• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Namekian regen

Status
Not open for further replies.

This means he can regenerate as long as he has a head. How is this not mid regeneration?

Also, mid and high-mid overlap in that regard.

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a severed head, a single organ, or a finger.

Piccolo states that "Regeneration is nothing, so long as my head is intact".

The Daizenshuu 4 states that, "As long as their head is intact, they can return to normal," and "it seems that as long as their head remains they can regenerate all of their bodies' structure", suggesting that they can regenerate entirely from nothing but a head.

The Daizenshuu 7 states that "As long as their head remains, they have the ability to regenerate from any condition", once again suggesting that as long as their head intact, they can return to normal, even if they are just a head.

I think High-Mid is fine.
how did Goku kill King Piccolo by just going through his stomach
Shock?

Nappa managed to kill Piccolo with a single energy blast, and Frieza managed to kill Piccolo by drilling holes into his chest, both times after he leapt in the way to protect Gohan, and in the very next Saga, he managed to survive having an even larger hole drilled into his chest and then regenerated from it.

It seems to be based on the amount of trauma they are experiencing.

Oh ok that makes sense then, High-mid should be good as long as severed head is referring to just the head remaining. At first glance I thought it meant that High-Mid characters should be able to recover even if their head is ripped apart; I'll change my vote to High-mid

Shock?

Nappa managed to kill Piccolo with a single energy blast, and Frieza managed to kill Piccolo by drilling holes into his chest, both times after he leapt in the way to protect Gohan, and in the very next Saga, he managed to survive having an even larger hole drilled into his chest and then regenerated from it.

It seems to be based on the amount of trauma they are experiencing.
High mid regen neg

Mid regeneration doesn't sound like it cuts it; that implies he can grow his head back as opposed to him regenerating from his head. If we assume that the rest of his body is regenerated as long as his head is intact does sound like High-Mid which is ironically better. I'm fine with High-Mid but should probably be mentioned in the weakness section that he cannot regenerate when his head/brain is destroyed. And there also might be lowered regeneration of his stamina is depleted.

Mid regeneration doesn't sound like it cuts it; that implies he can grow his head back as opposed to him regenerating from his head. If we assume that the rest of his body is regenerated as long as his head is intact does sound like High-Mid which is ironically better. I'm fine with High-Mid but should probably be mentioned in the weakness section that he cannot regenerate when his head/brain is destroyed. And there also might be lowered regeneration of his stamina is depleted.
I suppose that makes sense, ironic as it is. Does this need more staff support?

Same, I agree with DDM.

Also, Piccolo dying from weaker attacks is due to him still requiring stamina to heal, we always see that regeneration takes some effort and causes pain to even regrow a single arm, and it likely becomes ineffective once Piccolo has his stamina depleted or is overwhelmed by an extremely powerful attack like Nappa's.

King Piccolo isn't an issue, at the time Namekians weren't a thing and they overall got retconned overtime. Other Namekians being unable to regenerate might as well be because they aren't as strong as Piccolo, and most of them are members of the Dragon Clan (or whatever they are called), which isn't hardwired for combat like Piccolo and Nail's clan.

They need energy to regenerate ( Example: Nail's PL decreasing after regenerating) and they lose energy if they take dmg (see Gohan vs Cell). That's why Piccolo and King piccolo couldn't regenerate against Nappa and King Piccolo. At its max potential it is indeed high mid

I agree with ddm, and I also think the mid or high-mid descriptions could use some work about the decapitation stuff

It should also be noted that the process of Regeneration takes a lot of stamina out of Piccolo, and if he has insufficent stamina to able to regenerate, he can succumb to his injuries

The profiles can be closed again and I also added soul absorption on 7-3's page since Moro has it

We forgot about these:

Lord Slug

Future Warrior

Future Warrior (Xenoverse 2)

Once that is done you can close the thread.

EDIT: We need to update the Regeneration Page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back