• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spaghetti Boss meets Blind Teleporter

Couldn't Diavolo try to set up a trap during Time Erase? Since Diavolo could just predict where Ryo would go, use TE to try and set up a trap(kinda like how he managed to somehow impale narancia during time erase). Or would it just not work?

Listentomyrhytm said:
Couldn't Diavolo try to set up a trap during Time Erase? Since Diavolo could just predict where Ryo would go, use TE to try and set up a trap(kinda like how he managed to somehow impale narancia during time erase). Or would it just not work?
Energy barrier says no

If there are people that can already predict his way of attacking because they are used to it, they can somewhat counter his attacks in CQC combat, since he is blind and can only sense other beings.

Thanks.

I'll keep my vote for Diavolo for now. I still think Diavolo actually stands a chance at landing some hits while Ryo will never realistically be able to land any, thus Diavolo wins but with high difficulty.

That being said, if another incon vote is needed for grace, you can change my vote to that.

Just remebering, Ryo has a 360┬░ field of vision and can sense espers around him + psychic energy,meaning stuff like attacking from behind and blinding with blood won't work, and with mind's eye he was able to teleport blitz 6 espers who already learned to exploit the weakness in his figthing style. (4th gif in his notable attacks)

He didn't use telekinesis even when he was pushed to the wall though. He was still fighting physically. Maybe he would eventually use TK if he's almost dead, but not in half of fight or something.

SpookyShadow said:
He didn't use telekinesis even when he was pushed to the wall though. He was still fighting physically. Maybe he would eventually use TK if he's almost dead, but not in half of fight or something.
He did. He used against Teruki in the middle of the fight

I'll change my vote to incon. The use of telekinesis ensures that after a time erase, Ryo will attempt to telekinesis Diavolo and one shot him. The problem is that there will be a small gap between time erase ending and Ryo being able to activate any thought based telekinesis. This means Diavolo has enough time to reactivate time erase, having precoged his death before time erase ends, and this process repeats.

The small gap can be closed with a thought based ability

Telekinesis

Diavolo needs to think again to do another Time Erase

When the Time Erase ends, him and Ryo will think at the same time, and thats when Diavolo will die

He won't be able to think faster than Diavolo will though. Ryo doesn't have a way to know exactly when time erase ends so there will be at least a small gap in time between time erase ending and Ryo attempting telekinesis. Diavolo knows when his erase will end though, so can reactivate as soon as it ends.

Yeah, but he would have to climb the building to be able to hit him, wich just leads to a game of cat and mouse inconclusive

PlotInducedStupidity said:
He won't be able to think faster than Diavolo will though. Ryo doesn't have a way to know exactly when time erase ends so there will be at least a small gap in time between time erase ending and Ryo attempting telekinesis. Diavolo knows when his erase will end though, so can reactivate as soon as it ends.
Ryo will know exactly where Diavolo is as soon as Time Erasure ends due to Mind's eye. That does not change anything. A single TK smash is enough to kill Diavolo.

He will, but he will need to sense his position and then activate telekinesis because time erase means Ryo will not have consciousness while it is active. The small gap between sensing Diavolo's presence and activating telekinesis is enough time for Diavolo, who will already know that Ryo will attack via telekinesis because of epitaph, to erase time again.

Doesn't Diavolo need to say King Crimson? Besides Diavolo still needs to try to attack (specially since bloodlust) which again, opens him up for an attack.

He doesn't need to say anything. Same as DIO doesn't need to say The World to stop time. If you want proof I'll find a link.

I may be mistaken, but doesn't bloodlust mean the character uses everything they have to win, rather than they become hyper aggressive?

"Bloodlust refers to a state where a character is fighting without any inhibitions, and cares about nothing other than defeating the enemy. Bloodlusted characters fear nothing, and won't hesitate taking injures if it leads to a higher probability of winning a battle."

Link would be appreciated, yes.

That to me seems to line up with my interpretation of characters becoming uninhibited by character induced stupidity. In this case Diavolo using epitaph before every time erase ends whereas he only did this against two opponents in character. Diavolo attacking would be suicidal rather than just taking injuries and thanks to epitaph he would know this.

Give me a minute on those links.

Can diavolo even use the other stand thing within time erasure? His profile says that the only place where he shows to be able to use it is in the NC anime opening. If he is gonna be using it constantly in between time erasures then that'd just make the time gap in between time skips bigger.

Listentomyrhytm said:
Why do people think Diavolo can attack in Time Erase? He can't, he just positions himself to then attack after Time Erase. Also, nobody knows what's happening during Time Erase, they just keep doing what they were going to do.
But he did attack in time erase literally 4-5 times throughout the part. He does it literally half the time.

Chariot190 said:
But he did attack in time erase literally 4-5 times throughout the part. He does it literally half the time.
Show those times in the part where Diavolo attacks in erased time. Interacting with inanimate objects dosn't count.

He can attack but at the end of time erase when it ends and everything goes back to normal, like he did with Polnareff when he stabbed himself with arrow. But during, not really iirc.

Chariot190 said:
Listentomyrhytm said:
Why do people think Diavolo can attack in Time Erase? He can't, he just positions himself to then attack after Time Erase. Also, nobody knows what's happening during Time Erase, they just keep doing what they were going to do.
Attacking during =/= attacking after using it. He only attacked while Time Erase was ending/had already ended.

Back