• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As for the Ogre, I'd say they are pretty close. The Ogre is certainly 9-B, but we don't have a metric for durability and they have been very inconsistent.

I do say their feats are very similar in strength- Surviving Dio's attack vs being knocked into the air, both were clearly affected and hurt.

In the end, for me, this comes down to Speedwagon's terrain advantage. If this were, say, in a forest, Speedwagon would likely lose. But this is close.

Hopefully we can both find some new feats- I'm enjoying this fight, after all.

...Might need a vote tally though.

how does the terrain help him..? There is nothing asround but trees.

And I already said I'm calcing the ogre stuff.

Looked at the chandelier scene- They seemed to be completely unaffected by it being kicked down at them by a Likely 8-B character in Straizo. (Although they got stuck, they didn't show any visible injury from this).

It's possible Straizo held back, but it's worth considering and calcing. At the very least, the zombies aren't slouches and have high AP to not make this seem like an outlier.

Terrain helps because leaving City Park is always an option, and if Speedwagon thinks the city would improve his chances, he'll go for it. Once in the city, he has the advantage.

Basically, Speedwagon is still a coward and would see no qualms with heading for a better location to fight.

Cacling it would at most yield high-end 9-C. And the guy being 8-B doesn't matter, as it would make it an automatic outlier.

ThePixelKirby said:
Terrain helps because leaving City Park is always an option, and if Speedwagon thinks the city would improve his chances, he'll go for it. Once in the city, he has the advantage.
Basically, Speedwagon is still a coward and would see no qualms with heading for a better location to fight.
runnign 2 kilometers away? That's self bfr dude.

And it' hard to run and parry at the same time, especally som,ething small like an arrow.

Even at high 9-C, they were completely unaffected, so I'd bargain their actual durabilities are higher.

Also, Speedwagon wouldn't purposely disqualify himself- Just play defensive and stay at a range while edging the fight towards the city.

Basically, any legal ways that exist that get him toward the city. Given their speeds, it won't take too long.

https://gfycat.com/BountifulIdealAntarcticfurseal The fact that a majority of the zombie's durability feats are them being curb stomped by 8-C and higher Hamon users makes them difficult to compare to Speedwagon- however, the fact that these people are always hitting them so hard makes it seem as if the zombies have some amount of durability to warrant that. They've survived 9-C attacks easily, but get one-shot by 8-C or 8-B attacks specifically meant to kill them. So I would say they are somewhere in between?

Dude, the goblin slayer would just keep fiering arrows. Luring you into an advantagous place is the main plan he deals with daily.

Then Speedwagon just dodged the arrows and continues gaining distance.

Looked it briefly over, and if the.. mace (What is that weapon called?) is made of iron, and the strike happened in one second, it could be 9-A.

Huess I'll make a crt, not right away tough.

All this back and forth of AP and stuff aside, which is probably best left for a CRT and until then this is what we have, Goblin Slayer is completely accostumed to hunting droves of little child-like things that constantly rely on trickery, scumminess and dirty play because they don't have much else. He has again and again pulled tactic after tactic just relying on what's available even when Elf Archer limited what he could do getting fed up with his constant trickery.

He's very adept at using his Shield for defense or offense and I don't see Speedwagon just sneaking on him effectively enough to circumvent him, especially when his usual prey is tons of small and quick ******* that can see in darkness while he... can't. Not even a good place in general to go hiding around.

If Goblin Slayer is 9-A then this is probably a mis-match.

And while Gonlin Slayer is use to sneaky opponents, they certainly won't be as familiar if Speedwagon plays safe and pulls them towards the city, in where it then tilts to Speedwagon's favor since he knows the city far, far better.

Dude, speedwagon can't slowly edge them two kilometers towards somewhere without the slayer noticing it. Especially since he plays it rahter defensive.

So you are saying it's inconclusive? Speedwagon would be more than smart enough not to charge at a literal knight in shining armor.

No, I am saying that speedwagon will eventually die to someone more skilled with ranged attacks. Again, worst comes to worste goblin slayer slaps out his scroll and cuts him in half from a range.

Arrows would never hit Speedwagon and the scroll feat isn't listed on the profile so there's little reason to believe it could one-shot Speedwagon until calcs or a CRT are made about it.

But if you could supply the force, please do.

Excuse me, why exactly wouldn't they? He can just keep shooting them, and arrows are ridicolously hard to block. The scroll can cutting someone who is much stronger than the goblin slayer himself, who you keep saying wagon is comparable to.

Also, if he keeps being out of range, that still counts as bfr. Anything that is outside of wagons range for a prolonged time is bfr.

Even with speed equalized, he's fast enough to dodge arrows. As well, I wouldn't quite say the Ogre is much stronger than GS himself. If GS survived a heavy blow from the ogre, unless you have durability feats from that ogre, that can't be said.

As well, if he's not going to follow Speedwagon, then he could easily abuse Goblin Slayer's lack of willingness to use mobility. Exact tactics, well, I'll need to consult a map of exactly where they start.

The ogre was litirally unharmed by a direct strike from the slayer. It's skin is specificly for stuff like that. And it's not easy to dodge an arrow, even if it's as fast as you, and when there are multiple being fired at you.

It's a goddamn plain with a few trees that they both can shoot through. Saying he can use that to his advantage somehow is not an argument. And wagon lacks the range to use said trees to anything.

Tough skin meant for tanking sword strikes =/= stronger than GS. If anything, we are looking at an outlier or something a CST can handle.

What..? It was so strong that it fought five of them at once, and the only damage it took was from the scroll and an arrow into the eye. And how the hell is one of the most dangerous objects the goblin slayer had, that shocked people for him having it, an outlier just because it can one-shot the ogre throug a cutting attack, something it has resistance in?

He wanted to use that thing to exterminate an entire nest of goblins at once after all.

You also didn't give an actual way for wagon to win. Him being sneaky won't work there, him trying to trick the slayer will not work, him tryting to go close range combat will get him killed, and him going for long ranged combat will only get him injured, and if problematic enough, killed by the scroll.

Again, the scroll feat is not on the profile and, if it is what you've said, make a CRT for it, as it would put him above 9-B.

One-shotting a 9-B is not 9-A, and it's in his standard equipment.

Even without it, youz didn't point out one thing that gives wagon the advantage.

If your 9-A durability calcs is true, the scroll's feat could possibly be up there, although that has to be calculated as well.

Also, again, staying defensive and allowing him to fire his arrows- I doubt he can fire them forever, and Speedwagon just needs Goblin Slayer to go on the offensive.

Did you not read after that? I calced wrong, and re-made it. Litirally two comments later.

You say that as if that would make him win, which is ridicolous. Dodging arrows (despite how ridicoloualy hard that is to do, which you don't seem to be aknowledging), over and over,will only use up his stamina while the goblin slayer can just jug down a stamina potion. If goblin slayer does attack, they would need to move two kilometers, wiith trees in the way, to get to city.

I also want actual proof that speedwagon will not attack the goblin slayer no matter what while he is attacking him from range, because thats just a stupid thing to do.

Speedwagon's a coward and wouldn't want to bomb rush into a literally fully armored knight when he could get a better position first.

Meanwhile, you haven't explained why Goblin Slayer would decide to not even attempt to engage in melee, especially when it's clear arrows won't hit (Even with speed equalized, they are both fast enough to do it.)

Exept he couldn't. He is being attacked and the only proper way to get to a better position is to run for more than two kilometers. Assuming he knows modern day central park enoughto tell where he is anyways.

And even then, how would being in the city change much of anthing at all? He still needs to go into melee range to fight.

What are you talking about? Clear that arrows don't hit? I just toild you how ridicolously hard it would be to dodge them. Litirally repeated it four times already. Goblin Slayer is litirally defined in-verse as a trap maker instead of a head on fighter, like goblins.

And I've told you multiple times how easy it would be to dodge because of their speeds.

Once in the city, Speedwagon knows the battlefield far better and can certainly sneak attack him. But besides that. Goblin Slayer isn't just going to stand in place and shoot arrows forever; I doubt he even has enough arrows for that, and there's little reason for him to want to stay at a range, either.

No, the arrows constantly tag people of gs' speed.

Sneak attack him... how in the hell? He would just keep gooing in the middle of the road and maybe get some alchohol to make molotovs. Beyond him always staying at range unless he needs to go close range, there is no realistic reason for speed wagon to reconize central park or know which way to run without getting in the places where he can't keep going straight.

Ambushing him is ridicolous, and if that's the only advantage the area would give him then your argument is really bad. GS has enhanced senses, litirally deals with this evry day of his life and wagon can't attacking him from range.

Buildings. He would see buildings. So then he'd know he could leave towards them, since hey, closer to a city than a forest.

And, for a wall-level character, there's not a whole lot that could stop Speedwagon from baiting GS out.

Also, he's a street thug. The amount of things he could make, come up with, etc. would be incredible, while GS would be inexperienced in the terrain and wouldn't know where to look.

Back