• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spender Battles a Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
I figured I'd throw Dargoo's verse against some low-tier D&D.

Richard Spender comes across an Allip. We'll say both are their highest tiers, speed is equalized, range is 10 meters so both are in range of each other's abilities. Fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse where the Allip's old body killed itself (since that's how an Allip is made).

Let's do this.

Richard Spender:

Allip: 7 (Apies, Dargoo, Litentric, Zach, Azoth, Ed, Iapitus)

Inconclusive:

D&D resists Existence Erasure, not even joking

I'll wait for Dargoo, but noted. Allip does not possess, but he does have Madness Manipulation by gibbering at those around them, driving them temporarily insane while he wails on them.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
In fact he gets possesed quite easily.
Uh, to be fair, that only continued to happen because Lucifer didn't kill Hijack while he was in Spender's body, which would happen here if the possession is spiritual-based.

IDK where the mindhax comes from, but Spender wouldn't get madnesshaxed as he doesn't mindread.

Allip doesn't use Possession.

Mr. Bambu said:
D&D resists Existence Erasure, not even joking
Spender's brand of EE affects intangible (honestly should be changed to non-corporeal but no one commented on that) spirits and ghosts.

And if he activates Spirit Trance and Shadow Chasms, I'm not sure the Allip would be able to react and fly before it's closed.

I don't mean it resists EE because of being intangible. I mean D&D as a verse can resist the Destruction spell, which destroys you in totality, with only higher tier spells like Wish being able to bring you back.

Dargoo Faust said:
IDK where the mindhax comes from, but Spender wouldn't get madnesshaxed as he doesn't mindread.
It comes from a couple of things. Allip's attacks are not physical by any means (being a ghost), but rather just tears away the willpower of the target. It also gibbers constantly, hence its Madness Hax,

Define 'resist'.

Because if the Destruction spell is automatically resisted by everyone I have no idea why it's even a thing in the verse.

And Spender EEs the soul and body, not sure if Destruction affects that too.

Mr. Bambu said:
It comes from a couple of things. Allip's attacks are not physical by any means (being a ghost), but rather just tears away the willpower of the target. It also gibbers constantly, hence its Madness Hax,
How fast does this happen?

They can make it not happen to them. It stops working. They are not erased from reality because "lolno".

Most spells can be resisted, Dargoo. However, D&D handles things, like most games, with game mechanics, namely a roll of a dice. A level 1 character can resist 2-A mindhax, but on this site it is discarded as game mechanics and thus they simply resist as is appropriate. In game, they have a chance of absolute failure and a chance of absolute success, but on this site, no such thing exists.

It does, IIRC.

The gibbering is "passive", of a sort- the Allip does it manually but it is never not doing it, if you see what I mean. It can't help it. That said, its madness hax is not incredibly potent and only keeps the target down for a short while.

Mr. Bambu said:
Most spells can be resisted, Dargoo. However, D&D handles things, like most games, with game mechanics, namely a roll of a dice. A level 1 character can resist 2-A mindhax, but on this site it is discarded as game mechanics and thus they simply resist as is appropriate. In game, they have a chance of absolute failure and a chance of absolute success, but on this site, no such thing exists.
So, Spender's EE has a chance of working and a chance of not working?

Not by the wiki's POV, no, because resistance doesn't work like that. In game, yes- but purely due to game mechanics. Hence why that roll of a dice thing is disregarded, it isn't canon to the game's lore and thus is basically bunk.

That... doesn't make any sense. There's plenty of stuff that operates on chance on the site. Plus, the way you put it, the attacks don't even function the way they do in-verse.

That also seems more like an attribute of the spell or power in question, not an innate resistance every character has.

Where does it imply in the lore that everyone in the verse resists 2-A mindhax?

" the attacks don't even function the way they do in-verse."

Wdym?

Also, what? Every character has the ability to resist it. Granted, to a lesser degree than those on the level of Destruction, but still.

They don't. By game mechanics, they could. Which is why it is refuted as game mechanics, because the "chance they do, chance they don't" implies they could resist things that from a lore point of view, they really couldn't. D&D has great baseline mindhax, don't get me wrong, but they should have 0% chance to resist a 2-A attack. And yet, from game mechanics, they'd have at least a 5%.

Me and Dargoo talked.

Alright discussed with Bambu spereatly, EE Chasms don't do anything.

So, that leaves regular light-based and ectoplasm attacks, as well as Spender's Shadow Manipulation.

He could ragdoll and pull the Allip by its shadow and form weapons to attack with out of other shadows, shoot projectile light and spec shots, or form spectral energy into bladed weapons and strings. Since the mindhax is gradual Spender would get freaked out pretty quickly and activate Spirit Trance, proceeding to blitz.

you really shoulda asked more about the Allip

D&D resists being interacted with by shadows. Lots of Shadow Magic does that. Additionally. Mind hax is not gradual, it just isn't long lasting- generally just enough to close the gap. Aside from that, valid.

Oh, lol.

How long would Spender have before the mindhax affects his ability to fight/reason?

Seconds, probably. It doesn't do it loudly and since both are in range, Spender would probably have a short while before he heard the Allip gibbering. Of course, getting closer to the Allip will certainly cause madness.

Oh, well, Spender's overconfidence sort of screws him over here, in his fight with Forge he didn't activate Spirit Trance after a couple of blows were thrown.

So, there would be two scenarios then;

Spender rushes in to attack with Spectral Energy or hax, and goes bonkers.

Spender gets spooked enough to use Spirit Trance.

I honestly think the former is more likely than the later; as he doesn't get another chance if he makes the wrong judgement, and that's absolutely what he did wrong in his fight with Forge.

Allip takes this 7-8/10 times.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I like the word gibbering.
EDIT: It's also 3 in the morning for me so I'm kinda out of it. Goodnight.
gibbering gibbering gibbers mc gibberston

Guess I'll go with Allip as well. I like matches where the character's, well, character actually seems to play a more significant role.

forgot all about this tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back