• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man General Discussion

Watching episodes of Spider-Man: The Animated Series
Spidey has several feats of ripping out/bending metal objects:
-He rips out a sewer gate in "Night of the Lizard"
-Rips out and heavily bends a large metal door in "The Spider Slayer"
-He rips out a door for a zoo cage in "Kraven the Hunter"
If TAS Spidey is gonna be split into multiple keys these feats might be nice to calc since they are all very early in the series, they'd probably land in Class K or Class M

iirc many of those are ripped out of the walls rather than bent so they wouldn't yield much

We had a thread with lots of feats which I'll use for my calcs, though if you want to leave some here, feel free

yeah the sewer gate one was ripped out from the concrete wall so the yield would be rather low
but i'm pretty sure the zoo door was most likely connected to metal so he would be snapping some regardless, and he visibly bent the door in spider slayers
unknown.png

Yeah that'll probably yield Class M

Admittedly I had listed quite a few Class 10 to Class 100 feats throughout the series but I guess we could jump straight to Class M early on lol

Honestly with the amount of thick metal doors that get bent in the series, that's more consistent than any car throwing or tank flipping. Rhino also tears through an armored truck in one episode.

I've approved KLOL's Lizard calc and added it to Lizzie's page btw, I don't think Spidey should scale though, even if he did hold Lizzie at bay (imo Lizzie seemed way stronger considering how easily he restrained Pete with that bearhug)

Honestly with the amount of thick metal doors that get bent in the series, that's more consistent than any car throwing or tank flipping. Rhino also tears through an armored truck in one episode.
Alright then
I've approved KLOL's Lizard calc and added it to Lizzie's page btw, I don't think Spidey should scale though, even if he did hold Lizzie at bay (imo Lizzie seemed way stronger considering how easily he restrained Pete with that bearhug)
To add to this, Lizard was being slowed down due to being drenched in cold water, so even if Spidey did hold him back it was probably because of that

I only noticed this now but Lizard and Rhino have basically the opposite of weaknesses, with Lizards being cold temperatures and Rhinos being hot temperatures
Also Lizard slowing down in cold water should probably be added to his weakness section, seems pretty major

Cool
Since we're already on the topic of Spectacular can the pages be updated with my calc for Spidey dodging shockwaves? or is it major enough to warrant a CRT

Last edited:
I wouldn't use wood, it just looks like painted concrete, even in Fox wood was shown to splinter like normal IRL wood, and concrete here splinters like normal concrete, but painted.

Oh well, concrete has pretty poor tensile strength to begin with, which is why it usually needs heavy reinforcing like steel.
Aight

To my understanding bending feats use yield strenght
I just don't understand every other part of calcing a bending feat

Back