• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Speed Equalized] Light Yagami vs Saitama

Light doesn't know Saitama's full name.

But, considering that Light is a genius and Saitama is... Himself, Light could trick Saitama, gets his name, and kill him.

So, Light.

Dbfan and critic said:
Saitama wins because he's saitama
Though probably saitama Because why would He tell light his full name
Did you mean "probably Light"?

Was it even said what Saitama's second name was?

Anyway, Kira has no way to know it without the shinigami eyes, that he wouldn't want to use.

Jucaslucas said:
Anyway, Kira has no way to know it without the shinigami eyes, that he wouldn't want to use.
I take it your voting for Saitama?

Jucaslucas said:
Kira could do it. Just imagine the situation, knowing Saitama's personality and the fact that he doesn't want to end the fights in one punch...

AidenBrooks999 said:
Jucaslucas said:
Kira could do it. Just imagine the situation, knowing Saitama's personality and the fact that he doesn't want to end the fights in one punch...
I'm gonig to have to agree with that, however if he was so inclined, Saitama could do just that.... Win in one punch. I'm with Saitama.

Light's a genius and Kira won't appear to be a threat, so Saitama won't have a reason to hit him.

Light takes this.

Saitama wins. He's in a battle, why would he tell Light his full name? Even if Light asks, Saitama would just say "'I'm a guy who's a hero for fun" or something.And even without the speed, Saitama's range is far greater - his punches have destroyed mountain ranges with air pressure, so their starting distance doesn't matter.

Every time saitama is asked who he is. he says "I'm just a guy who's a hero for fun" in the event that he gets a specfic "what is your name" he just sais saitama. nothing else.

And in the middle of a fight. he is certian not to just blurt out his full name.

Given the situation Saitama takes it. it takes too much of a specific senerio for him to kill saitama. as wellhis AP and durability other wise is just god awfull. even with "speed equalized" he can not match saitama's range and such. when saitama gets into actually going after you. he charges at you harshly.

The very specific need of saitama's name is what makes him LOSE this fight. as well as needing ti wright it down in a deth note

easily saitama

I would take Death Note any day over another Superman ripoff but uh...

Light would have a hard time with Saitama, who could casually wipe him out of existence by just breathing on him too harshly. The only thing I'd say is his chance is possibly manipulating Saitama, and since Saitama is pretty open to that (generally allowing an enemy to live for quite a while prior to ending the fight and not knowing the implications of the Death Note...)

Hm. Actually, Light I think would take this. Put me down for Light.

If Light sees even a glimpse of how much of a threat Saitama legitimately is to him, he would consider Shinigami eyes, which would undoubtedly result in Saitama's death. Otoh, Saitama would be clueless about Light's intentions. Light takes this.

That makes it 5-4-0 (5 Saitama, 4 Light, 0 Inconclusive).

I'd like the Saitama voters to consider Saitama's actual psyche for a second to think about if someone of Light's caliber (an intelligence at least equal to the world's greatest detective, a profession specifically made to find out information through any means) could find out Saitama's name somehow; Saitama is noted as an average of below average intellect, not to mention his mind wanders. Light could easily manipulate him.

@Bambu that's true, but even if everyone agreed that there was no possible way to get Saitama to admit his full name, Light can still get it and then kill Saitama without exposing his intentions.

I don't see Light convincing Saitama before he gets a light tap to the head and dies.

It's not like Saitama looks that impressive, and Kira will die in the first hit, so, Light wouldn't be able to notice how strong he is.

Also, normal humans in OMP seem way more durable than the ones in Death Note. They can survive some pretty impossible stuff. Saitama might want to try to just knock him out and kill him by accident, if isn't aware of this difference.

So these are one of those match ups where the character's personality and wits essentially determine the victor? Cool, not often I see threads like these.

For now I'm going to go with Light for the reasons stated by Slaphappyjoy and Mr. Bambu, in terms of intelligence Light is superior and if he does witness the sheer power Saitama is capable of, Light would likely consider him a threat. Knowing how smart and manipulative Light is compared to a more or less above-average intelligent Saitama, I'm willing to bet Light could figure out Caped Baldy's real name be it over a long period of time or otherwise.

@Radical yea, I don't see him signing his actual name.

@Jucaslucas Light would definitely try to have a conversation with him, but I'm not sure why there would be any casual physical contact between the two in the first place. He'd probably notice how strong Saitama is just by watching him. To be clear, I'm not saying a tap to the head wouldn't kill Light, because it surely would.

How could Light notice how strong Saitama is without being shown? It's not like he looks impressive or anything. He certainly wouldn't try to use shinigami eyes with just that amount of information.

How would he get to know how strong Saitama is just by talking? By appearence, he's just a really fit human. And it's not like he goes around saying that he's an unbeatable powerhouse or anything.

Jucaslucas said:
Light is easily capable of determining at least confidence and mentality via conversation. Assuming that a conversation, which there is no doubt that there will be, Light could determine that Saitama is casually unafraid of everything and at least gauge him as some sort of threat, as even physical looks suggest Saitama is a pretty strong dude (athletic human).

Fair enough, but my money is still on Yagami.

I'm leaning towards Light. Even if looking through police records would count as prep and is scratched, once he learns his name is Saitama, he can go through the database and write his name down while Saitama is none the wiser...

I don't see why Saitama would just stand there and let Light go away to look for his name.

Also, Saitama doesn't live in Japan, so his name wouldn't be in any police records Light would have access to.

I somehow see Light winning. Why not use the fact that he usually says "hero for fun" and try to get his full name as pretending to being a reporter, writing down just his name or even helping him dispose of himself by "committing suicide," which could result in Saitama jumping into space and then BOOM, Saitama is dead.

Light 6/10

Jucaslucas said:
I don't see why Saitama would just stand there and let Light go away to look for his name.
Also, Saitama doesn't live in Japan, so his name wouldn't be in any police records Light would have access to.
Actually, Light would potentially have access to any information on criminals in the world- it is blatantly obvious that all police agencies in Death Note have a connection of some sort and he has punished criminals in countries outside of his own Japan. This is also potentially furthered by his relation with the SPK agency, which would further his ability to find knowledge. If these fail, Light could simply use the internet- Saitama is a hero and his information is likely logged somewhere.

Im not trying to be a pain but how would Light exactly get Saitama's name and if you think about saitama's not that dumb irl scenario if your about to fight someone how likely is it you'll blurt out your name or give a complete stranger your name, WHEN YOUR ABOUT TO FIGHT, said person, just because they asked.

DatBoyNorbit said:
Im not trying to be a pain but how would Light exactly get Saitama's name and if you think about saitama's not that dumb irl scenario if your about to fight someone how likely is it you'll blurt out your name or give a complete stranger your name, WHEN YOUR ABOUT TO FIGHT, said person, just because they asked.
Yet he did that to Boros when he asked....

Plus Light was able to manipulate a detective into giving her, who first gave her a fake one. Saitama isn't that smart.

I would let you have that except, if your introducing each other and you have similar goals that really almost eliminates the stranger part so why not tell your name to the person your about to spar (though their spar was a fatal/deadly one but that's beside the point)

Mr. Bambu said:
Actually, Light would potentially have access to any information on criminals in the world- it is blatantly obvious that all police agencies in Death Note have a connection of some sort and he has punished criminals in countries outside of his own Japan. This is also potentially furthered by his relation with the SPK agency, which would further his ability to find knowledge. If these fail, Light could simply use the internet- Saitama is a hero and his information is likely logged somewhere.
Why any database in Light's world would have Saitama's name? They don't live in the same planet.

Are heroes' personal information just on the internet where anyone can see it? Light doesn't have the influence to get into the databases of the Heroes' association.

Jucaslucas said:
First off, they're fighting, so this is under the assumption that they have been on the same world.

Unprotected? Surely not. But protected against an entity that is essentially all powerful inside the law, as Light poses as L (the best detective in the world to the point of his saying that someone is guilty it is automatically assumed they are, or at least it would be believed if someone said so).

So yeah.

DatBoyNorbit said:
Why not tell names? Er. Possibly because an unnamed unknown killer is killing off literally hundreds to thousands of criminals and seemingly people who try to stop him and this person can be anyone... but you're right, no reason to use an alias.

Mr. Bambu said:
First off, they're fighting, so this is under the assumption that they have been on the same world.
Well, then Saitama wouldn't be dumb enough to give his name while there's a serial killer that kills people with their names going around.

Also, I always assume they are transported to a neutral verse. It doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Jucaslucas said:
As for your first bit, that's not exactly true. Saitama casually considers himself immortal (and even loathes the fact); that coupled with unbridled impulsiveness thus far and a lack of a formal education makes Saitama easy bait.

Back