• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Force Lightning question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
I've seen replies in some threads that say Force Lightning isn't real lightning but electricity, so is Force Lightning still treated as real lightning on this wiki, or is it just electricity? I tried to find a concrete answer, but a lot of the threads were a bit messy for me to read. How would that affect the ratings of the current characters if it isn't real lightning, because I know that some of the calcs seem to rely on Force Lightning being real lightning?

I've seen replies in some threads that say Force Lightning isn't real lightning but electricity, so is Force Lightning still treated as real lightning on this wiki, or is it just electricity? I tried to find a concrete answer, but a lot of the threads were a bit messy for me to read. How would that affect the ratings of the current characters if it isn't real lightning, because I know that some of the calcs seem to rely on Force Lightning being real lightning?
Are we talking about Legends or canon SW? (both even) since Force Lightning is somewhat different between the two.

Regardless I'm curious about this too.

I recall @Soldier_Blue made arguments about Force Lightning being real lightning that a lot of staff members agreed with, but do not remember the details.

Hmm, well I saw a few replies from @ByAsura saying that Force Lightning is electricity rather than lightning. But I couldn't tell what happened with those arguments
It's an electrical discharge on par with or superior to genuine lightning, so we regard them as comparable via (at least back then) lightning rules.

Seems to.
  • Additionally, for calculations that involve lightning speed, one has to consider that the speed of real electricity can change due to a variety of factors, but for practical purposes, concerning attacks that are electricity-based, if they display power comparable to that of natural lightning, they should be considered to move at a comparable speed. It is required to show that the electricity carries an energy of at least 1.6 billion Joules or a voltage of at least 100 million Volts in order to qualify.

Yeah, even natural lightning can also vary greatly in speed, and it's generally the more powerful the faster the lightning bolt is and fairly consistent with how both kinetic energy and thermal energy work. Lightning bolts that mainly realistically behave like static electricity and/or natural lightning bolts combined with also being like really strong are generally really fast as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back