• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When can lightning speed be applied to a non cloud to ground electricity attack?

I've seen people use lightning speed for multiple different electricity based attacks and then use that to upscale a verse to insane levels. And the people that do this justify using lightning speed because the ap of the attack is more powerful than a lightning bolt and so it would be faster. But if we go by that logic then even mha characters back in the second season would be lightning timers. So is this a valid argument or no?

Having more Ap does not make it faster. For example, light is faster than lightning, but it is not as powerful as lightning in terms of destructive effect. Moreover, if it is proven that the lightning used is real lightning, there is no problem in using it.

I think the higher AP thing is an argument because if its more powerful then there would be more electrons which would mean the electrons are moving faster. Not that higher AP in general means something is faster.

Having more Ap does not make it faster.
Not necessarily. As per our rules, if an electrical attack is calculated to have 1.6 billion joules and above, it can be considered MHS+ or Mach 1283.

Not necessarily. As per our rules, if an electrical attack is calculated to have 1.6 billion joules and above, it can be considered MHS+ or Mach 1283.
I would have to disagree. In a lot of cases the power of an electric based attack isn't because of the amount of charged particles (which is something that directly influences the speed of electricity) its because of some outside energy. for example Kashimo's lightning is made from cursed energy so its most likely enhanced by caused energy. Which would mean it its power doesn't come from a massive amount of particles and instead from the cursed energy.

Then make a CRT to change that and see if DontTalkDT agrees with you.

I would have to disagree. In a lot of cases the power of an electric based attack isn't because of the amount of charged particles (which is something that directly influences the speed of electricity) its because of some outside energy. for example Kashimo's lightning is made from cursed energy so its most likely enhanced by caused energy. Which would mean it its power doesn't come from a massive amount of particles and instead from the cursed energy.
We only allow real lightning to be used for speed scaling. If it's magical lightning that significantly breaks the laws of physics we don't use it anyway.

I have been curious as to what would one make of upwards lightning like ground to cloud lightning?

Back