• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed and power scaling problems with the Hulk(s)...and Wonder Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all of the "Hulks" should scale to the big guy him self, but for some reason Red Hulk only has Massiely Hypersonic speed dispite having fought Hulk, Thor, and Silver Surfer.

The same is true about She-Hulk and Red She-Hulk however I also have a problem with their tiering. Red She-Hulk's profile says that she clashed with the Hulk and if you click the link given on her page you'll see that she's not just fighting any Hulk, but WORLD BREAKER HULK!!! The fact that she is only High 5-A is quite frankly absurd. And She-Hulk's tiering is debatebly more so then that. Her profile states quite clearly that she is "More powerful than Red She-Hulk" and on top of that it also says that she not only fought but "curbstomped The Champion of the Universe " who him self is listed as 4-B and MFTL+.

And finaly we have Wonder Ma who has fought Thor, the Hulk, and Hercules. Yes, I know it says that he "fails to measure up to their full strength" but if thats really the case then wouldn't that just put him on the lower end of the 4-B spectrum? I mean he's also fought Ultro and acording to his profile "He shouldn't be much weaker than Red She-Hulk". And of course sense he fight them with out getting blized, he should also be upgraded to MFTL+.

In conclution I believe the fallowing is in order.

1: She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, and Wonder Man should all be upgraded to 4-B.

And 2: All 4 characters should be upgraded to MFTL+.

If there are any GOOD reason that these changes should not be made, please inform me in the comments below.

Thank you.

The problem here, as usual, is that Marvel is insanely inconsistent: Anybody can fight anybody, and keep up with the speed of anybody, no matter how little sense it makes.

If we would scale all of the non-flying powerhouse characters to the speed of Thor, without actually demonstrating anything remotely approaching such statistics on their own, then all of the "street level" characters would scale as well, and we would end up with absolutely everybody rated as having MFTL+ combat speed.

There are no good solutions here, as far as I am aware, but I suppose that it is possible that we should downgrade the speed level of characters such as the Champion as well, as they cannot fly.

In addition, the Red She-Hulk's own feat is only calculated as High 5-A, and we need a middle buffer tier between 5-B and 4-B for Marvel's physical powerhouse characters, so we had to make an estimation regarding which ones that are in-between the power of Thor and the Thing.

Okay. Thank you for the evaluation. Should we close this then?

Now hold on. I have just listed multible 4-B level characters that Wonder Man and She-Hulk have fought. How many more do they have to fight before it's considered "consistant"

P.S. Please don't close the tread right now. I have more to say but, I have to go to work.

We have had this discussion several times before, so I am afraid that this is not going to be accepted.

Again, anybody can fight anybody in Marvel, so we have to go with estimations. If we upgraded all of the High 5-A characters to 4-B and MFTL+, we would have to do the same with the 5-B characters who have kept up with them, and then upgrade all of the characters that have kept up with the 5-Bs, and so onwards.

In addition, this would also apply to upgrading all of the 4-B character to 3-B, due to Thor keeping up with Zeus, Odin, Gorr, Cul, and similar, so there is no end to it. As such, we have to draw the line somewhere.

Mind you the Byrne/Slott version of She-Hulk is my favourite Marvel character, but I have to go by the most rational statistics, not personal bias.

@Matthew

Do you think that we should add a discussion rule for this topic?

@Matthew

Okay, although I am rather tired of this topic regularly popping up.

So let me get this strate, if the next 10 Avengers comics were to show Wonder Man fighting and even beating a 4-B character in each one you still wouldn't up grade him?

Wonder Man is generally considered to be somewhere in-between Thor and the Thing in raw power, so no. Sorry.

Currently, Rogue with Wonder Man's power has been outclassed by both the Hulk and the Juggernaut. I do not think that they are generally considered to be in the same league as a Thor who does not hold back.

Anyway, I think that it is probably best to close this, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back