• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Oh yeah we can probably note on Fisk’s profile that he technically had RIPeter at his mercy in their flashback, and after reading the actual script, it says he was about to give a final blow to kill him.

just watched it, the gasp of disappointment in my theater when at to be continued sign showed up LOL
peak fiction though

The weight that one random spiderman was leg pressing in the chase scene looks absolutely massive, definitely needs a calc when higher quality stuff comes out. Looks like we could get Class K maybe Class M Spider-Verse.

Do the other Spider-Gang members have a bootleg dimensional travel watch at the end or is it just Gwen? I assumed they all have one because you need one to not glitch out in other universes, and they have reason to not use the Spider-Society version since they can be tracked

Do the other Spider-Gang members have a bootleg dimensional travel watch at the end or is it just Gwen? I assumed they all have one because you need one to not glitch out in other universes, and they have reason to not use the Spider-Society version since they can be tracked
Spider-Byte can just turn it off, she is with Gwen team in the end

Hobie probably doesn't even care, why are you overthinking this? given his personality he probably did it cuz why no?
He's still a logical thinker whose actions have practical purpose. That would defeat the purpose of him deliberately playing the long con knowing things would go poorly once Miles got involved

xzO3zGisRGM.jpg

Just finished watching the movie, and it was great! In particular, I really liked the Spot and how he starts off as a joke only to become a real threat after absorbing a lot of Dark Energy. He was the right amount of goofy at the beginning and threatening at the end, hope the final batte against him will be epic.
The only thing is that, since it is open ended, the quality of this movie is directly connected to the quality of the next one, so if they screw things up with the next movie than this one will be worse in handsight, at least for me since I care a lot about endings and I think they are the most important part of a story. But I am optimistic that they will do a great job since they built things up nicely with this movie.
Honestly, I find it funny that not too long ago I saw people actually arguing that animation was a dying media, only for two masterpiece like Puss in Boots: The Last Wish and Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse to come out and prove to everyone that great animated movies can still be made, it just requires effort, something that some people don't want to put in their movies in the constant research for easy money.
Later I might make a comment scaling wise, at least regarding the cosmology stuff since I sucks at calculations.

the quality of this movie is directly connected to the quality of the next one, so if they screw things up with the next movie than this one will be worse in handsight, at least for me since I care a lot about endings and I think they are the most important part of a story. But I am optimistic that they will do a great job since they built things up nicely with this movie.
I agree with pretty much all of this. If they stick the landing on the ending, I genuinely think that this might be the best superhero movie trilogy of all time. And personally, I have no reason to doubt them at this point. Having seen every movie that Phil Lord and Chris Miller have put out up to now, I don't think they've ever missed.

Well, aside from this one.

Just watched the film. Not sure if this is just recency bias, but as I'm feeling right now this genuinely might be the greatest animated film I've ever seen, and by far the best superhero film I've seen since Infinity War.

Phenomenal in every regard. Animation, story, characters. It was a perfect package. I can't wait for the next installment.

Every single frame was beautiful. I kept going "Oh my god" with each action sequence. I had no idea that degree of animation was even a thing. It blows every anime I've seen out of the water. Hell, even those heartfelt dialogues between Gwen and her father were masterfully crafted. All the comic references, the cartoon-like quirks, the gags. It was all masterfully done.

And Spot!??? Oh my goodness. The fact that this movie managed to turn a goofball run of the mill villain of the week into such a spectacular, godlike entity was insane. Every scene with him in it was so dynamic, funny, entertaining...

****. Man. 10/10. Might actually watch it again.

How are we gonna deal with Spider-Verse scaling? Since we know the characters we saw are intended to be the exact characters from their stories, they'd scale to Spider-Man Unlimited's 8-A and High Hypersonic

How are we gonna deal with Spectacular Spider-Man? Should we scale his existing keys to 8-A, Class M, and Hypersonic, or make a new key?

Does Spectacular Spidey even harm anyone? I swear he only appeared to drop a line and then had some minor appearences in the chase

Tho iirc, there's a scene that shows Spec Spidey holding a dead Captain Stacy, which means this Spidey is from a later point in the timeline than the show ends on, so he could be stronger than in the show

Tho iirc, there's a scene that shows Spec Spidey holding a dead Captain Stacy-
This (as in what I'm about to say) is only tangentially related, but man this whole situation must really suck for Gwen, huh? Not only did she learn that she's destined to die in the vast majority of multiverse, but also that her father or an equivalent of him shares basically the same fate.

That's a bit of a downer, I imagine. (I know she brought up the part about different versions of her dying when she was talking with Miles, but I'm just saying that it gets even worse when you factor in the part about her dad, as well.)

Oh yeah lets also not forget that her mother is also apparently so statistically likely (in the multiverse) to die that, even though we only seven different variants of her, only three of them are alive.

How are we gonna deal with Spider-Verse scaling? Since we know the characters we saw are intended to be the exact characters from their stories, they'd scale to Spider-Man Unlimited's 8-A and High Hypersonic
Another question: how are we going to deal with comic scaling? In Into the Spider-Verse, various issues and pages of Spider-Man real world comic book history are referenced as part of the lore, and Across the Spider-Verse outright states that every Spider-Man is destined to experience events ripped straight out of the comics, like Hobie giving up his costume in a dumpster (Amazing Spider-Man #50) and Jessica lifting a giant, iron mechanism above her head as water fills the room (Amazing Spider-Man #33).

Another question: how are we going to deal with comic scaling? In Into the Spider-Verse, various issues and pages of Spider-Man real world comic book history are referenced as part of the lore, and Across the Spider-Verse outright states that every Spider-Man is destined to experience events ripped straight out of the comics, like Hobie giving up his costume in a dumpster (Amazing Spider-Man #50) and Jessica lifting a giant, iron mechanism above her head as water fills the room (Amazing Spider-Man #33).
That can't be reconciled with the fact that in the Spider-Verse movie series continuity, the universes are designated with numbers already used by Marvel Comics, which officially designates the movie's universes with a 'B'

There’s nothing to deal with, they’re just part of the Marvel Multiverse.

actually the number problem and all that remember me that in DC all universes are interpreted as Earth 1 and call the others by another number, so technically 616 can be 163 from Earth 6363's perspective

(1:00)

Back