• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spamton Regen addition

Spamton NEO can regenerate his eyes, nose, mouth, and heart after they are destroyed by Kris' bigshots. The game acknowledges this, as it takes one failed usage of the attack for the features to grow back.

I believe this falls under Low-Mid regeneration.

Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, limited brain damage, and even severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating minor parts and more extensive internal damage.

This seems wack. As QrowBarr said, damage to them stays, so they don't seem to regenerate back automatically, so if we do allow it it'd just be Healing.

On top of that, his eyes/nose/mouth all visually stay on his sprite even after those sprites in attacks are destroyed, which would be weird if they're his actual features. He can create a bunch of other random objects for attacks, including smaller versions of himself, why not a face? (EDIT: And, Toby has had no qualms adding features like this to fights in the past, such as in the Metatron fight.)

On top of that, he later gets three hearts with glowing eyes; which makes me kinda doubt that they're actually vital organs for him. Particularly relevant since here he's inhabiting a robot, where the standards require parts meaningful for function to get destroyed.

On top of that, his eyes/nose/mouth all visually stay on his sprite even after those sprites in attacks are destroyed, which would be weird if they're his actual features. He can create a bunch of other random objects for attacks, including smaller versions of himself, why not a face? (EDIT: And, Toby has had no qualms adding features like this to fights in the past, such as in the Mettaton fight.)
Basically this. It's likely for the attack to be a giant head that he summoned, since he summons miniature versions of his head for attacking. Ergo the attack should be treated separately from Spamton himself

Would High-low work? The hearts are still a part of his body anyway, and the regen description matches it more

High-Low Healing, sure.

EDIT: Might even want to make it "Limited", since it'd presumably only work on those hearts. It has no demonstrations of healing anything else, despite that probably being helpful. But I wouldn't be too upset if y'all just wanted to consider it out-of-character for him to use it on anything else.

Last edited:
The damage remains after the second usage of the attack, but the features return after the third. I'll have to double check this though

To quote the Deltarune wiki (I'll try and find it happening in-game, it's just a very specific thing that isn't easy to find)

Eyes, Nose, and Mouth: A face appears on a separate box, where the SOUL is unable to enter. The eyes, nose and mouth each launch different projectiles and can be destroyed. Each part has 16 HP, normal shot deals 1 HP and big shot deals 4. When one part is destroyed, it does not re-appear the next time the attack is performed. If only one part remains, its attacks become harder to avoid. Once all three parts are destroyed, nothing happens when the attack is used, and after that, all three parts are restored.

Given that the "phone hands" attack is Spamton's actual body, it's not crazy to assume the big face is also his

I just checked, and it indeed comes back completely repaired after two turns of it being fully destroyed.

By the way, before performing the attack, Spamton says: "LOOK IN MY [Eyes] LOOK IN MY [Nose] LOOK IN MY [Mouth]"

Just like when he attacks with his heart: "KRIS, DON'T YOU WANNA BE [Part] OF MY BEAUTIFUL [Heart]?!"

So I think that attack is his actual face.

The damage remains after the second usage of the attack, but the features return after the third. I'll have to double check this though
Alright, let me check the game so I can verify, since I can't find footage anywhere else of him doing that

EDIT: Can confirm, after the second turn of his face being destroyed, it comes back fully restored.

Last edited:
that makes sense. I agree

Of course, I don't know if this is healing or regeneration because I didn't watch the video.

To quote the Deltarune wiki (I'll try and find it happening in-game, it's just a very specific thing that isn't easy to find)

Eyes, Nose, and Mouth: A face appears on a separate box, where the SOUL is unable to enter. The eyes, nose and mouth each launch different projectiles and can be destroyed. Each part has 16 HP, normal shot deals 1 HP and big shot deals 4. When one part is destroyed, it does not re-appear the next time the attack is performed. If only one part remains, its attacks become harder to avoid. Once all three parts are destroyed, nothing happens when the attack is used, and after that, all three parts are restored.

Given that the "phone hands" attack is Spamton's actual body, it's not crazy to assume the big face is also his
Fair enough, but thinking about it more, this doesn't actually change much, other than how broadly applicable it is.

Back