• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed of Electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there was Naruto with Kirin. It wasn't the speed of light, but statements imply that the lightning was far faster than usual.

WeeklyBattles said:
.01% the speed of light is still 29980 m/s, or mach 88
Did you forgotten to carry the 2 zeros or something? B/c I thought 0.01% SoL is 2997924.58 m/s, or about mach 8740.3.

Did you forgotten to carry the 2 zeros or something? B/c I thought 0.01% SoL is 2997924.58 m/s, or about mach 8740.3.

Nope. Its Mach 881.

Lightbuster30 said:
Curiously shouldn't lightning be faster than normal under certain circumstances? Ground to cloud lightning is far faster than the norm, up to 30% Light Speed. Or so I've read.

The leader of a lightning bolt (the part that actually moves through the air) is in the Mach 60 to 100+ range. AFTER the leader hits an object you get an ionized channel through which electricity can flow at much greater speeds, like in a wire, this is the 30% SoL ground to cloud lighting you are talking about. If you are dodging lightning you are ALWAYS dodging the leader, no exceptions.

Any above Mach 100 electricity feats need serious justification, because it shouldn't happen in the first place.

Well, we went by the average speed of the scientific university tests. We do not have the time and capacity to make massive revisions for the entire wiki at this point.

@Ant Question because i havent really been following the entire conversation lately, are we treating electrical attacks that are above 8-C in AP as being comparable to lightning in speed or did i misread something?

Nope. Its Mach 881.

No it isn't.

Since most online calculators suck, let's do this the formula way.

0.01% of X = y

0.01% of 299792458 = Y

Divide a percentage by 100 to convert from a percent to a decimal.

0.01/100 = 0.0001

0.0001(299792458) = 29979.2458m/s = Mach 88.104

Magi RobloxG said:
Nope. Its Mach 881. No it isn't.
Thats what the speed pages say. Take it up with them.

So has the rule been changed/added now that we know that electricity similar to lightning in AP is moving at a comparable speed?

No, the discussion never seemed to get properly resolved.

Also, I am not good enough with math and physics to write a proper explanation for the regulation.

Oh snap. I'm using 1/100th the speed of light. Everyone else is using something else right?

We I think we should use the drift velocity of the electron.

Looking at here, Although the drift velocity in a wire is small, the thermal velocity of the electrons tends to be quite large. Something of the order of 100,000 meters/sec. So they are buzzing about at random at high speeds, with a small superimposed drift velocity caused by the electric field.

100km/s = Mach 291.545.

I think.

@Matthew & WeeklyBattles

Feel free to discuss how to appropriately word a rule with other staff members, including the calculation group. You can use the mathematic formula information that I posted in the other thread as a basis if you wish.

@RinkakuKagune

Please stop derailing this thread.

I only just got to this thread, so I might be missing something here, but...

Would this rule that's been established affect electicity-based attacks rated below Building level? And if so, how would the speed of those attacks be determined?

No, only electricity comparable in power to natural lightning, anything below would have to be a case by case basis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back