. Him getting his ass kicked by the drones outside, however, is not impressive for his skill. You phrased him fighting those drones as if he was handling it easily. He wasn't. He got stomped on by their numbers and barely survived, only because he had a way of turning them off so they didn't obliterate him by going for Mysterio.

Peter w/o spidey sense << Deku Peter w/ spidey sense > Deku

He loses if his pre cog isn't consistent enough to help him dodge every attack Deku sends his way. Which it isn't. He can't focus on spidey sense for the entire fight.

>He needs to adapt

Spidey can adapt to things quickly, he adapted to Falcon, Thanos, Mysterio, Vulture.

>He got stomped outside of the building

Um no, when you watch the fight again, he was dealing with the things very well, the reason why he was so broken inside was due to Mysterio phsycophatically torturing him earlier

He didn't adapt to any of those characters other than Mysterio, and that isn't my main point anyway. Deku adapts better than him btw.

The fight he had right before he goes to the hallway and focuses on his spider sense is the one I'm referring to, where he's fighting the thousands of drones. Their numbers kicked his ass, if spider sense is as perfect as its being claimed to be when Peter isn't focusing, he wouldn't have gotten touched at all. But he got blasted and nearly died several times. There is a limit to his pre cog, it is not perfect or always on.

He doesn't lose any precog, I am not sure how many times I have to say he used it easily with his open eyes. You even see his eyes opened near the end of the fight. And it does, because Peter can react much better to anything Deku does no matter from where or how.

No, Deku doesn't outskill anything. You not believing the Bucky case doesn't change that it happened.

And he wasn't actually, it wasn't a cake in the walk, but he wasn't having much trouble. The biggest trouble he ever got was with the explosions, which are a bunch of AoE coming from many individual targets, and that sonic surprise attack while he was catching his breath. He didn't even lose any momentum getting rid of the drones while putting off the flames on himself.

Peter's Pre cog without his eyes closed is worse than his pre cog with them closed. That's fact.

He didn't outskill Bucky just because he blocked one punch from him and then got kicked by Falcon right after. That's not how skill works. Prove he outskilled Bucky or literally any other character that has decent skill feats, don't just say that because I don't believe it means my argument is invalid. I've given clear reasons as to why he didn't outskill Bucky at all, and it's contradictory that he outskilled Bucky since he couldn't do the same to Cap. He fanboyed like once that fight, he was perfectly ready to fight him and wasn't weighed down by his inner fan. That's headcanon.

The point is that Spidey sense isn't perfect or always on as some people are claiming. How did he get surprise attacked if the spidey sense makes him immune to surprise attacks? Because it's not perfect. It's not always on. Also peter beating the drones, is not a good skill feat for 1v1. It's a good feat for his mobility, crowd control and endurance. Not for fighting someone comparable to his mobility, with better ranged and higher AP and endurance.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
No it isn't, peter's spider sense is just as fine without eyes being closed
Please name a point in time where Peter showed as much skill as he did in the hallway vs Mysterio as he has anywhere else. That is literally the best skill feat he has ever performed. When Peter focuses solely on letting his Spidey sense guide him, he can perform great feats of precognition. When he is not, it is a semi random occurance that can be overwhelmed by sheer numbers, overt advantages his opponents have over him or too many sudden changes Peter isn't expecting. The hand gun scene after he opens his eyes is just a basic application of the spidey sense, alerting him to sneak attacks, and is not impressive enough to say he can outskill Izuku. It shows his precog is strong when used, which is obvious and something I've already noted is a win condition, not that his base combat skill is high enough to keep up with Deku.

The spidey sense does not consistently warn Peter of every single attack or movement the enemy is going to make unless he focuses on it and it alone, which was great for that hallway scene vs Mysterio, bad if he wants to win this fight. Deku is going to be on Spidey relentlessly, trying to KO him in the fastest, most efficient way possible right off the bat because he's at 20%, and the AP gap is high enough for him to do it if Peter gets hit too much. Not to mention that every attack Deku makes with his body is also going to be releasing air shots strong enough to stun and hurt other High 8-c's with better scaling than Spider-Man.

Add to this a combat experience gap + Deku's opponent fighting style analysis just seems like too much for Spidey to handle before he gets knocked out. His webs are pretty pointless as Deku can blast them with air pressure, and god help Peter if Izuku grabs on to them like he did against Shinsou, because Deku can be notorious for using his opponents abilities against them. Spider sense helps and is very good precog, but in direct combat, against someone with comparable mobility and higher stats otherwise, it is not a big enough difference for spider man to reliably win this fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back