• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Currently DxD is going through a content review, AP and Cosmology are already being reviewed, now it's the turn of Speed.
This was already discussed in this thread, but it didn't come to anything, that's why I bring this.
The reason why this thread is titled Part 1 is because before talking about speed, we must reach an agreement on 2 issues:

1) Boost doubles the speed

2) Light in DxD

Light in DxD
It is better explained here.

But to summarize the important points.

1. In DxD Dx Volume 6 the characters travel to another world where they are unable to use their powers, the reason? The laws of that world are different from those of their world. Indicating the dependence of the powers on the laws of the world.

2. All phenomena in the world of DxD have fixed laws and rules.

3. Demonic/Holy Power allows you to recreate phenomena using the imagination.

4. Magic allows you to recreate phenomena using calculations and equations.

In this case the phenomenon is Light, the laws of that phenomenon include the speed of light which is a constant, Demonic/Holy Power and Magic allow this phenomenon to be recreated, in conclusion Magical Light is at least as fast as real light.

Boost Speed and more
Next point, the effect of boosters.
Boost is the protagonist's main ability, an ability that functions as a duplicator to his power, and part of the power is speed.
Since volume 1 we have seen that through Boost, Issei can boost his speed, we see him going from being unable to react to Raynare's attacks at his Base to being able to keep up with her with multiple Boosts.
We see him use Boost in Balance Breaker and his speed increases as a result.

This can be simplified as Boost is a duplicator -> Boost increases speed -> Boost doubles speed.

I don't want to go into too much detail on this, but HERE, it is explained how the DxD Power System is a Universal Energy System.
This would mean that not only Boost but also other forms of power-ups also affect speed.

To be honest I don't really care how this thread ends, I just want to get this over with so we can continue with DxD updates.

BlackeJan, Digital_Franz and Phoenks if you don't agree with something just say "I don't agree", I'm not interested in hearing anything else.

Agree: MasqueTLDF(Light), Dragongod224(Light) Wankbreaker(light)
Disagree: Phoenks, Digital_Franz, BlackeJan(Light), Wankbreaker(boost), Dark_Soul20189
Neutral: MasqueTLDF(Boost), Dragongod224(Boost)

Last edited:
BlackeJan, Digital_Franz and Phoenks if you don't agree with something just say "I don't agree", I'm not interested in hearing anything else.
All arguments and counterarguments have already been explained in other threads.
I have no interest in wasting my time on circular discussions that lead nowhere
BlackeJan, Digital_Franz and Phoenks have already made it clear that they are not going to change their minds for anything, so
why should I listen to the same things I've heard before?

In any case, tell me if you agree with 1 or both of the points mentioned.

For the boost multiplier you just repeated same arguments from the previous thread
I wanted to make things as brief as possible

The arguments for Boost Speed are not complex, complicated to understand or require a thesis to explain.

1) We have a skill that amplifies the statistics of its user continuously
2) Every time its user uses it, their Power, which includes their AP, Striking Strength, Durability and Speed, increases.
3) The skill is directly described as a duplicator, it is said that its use increases the user's power exponentially.

With that in mind, why should I believe that Boost does not double speed?

3) The skill is directly described as a duplicator, it is said that its use increases the user's power exponentially.
Just because it doubles the power doesn't mean it's going to double the speed.
Because that's not how Multipliers work. You need direct statements of what it affects.

If the staff shows up I could write a post to debunk your "assumptions".

Just because it doubles the power doesn't mean it's going to double the speed.

Because that's not how Multipliers work. You need direct statements of what it affects.

If the staff shows up I could write a post to debunk your "assumptions".
I think I said that I'm not interested in hearing anything from you other than whether you agree or disagree with 1 or both of the points mentioned.

The fact that you are unable to understand something so simple is not my problem.

I will ignore any further comments from you, have fun talking to nothing.

please be kind to each other
I'm sorry Masque, but I lost my patience a while ago, and I don't want to waste a second talking to someone who refuses to listen.

If they wanted to prove that Boost doesn't double speed all they'd have to do is prove that Boost isn't a stat booster OR that using Boost doesn't increase speed OR that Boost isn't described as a doubler with exponential effects

All things that can't be proven because they're directly seen in the novels

All of their counterarguments seem to simply stem from disbelief

At this point I just want this to be over so I can move on to the rest.

Anyway, Masque, I thank you for starting all of this, it helped me finish some things I was working on.

I wanted to make things as brief as possible

The arguments for Boost Speed are not complex, complicated to understand or require a thesis to explain.

1) We have a skill that amplifies the statistics of its user continuously
2) Every time its user uses it, their Power, which includes their AP, Striking Strength, Durability and Speed, increases.

IT's not a me thing but a site rule thing. It's in the faq. The site is very strict on speed multipliers and as such almost all the time only a direct statement such as "doubles speed" or "double all physical abilities" will get stuff relating to multipliers to get accepted in those categories. IF not the double would just apply to ap and SS. I repeat power multipliers are only straightforward accepted for AP (yes even if the verse has UES and other stats are shown to increase". If you can bring even one sceneria where issei says he got 2times faster after using boost or someone else saying, just one and all this would change

I'm not a DXD expert but are there not some gear specifically speed inclined or durability inclined? focus on getting those multiplied i think that would be easier. Just a suggestion though

—This is it! This is where Kiba will come! My prediction was right. My hand — touched Kiba’s body. I didn’t let that moment escape!
[Transfer!!]
I transferred my power into Kiba at that exact moment. Suddenly, the booster on Kiba’s back and shoes started to release an excessive amount of aura. The booster let out too much aura because of my transfer.
“Guwa!”
Kiba couldn’t control his speed and, as a result, he crashed into the carpark.
…I was right. Kiba was a technique-type. In order to achieve the accuracy that the technique produced, he must’ve used the precise amount of aura that he needed. He adjusted his aura blast to the point where he was just barely able to maintain control as he increased his speed. So, if the amount of aura was increased, he wouldn’t be able to control it and would go wild. I was right. The moment I touched that guy and transferred the Red Dragon Emperor’s power, Kiba was… Kiba, who crash-landed into the carpark — twisted his leg. He wouldn’t be able to continue fighting at such a high-speed anymore. It was precisely because of such godly speed that he had this injury.

Issei can increase kiba speed with boost than how not issei increase his own speed with boost

All arguments and counterarguments have already been explained in other threads.
I have no interest in wasting my time on circular discussions that lead nowhere
BlackeJan, Digital_Franz and Phoenks have already made it clear that they are not going to change their minds for anything, so
why should I listen to the same things I've heard before?

Literally it can be the same case with u. Just cause u put the same argument in the OP doesn’t mean it should be accepted so don’t be acting like this for no reason. This is someone that wanna start something. Also, if u wanna cause people do such, I can look at u and say u just want upgrades just for the sakes of it so calm yourself

Anyways, just cause they can create something doesn’t mean the properties of it is still real. For example, Akeno creates the lighting that looks just like it but just cause she can create it doesn’t mean it moves as fast as it. Same thing with light, because it looks like light doesn’t mean it moves as fast

Last edited:
Literally it can be the same case with u. Just cause u put the same argument in the OP doesn’t mean it should be accepted so don’t be acting like this for no reason. This is someone that wanna start something. Also, if u wanna cause people do such, I can look at u and say u just want upgrades just for the sakes of it so calm yourself

Anyways, just cause they can create something doesn’t mean the properties of it is still real. For example, Akeno creates the lighting that looks just like it but just cause she can create it doesn’t mean it moves as fast as it. Same thing with light, because it looks like light doesn’t mean it moves as fast
I think I said that I'm not interested in hearing anything from you other than whether you agree or disagree with 1 or both of the points mentioned.

The fact that you are unable to understand something so simple is not my problem.

Please at least tell me if you are neutral on this.
IT's not a me thing but a site rule thing. It's in the faq. The site is very strict on speed multipliers and as such almost all the time only a direct statement such as "doubles speed" or "double all physical abilities" will get stuff relating to multipliers to get accepted in those categories. IF not the double would just apply to ap and SS. I repeat power multipliers are only straightforward accepted for AP (yes even if the verse has UES and other stats are shown to increase". If you can bring even one sceneria where issei says he got 2times faster after using boost or someone else saying, just one and all this would change
I haven't found the part of the Wiki where it says that, I would appreciate it if you could show it to me, although in any case that would only mean that the Wiki has a problem.
I'm not a DXD expert but are there not some gear specifically speed inclined or durability inclined? focus on getting those multiplied i think that would be easier. Just a suggestion though
I can think of several examples
-Excaliur Rapidly which boosts the speed of its wielder.

-The Knight's Evil Piece which enhances the speed and agility of the wielder.

-Another one I can think of is Illegal Move Triaina.
a technique that allows Issei to change his BxB into three forms based on the characteristics of the Evil Pieces.
Welsh Sonic Boost Knight The Knight form of the armor boosts only speed.
Welsh Dragonic Rook is the Rook form of the armor that boosts only Physical Strength and Durability. The armor is described as 6 times thicker than normal armor, meaning its Durability is 6 times greater, as the form boosts Physical Strength and Durability to the same level that means Physical Strength is also 6 times greater.
Both Welsh Dragonic Rook and Welsh Sonic Boost Knight are forms that arise from the same technique, so Welsh Sonic Boost Knight should have the same multiplier.

An example that shows how Boost increases Issei's speed greatly is in Volume 9, in the fight between Issei and Sairaorg.
At the beginning of said battle, Sairaorg restrained Blitzing Issei BxB several times.
Later in Volume 10, Base Sairaorg at full power and Issei BxB with several Boosts have a fight where they are evenly matched in all terms including speed.

I recommend you start actually trying to argue against criticisms instead of smugly brushing them off.

Sounds like a speed run to the RVR thread.

By the way, nobody is arguing that Issei can't increase speed with Boost. We are arguing that it doesn't work as a literal multiplier due to inconsistencies.

The mere fact u think it’s ok act with an attitude and I didn’t even do anything to u is astounding.
I recommend you start actually trying to argue against criticisms instead of smugly brushing them off.

By the way, nobody is arguing that Issei can't increase speed with Boost. We are arguing that it doesn't work as a literal multiplier due to inconsistencies.
Take his ass there tbh. A guy who starts nothing but trouble and wants to act like that is some type of fool that isn’t worth having around. He don’t want smoke from me

You guys have already made it clear that you're not going to change your mind.
I'm not going to change my mind either.

You guys want to waste time arguing over and over and over again, saying the same things over and over again without stopping and without getting anywhere?
I don't.

The "inconsistencies" of which are the difference in speed without Boost and with Boost, which were already discussed before.

At this point the refusal to accept Boost comes down to simple disbelief, and I have no problem with that, since it doesn't affect anything.

You don't believe the claims? Fine.
You don't believe the arguments? Fine.

All right, that just means I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.

I've already looked and tried to make a DxD speed scale without any multiplier and what I got was horrible.

You end up with characters that are capable of Blizted to characters that can Blizted to characters that move at Relativistic speeds but are not considered light speed or faster.

or characters that are capable of Blizted into characters that are capable of Blizted into FTL characters, but are still considered FTL.

please be kind to each other
Nah let them do it.
—This is it! This is where Kiba will come! My prediction was right. My hand — touched Kiba’s body. I didn’t let that moment escape!
[Transfer!!]
I transferred my power into Kiba at that exact moment. Suddenly, the booster on Kiba’s back and shoes started to release an excessive amount of aura. The booster let out too much aura because of my transfer.
“Guwa!”
Kiba couldn’t control his speed and, as a result, he crashed into the carpark.
…I was right. Kiba was a technique-type. In order to achieve the accuracy that the technique produced, he must’ve used the precise amount of aura that he needed. He adjusted his aura blast to the point where he was just barely able to maintain control as he increased his speed. So, if the amount of aura was increased, he wouldn’t be able to control it and would go wild. I was right. The moment I touched that guy and transferred the Red Dragon Emperor’s power, Kiba was… Kiba, who crash-landed into the carpark — twisted his leg. He wouldn’t be able to continue fighting at such a high-speed anymore. It was precisely because of such godly speed that he had this injury.

Issei can increase kiba speed with boost than how not issei increase his own speed with boost
Currently no one denies that Issei can boost his speed just that it is not multiplied. Furthermore, everything you said here makes no mention of any multiplication.

You guys want to waste time arguing over and over and over again, saying the same things over and over again without stopping and without getting anywhere?
I don't.

The "inconsistencies" of which are the difference in speed without Boost and with Boost, which were already discussed before.

At this point the refusal to accept Boost comes down to simple disbelief, and I have no problem with that, since it doesn't affect anything.

I've already looked and tried to make a DxD speed scale without any multiplier and what I got was horrible.

You end up with characters that are capable of Blizted to characters that can Blizted to characters that move at Relativistic speeds but are not considered light speed or faster.

or characters that are capable of Blizted into characters that are capable of Blizted into FTL characters, but are still considered FTL.
Literally your accusation is off the chart and I have no idea for your foolish hostility. We have our reason and u give yours so that means u just being hypocritical and assuming. No one wants drama yet u wanna start something go look in the mirror and do that then but either that be nice

I don't.

Not addressing counter arguments and just saying “Nuh uh” is a bad look for anyone who looks at your CRT, let alone thread mods and admins

I agree with the light portion, not the multiplier portion

@TotalMasterInfinity It is not your responsibility as a thread creator to engage with everything said on your threads. It is within your rights to simply ignore people. In fact, if you wish, you can get users added to your blocklist by contacting a bureaucrat.

With all of that said, it is similarly not your right to deride users who do post on your thread. It is within their rights to engage with a thread, even one they disagree with, for the purposes of pointing out the content they feel is wrong. The fact that you take that as an opportunity to paint them as stupid, as though they do not understand simple requests (rather than not agreeing with them) is a legitimate rule violation. Our policies require politeness, even if they do not require engagement- thus, your right is to not engage, not to slander them while doing so.

This is an informal warning. Play nice or don't play.

Back