• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Speed Equalized] Light Yagami vs Saitama

Saitama because he's too uncaring to tell his full name, and he's not of the most patient ones either. I remember him punching someone (I think it was Boros) because he was taking too long.

EDIT:

Also, this.

some guy from reddit said:
Force = Mass x Acceleration
Saitama puts no effort into his punches, they go fairly slow all things considered to give out such force. This means that his mass must be huge. But all that mass in a regular sized human body?

Saitama is really dense

Saitama takes this. Knowing the character, he would t even give Light the time of day. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even give Light his full name.

Saitama takes this. Not only would he more than likely not enact the effort to tell Light his full name, a pole from him would destroy Light completely. I don't see this turning into a mind game at all, Saitama is just gonna get annoyed, then hit him.

Is this current tally accurate?

Light: 8

Saitama: 7

Inconclusive: 1

Seconding RadicalR's decision that this match needs to be added to inconclusive, as this match can end in a variety of ways.

But if the speed is equalized here, I guess Light may be athletic enough to dodge Saitama's punches or something, even though Saitama's punches are strong enough to blow entire chunks of a cliffside with just air pressure alone.

However, I do not think Saitama is the type of person to punch people just because he/she asked for that person's name. Also, I do not think Saitama is the type of person that is sharp enough to know something is up in terms of casual person to person interactions, such as greetings.

Light however, excels in person to person interactions and social skills as he was shown to manipulate around many people (Misa, L, the police team, didn't he manage to form a cult involving him at the end of the series too after he died or something?)

As such, I will be voting for Light in this case due to better social skills and Saitama's lack of it.

If they have no prior knowledge of each other I don't see Saitama killing a random human out of nowhere, he usually only kills bad guys and light does an excellent job at pretending to be normal/good. Although if Light had no prior knowledge I'm not exactly sure why he'd be trying to kill Saitama... Where do they both start in the city? If we agree that they know nothing about each other but that they want the other dead/incapacitated,and they both start on opposite ends of an ally in a random city I see Saitama taking this. The only way I see Light taking it in this scenario is if he can somehow avoid Saitama and his punches until he gets a name out of him. This may be possible seeing as Light is insanely intelligent, while Saitama isn't so much; However, I'm not so sure Light wouldn't be startled and find it hard to think with someone punching out mountains coming after him, and Saitama could probably collapse a building on him.. I feel like I could be missing some stuff, so I almost want to lean toward inconclusive, but i have to give this one to Saitama I think.

I'm uncertain if 'Saitama' would be his real name. Also, I doubt Light, a physically normal human being, can dodge a punch from a character with NJ striking strength. His punches can easily create SHOCKWAVES. Also, it depends on how the scenario plays out if Light and Saitama meet. Are they bloodlusted? Are they already aware of who the other person is?

If so, Saitama would have at best 40 seconds to kill Light (before succumbing to a heart attack), which would happen. Light is a mass-murderer, and strays FAR from a path of redemption Saitama would consider compared to Garou, who never killed anyone. Blood-lusted Saitama wouldn't hold back a shockwave to kill a morally-corrupt and 'evil' person. Also, if Light wasn't in a direct-confrontation with Saitama, he wouldn't be able to kill him due to Saitama's unpopularity with the public, and bad luck with earning fame or recognition. Very few would know him as Saitama, others would know him under the alias of 'Caped Baldy'. Unless Light is using Shinigami Eyes to detect his name and face directly, Saitama wins. (Although, I don't know if the Death Note will work on Saitama if Yagami is already dead, then I'd say inconclusive if that's the case.)

Im gonna say unless Light is bloodlusted he would NOT use the shinigami eyes as that would decrease his lifespan. And does he even have it without access to Ryuk and given Ryuk's character would he even agree to give it to him? I think Ryuk would find it hilarious that Light can't kill this seemingly normal looking guy.

Also if Saitama figures out at all what Light can do, Light is screwed. Plus...how could Light even figure out saitama's true name? Saitama is lazy and unmotivated, even if pressured he'd just give a "Saitama" and if Light asked for more Saitama would get annoyed and tell him to leave him alone, and unfortunately as it seems even the Hero Association does not know Saitama's full name. so Light can't just access a database.

AquaWaifu said:
Alright, you don't understand a great deal about this so I'll explain it to you.

1. Light WOULD provided he knew that his lifetime would be much shorter via not using it.

2. He does have access to Ryuk; Ryuk is tethered to him for the most part and just follows him around.

3. Yes. Ryuk does not discriminate on who he makes deals with, that would be stupid, so of course he's going to make the deal with him if Light asks. Even Rem made the deal with someone she didn't like, so once again... bad point.

4. Light is a skilled internet user, managed to hack into his father's chief of police account to the point of accessing files only 100-150 people in the nation of Japan had access to. Given time Light could trace Saitama to his birth, especially with a notable hero like him.

Anything else? .-.

@Mr. Bambu, except Light has no knowledge of Saitama, so he wouldnt know what he'd be really dealing with.

But Ryuk has been shown to not help Light. you know especially when he was dying.

That sounds like an NLF. Theres nothing to even prove Saitama's name is under any sort of registry currently.

AquaWaifu said:
Of course not, but Light can see and Saitama pulls off some pretty ridiculous stuff regularly. If they aren't bloodlusted and Light sees Saitama then its reasonable to assume he sees him, say, casually kill a Dragon level.\

Sigh Ryuk has to kill the holder of his Death Note. That's stated in one of the first episodes and is common knowledge. Ryuk has helped Light. Often, actually- he pointed out his stalker, assisted him proving his innocence and actually stayed on Earth and left his Death Note simply because Light asked it.

It isn't NLF, it's research. Why would baby Saitama not be somewhere on the internet? People looked at him and said "oh hes gunna train to be gr8 one day, probably best to make sure he is the one in a million person not registered on this thing". No no no.

Saitama was perceptive enough to understand that Garou really wasn't a cold blooded killer. Or at least not a monster. Of course he saw him fight but at the same time he saw through his attempts to hide what he's doing. No one else noticed but him, maybe Bang too later. He's apathic not dumb, but he is academically incapable. And no one has any clue who Saitama really is since I doubt even the police in that one side story was able to find out any information about him.

Just a thought I wanna share.

Mr. Bambu said:
AquaWaifu said:
Of course not, but Light can see and Saitama pulls off some pretty ridiculous stuff regularly. If they aren't bloodlusted and Light sees Saitama then its reasonable to assume he sees him, say, casually kill a Dragon level.
  • Sigh* Ryuk has to kill the holder of his Death Note. That's stated in one of the first episodes and is common knowledge. Ryuk has helped Light. Often, actually- he pointed out his stalker, assisted him proving his innocence and actually stayed on Earth and left his Death Note simply because Light asked it.
It isn't NLF, it's research. Why would baby Saitama not be somewhere on the internet? People looked at him and said "oh hes gunna train to be gr8 one day, probably best to make sure he is the one in a million person not registered on this thing". No no no.

I think its kinda unfair to put in other hypotheticals like "Light would view Saitama killing something" it wasnt stated in the battle assumptions by the thread creator so...I calling bs on that.

The OP had the intention of making them fight. Why else would speed be equalized? If this is a theoretical encounter between the two there's no need for it since they won't view each other as an enemy at first. If someone were to argue that Saitama has no reason to kill Light then why would Light want to kill Saitama either?

Is it because he's a hero who's too destructive? He's been more helpful than any other hero. Is it because he's called a deceitful liar? Considering how things are going, many people are realizing that the guy who punches monsters with an apathic look may not be a deceitful liar after all.

There are many many factors here if you wanna head to an even more 'realistic' encounter.

But then why would there be a need for speed equalization in that case because unless it's a full on battle there's no need for it. Agreed on Ryuk having to kill Light in the end but AT THE SAME TIME, Ryuk was only forced to help him out before in the past because he was in a disadvantageous situation where he can't eat apples, something that was basically drugs to them. Unless there's some new sort of factor or forced scenario then there's no way Ryuk would help here at all.

Light's best bet would be to go to the precint and look for records. But considering this match, it's unlikely that it's just an encounter or that Saitama had no intent to kill. He's been perceptive enough to figure out things people would not understand with a glance like his view on Tatsumaki and why she 'bullies' Fubuki. I won't be surprised for him to sense something wrong or the hostile intent on Light.

Of course most of the time he seems stupid but he's definitely not dumb.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Even if he wasn't dumb, it took AT LEAST genius level IQs to figure out Light was a killer- he's a skilled actor.

@COB Exactly, I do think Saitama is perceptive enough to see some hidden malicious intent in Light. At current we have no proof that there is any data in OPM's world that details Saitama's full name, and Ryuk generally only helps to get something out of it, usually apples. And he has shown on several occasions to mess with Light for his own amusement.

AquaWaifu said:
No he hasn't. Ryuk is neutral for the most part, and never just messes with Light- he just doesn't point out information constantly. He's more beneficial than neutral.

Furthermore, you are monsterously lowballing what it took to get Light arrested in the first place- the literal best detective in the world (scratch that, top 3) took months to get him imprisoned because nobody else below his intelligence suspected him of anything, and he was only fully found out MUCH later after taking down said detective.

Light is a genius at covering himself and acting. Watch the anime. Go ahead.

As a side note, this match is clearly inconclusive and I think it should be added as such.

Mr. Bambu said:
As a side note, this match is clearly inconclusive and I think it should be added as such.

I agree. Its gonna hard to do Light since his WHOLE schtick is NOT directly confronting is opponents.

AquaWaifu said:
Snipperooni
Exactly. Saitama could win through nearly NLF punches and Light via hax.

Mr. Bambu said:
AquaWaifu said:
Snipperooni
Exactly. Saitama could win through nearly NLF punches and Light via hax.

if this was bloodlusted Saitama is screwed Im pretty sure once he finds Light, shock wave from casual punch equal dead Light and Ryuk floats there laughing his shinigami ass off.

Unfortunately this AINT bloodlusted

@AquaWaifu, do you even realize what you're saying? You're telling us that Saitama has a house, a credit card, has gone to school in his early days without ANY document? How in the hell did he even join the Hero Association without giving them a name? I'm positive they wouldn't accept "I'm just a guy who's a hero for fun" nor only "Saitama".

KoichiSamakibara said:
@AquaWaifu, do you even realize what you're saying? You're telling us that Saitama has a house, a credit card, has gone to school in his early days without ANY document? How in the hell did he even join the Hero Association without giving them a name? I'm positive they wouldn't accept "I'm just a guy who's a hero for fun" nor only "Saitama".

Im pretty sure they DID just accept the name Saitama, we've never seen BLAST's name. Even HA knows next to nothing about its NUMBER ONE S Rank Hero.

plus we've always seen Saitama address himself and others address him as Saitama, theres nothing so far that hints anyone knows his full name, in the past or otherwise.

AquaWaifu said:
... You must have never had any job applications, right? I mean, this is the only way for you to not understand how these things work. Ask one of your parents, or maybe stop being biased.

The reason for them to not know anything about Blast is the fact that they asked him in and he was happy to be of help for about a year untill he mysteriously vanished.

... Do you even live in the same reality as we do? Do you not know how society works? I'm gonna let you in on something: The OPM-verse might not even have such thing as 'full names', making it all the easier for Light.

KoichiSamakibara said:
Oh god. If his full name was just Saitama then this would be a stomp.

KoichiSamakibara said:
... You must have never had any job applications, right? I mean, this is the only way for you to not understand how these things work. Ask one of your parents, or maybe stop being biased.

The reason for them to not know anything about Blast is the fact that they asked him in and he was happy to be of help for about a year untill he mysteriously vanished.

... Do you even live in the same reality as we do? Do you not know how society works? I'm gonna let you in on something: The OPM-verse might not even have such thing as 'full names', making it all the easier for Light.
this still doesnt confirm Light would be avle to figure out Saitama's full name.

plus this being an anime most character tend to only be referred to by their family name, surname is generally only referred by close friends or family members. And well in the OPM setting, there isnt a lot of that. It can be assumed everyone does have full names but given the world Saitama lives in it cannot be assumed Police, or HA have info on him. Light would likely start with police records and come up with nothing, why would they have data on a guy like Saitama?

Theres nothing to hint that the Police or HA, where Light would most likely start and really could only have access to, whats he gonna do find out which school Saitama went to and look that up, good. Now how would he even think of which school to do? This all stems from the VS battle being very vaguely detailed by the creator of this thread, are they in visual range of each other, is Light trying to hide? Does Light have any immediate method of gaining info?

When it just says "a random city" thats REALLY vague, especially given these two combatants.

KoichiSamakibara said:
Inputting a couple more cents, I'm fairly certain Saitama is way too poor to own a credit card, since he lives in an apartment in an abandoned City Z. And, he used to be the average joe prior to his training, infact, if Light looked up information on Saitama before he signed up in the Hero Association, he would different because back then Saitama actually had hair. Also, Saitama failed the entire written exam when he was registering as an 'official' hero( likely because he input his actual motives for his reason to be a hero; for fun), if it wasn't for the physical exam, Saitama wouldn't have been in the Association at all.

Tiyne said:
Alright I'll tackle this.

Misconception One: Poor people don't have credit cards.

• Actually, we do, we just suck at paying for them and using them to buy anything bigger than a McDonalds meal.
Misconception Two: Losing hair = perfect disguise

• Noticing a lack of hair isn't exactly difficult- facial features make up most of recognition, otherwise every time you got a haircut the government would need a new ID for you
Misconception Three: This last bit somehow means identification wasn't an issue

• It doesn't.

AquaWaifu said:
Why would they have information on a guy like Saitama?
Nuclear powered punches ringing any bells?

Mr. Bambu said:
AquaWaifu said:
Alright, you don't understand a great deal about this so I'll explain it to you.

1. Light WOULD provided he knew that his lifetime would be much shorter via not using it.

2. He does have access to Ryuk; Ryuk is tethered to him for the most part and just follows him around.

3. Yes. Ryuk does not discriminate on who he makes deals with, that would be stupid, so of course he's going to make the deal with him if Light asks. Even Rem made the deal with someone she didn't like, so once again... bad point.

4. Light is a skilled internet user, managed to hack into his father's chief of police account to the point of accessing files only 100-150 people in the nation of Japan had access to. Given time Light could trace Saitama to his birth, especially with a notable hero like him.

Anything else? .-.
Also, Saitama isn't exactly 'notable'. He is a B-Class Hero, but his fame is not on par with any of the A-class or S-class heroes. Infact, the only time he was officially acknowledge by the public was when they despised him because they thought he was a fraud.

Another thing to mention, in the extra chapter; Pork Cutlet Bowl, the police question Saitama due to recent attacks on the officers, but near the end of it, they didn't get any information off him, not his name, not an address, or job information, only that he was a hero. So, not alot of information for Light to search through for police records...

Mr. Bambu said:
AquaWaifu said:
Why would they have information on a guy like Saitama?
Nuclear powered punches ringing any bells?

still most of them dont fully yet believe him to be as strong as he is, otherwise they would've bumped him up to S class by now. This is getting ridiculous, OPM didnt see any reason to prioritize Saitama's full name to be known or detailed at this point in the series, so its best to assume that HA for whatever reason just does not have the resources to find out his full name. Hell they all still think King is the strongest man.

Mr. Bambu said:
Tiyne said:
Alright I'll tackle this.

Misconception One: Poor people don't have credit cards.

• Actually, we do, we just suck at paying for them and using them to buy anything bigger than a McDonalds meal.
Misconception Two: Losing hair = perfect disguise

• Noticing a lack of hair isn't exactly difficult- facial features make up most of recognition, otherwise every time you got a haircut the government would need a new ID for you
Misconception Three: This last bit somehow means identification wasn't an issue

• It doesn't.
Alright, you got me on #2, just did a quick peak on the Death note wiki on the facial recognition thing, turns out you don't need hair. But, for #1, we never saw Saitama use a credit card or any form of currency other then coins. (Why do some of the quotes say 'Snip'?)

AquaWaifu said:
The fights takes place in a neutral universe, which means that Light is still connected to the World Government and has acess to most people's info if needed (he could say that he has a hint or two that Saitama might be related to Kira, for example) and easily take out Saitama by doing this.

It isn't hard for someone like Light to find out information about anybody on the planet, unless that person is protected by the government like L and N were. As far as we know, Saitama isn't.

KoichiSamakibara said:
AquaWaifu said:
The fights takes place in a neutral universe, which means that Light is still connected to the World Government and has acess to most people's info if needed (he could say that he has a hint or two that Saitama might be related to Kira, for example) and easily take out Saitama by doing this.
It isn't hard for someone like Light to find out information about anybody on the planet, unless that person is protected by the government like L and N were. As far as we know, Saitama isn't.

Hmm this seems like the battle starting point is giving Light a HUGE one sided advantage.

Yeah, I'm gonna switch mine to inconclusive. Not enough information on the battle-ground for this match, too vague to really see who can exactly win or not.

Tiyne said:
Snip is used to indicate response (sorta like @Mr. Bambu) without causing huge walls of text on the thread (it saves scrolling and stuff).

Tiyne said:
Yeah, I'm gonna switch mine to inconclusive. Not enough information on the battle-ground for this match, too vague to really see who can exactly win or not.

I will say one last thing...IF....they are within visual range of each other (which in pretty much EVERY VS on this whole site, the combatants ARE generally in that kind of range) and Saitama KNOWS Light is his opponent, he will run up and knock him out well before the time it would take for Light EVEN with the knowledge of Saitama's full name, to begin writing down his name.

That said since the batlle is described so vaguely, its just...inconclusive.

Back