• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Space between universes

Shouldn't the space between universe or more specifically, universal spacetimes be 5th dimensional? Because obviously time by default is infinite, relating to its "snapshots", so shouldn't a space that dwarfs a uni+ structure be 5th dimensional? A larger hypervolume doesn't really make any sense here when factoring in time, it makes sense to be a higher dimension.

It can be, but there is no such thing as default in fiction, so it depends on the verse.
well just in terms of wiki standards, 4d spacetime would be infinite unless having contradictions, i have a specific verse in mind where the space that holds uni+ structures i feel like should be considered 5-D, but it isn't as of now and i just wanted to know what the logic is behind that and what we consider to be a 5d space, or space between universes, or spaces that house them

Shouldn't the space between universe or more specifically, universal spacetimes be 5th dimensional? Because obviously time by default is infinite, relating to its "snapshots", so shouldn't a space that dwarfs a uni+ structure be 5th dimensional? A larger hypervolume doesn't really make any sense here when factoring in time, it makes sense to be a higher dimension.
AFAIK containing things doesn't inherently make you superior to them. Think about the set of all natural numbers (1, 2, 3...) and the set of all natural even numbers (2, 4, 6...)
The former contains the latter but both sets are the same size: countably infinite.

AFAIK containing things doesn't inherently make you superior to them. Think about the set of all natural numbers (1, 2, 3...) and the set of all natural even numbers (2, 4, 6...)
The former contains the latter but both sets are the same size: countably infinite.
Doesn't time stem from the set of all real numbers? Is that not how we treat it on the wiki, uncountably infinite? This means the space containing it would also be uncountably infinitely larger than these uni+ structures, which would make it 5-D, or at least that is what i got from the standards.

I belive we treat the spaces between universes as 5D already.
Actually, it's not quite like that. According to Ultima, the plane encompassing perfectly parallel 1-dimensional lines that do not touch each other must be at least 2-dimensional. If we think of it as a space-time continuum, a plane that encompasses universes that share the same axis and plane, but at the same time are perfectly parallel to each other, may be higher dimensional, but there may be cases where it is not.

For two line segments to be parallel, you'd have to set it so they wouldn't touch regardless of how far they are extended, which wouldn't be possible if they stood side-by-side in 1-D space as in here, meaning you would need them to be displaced over a plane. Same thing happens with planes: For them to be parallel, they shouldn't ever be able to meet, so you'd need them to be displaced over 3-D space. Generalizing that to the 4-D case, spacetimes would obviously have to be displaced over a 5-D region (This works by definition, too: If they're different spacetime continuums then obviously they can't share the same space, in the way 3-D objects exist around us for instance)
Here is an excerpt from Ultima's comment.

Also, in order for this field to be higher dimensional, it is necessary that these 4D planes, which are displacing each other, still remain parallel to each other and do not touch each other. Or anything like that.

Actually, it's not quite like that. According to Ultima, the plane encompassing perfectly parallel 1-dimensional lines that do not touch each other must be at least 2-dimensional. If we think of it as a space-time continuum, a plane that encompasses universes that share the same axis and plane, but at the same time are perfectly parallel to each other, may be higher dimensional, but there may be cases where it is not.

Also, in order for this field to be higher dimensional, it is necessary that these 4D planes, which are displacing each other, still remain parallel to each other and do not touch each other. Or anything like that.
That actually makes a lot more sense.

Doesn't time stem from the set of all real numbers?
Not sure, though that would make sense, since there's always a smaller time interval between 2 points in time, similar to how there's always a smaller number to pick from if you tried to count up from 0 using real numbers.

i see, so what about this? These are excepted as 2-C structures, and there is a neutral space in between them, they will never touch, and are parallel to each other, would this be a 5-D space according to ultima's explanation?

i see, so what about this? These are excepted as 2-C structures, and there is a neutral space in between them, they will never touch, and are parallel to each other, would this be a 5-D space according to ultima's explanation?

Actually, I think this mean by parallel, multiple 1-dimensional lines that do not touch each other side by side can still fit inside a one-dimensional line. However, 1-dimensional parallel lines that are both side by side and one below the other cannot fit inside a 1-dimensional line. In order to fit into it, this plane must be at least 2-dimensional.

(Of course, this is my opinion, I think this is one of the exceptions.) But ask Ultima or DT about this and about DB. If they agree, I have no objection to this, it is a logic that I already adopt.

Actually, I think this mean by parallel, multiple 1-dimensional lines that do not touch each other side by side can still fit inside a one-dimensional line. However, 1-dimensional parallel lines that are both side by side and one below the other cannot fit inside a 1-dimensional line. In order to fit into it, this plane must be at least 2-dimensional.

(Of course, this is my opinion, I think this is one of the exceptions.) But ask Ultima or DT about this and about DB. If they agree, I have no objection to this, it is a logic that I already adopt.
yeah i can never get a hold of them, so i might be making a crt about it, because i feel like the space that holds these structures fits the criteria for low 1-C, just trying to get a better understanding to formulate my arguments better.

yeah i can never get a hold of them, so i might be making a crt about it, because i feel like the space that holds these structures fits the criteria for low 1-C, just trying to get a better understanding to formulate my arguments better.
If you can find a few statements or contexts referring to that space and if you can find a few statements between universes. Why not, we can see Low 1-C DB. After all, as I said, it is a logic I support as long as there is context and statement.

Shouldn't the space between universe or more specifically, universal spacetimes be 5th dimensional?
I think the space between universes can be higher dimensional depending on the verse, but its no always the case, for example DC has The Bleed as the space between universes but it is only a 4 dimensional structure.

Not sure, though that would make sense, since there's always a smaller time interval between 2 points in time, similar to how there's always a smaller number to pick from if you tried to count up from 0 using real numbers.
Exactly, the neutral space would be uncountable infinitely larger making it 5-D, along with ultima's explanation also.

I think the space between universes can be higher dimensional depending on the verse, but its no always the case, for example DC has The Bleed as the space between universes but it is only a 4 dimensional structure.
the bleed space is different, it's depicted as a tunnel spatial temporal construct that leads between universes and was directly explained to be 4-D, that isn't the case with the neutral zone.

Exactly, the neutral space would be uncountable infinitely larger making it 5-D, along with ultima's explanation also.
In fact, instead of being infinitely larger than 4D, it is to have +1 dimensional axis, movement or +1 coordinate axis according to 4D universes. It would be more correct to interpret it in this way.

In fact, instead of being infinitely larger than 4D, it is to have +1 dimensional axis, movement or +1 coordinate axis according to 4D universes. It would be more correct to interpret it in this way.
Would that be in terms of another temporal dimension in this case? When talking about spaces that contain 4-D spacetimes?

I'm confused, how would it be a spatial dimension instead of 3 spatial + 2 temporal? Or can a 4th spatial dimension hold temporal dimensions?
Because instead of +1 high hypertime/temporal dimension, it covers them spatially, i.e. physically, and has a +1 coordinate axis relative to them. This plane has the same temporal axis as the 4 dimensional space-time continuum, but it has +1 more dimensional axis than their spatial dimension. But it can be 3+2 depending on the situation.

Because instead of +1 high hypertime/temporal dimension, it covers them spatially, i.e. physically, and has a +1 coordinate axis relative to them. This plane has the same temporal axis as the 4 dimensional space-time continuum, but it has +1 more dimensional axis than their spatial dimension. But it can be 3+2 depending on the situation.
oh okay, so higher spatial dimensions can hold 4d spacetimes? Alright then, i'll keep that in mind.

It's the reason why you can't use multipliers to move from Low 2-C to 2-C. That universes are separated by indefinite intervals of space.
yes but im kind of confused on your comment here, are you saying the space that holds these uni+ structures are not 5d?

Ofc. It's even one of the requirements of 2-C. These universes must exist in a plane of at least 4 dimensional
Okay, I fully understand your point now how a larger spatial dimension can hold a 4d spacetime, here, so this would align with my premise in DB that these spaces are likely a higher spatial dimension, containing these 4d macrocosms, 12 of them to be exact, capable of holding 18. And the fact they do not touch each other at all, and aren't even visible when seen in a very large scope.

Okay, I fully understand your point now how a larger spatial dimension can hold a 4d spacetime, here, so this would align with my premise in DB that these spaces are likely a higher spatial dimension, containing these 4d macrocosms, 12 of them to be exact, capable of holding 18. And the fact they do not touch each other at all, and aren't even visible when seen in a very large scope.
I just talked to my friend and he said that there are "two sides of the coin" for the universes in DB, whose name I forgot, and they are parallel separate Low 2-C universes. If the other universes in the scan are parallel to each other like these two universes and they never touch each other in the same physical space, I guess these contexts... could make the plane 5-D. But as I said, I don't know the context very well, so what I say may not hold.

I just talked to my friend and he said that there are "two sides of the coin" for the universes in DB, whose name I forgot, and they are parallel separate Low 2-C universes. If the other universes in the scan are parallel to each other like these two universes and they never touch each other in the same physical space, I guess these contexts... could make the plane 5-D. But as I said, I don't know the context very well, so what I say may not hold.
He was talking about this right here. And the universes in DB are currently accepted to be 2-C having 5 or 6 universal spacetimes. And yes in that space they will never touch ever, you can't even actually see them even from a very large portion of the neutral zone, yet it's shown multiple times these universes are pairs to each other, i think this qualifies for low 1-C.

So it would be 4d macrocosm, 5d neutral zone, the macrocosm having 3 spatial+1 temporal, with the neutral space just being +1 coordinate axis, a 5d space.

If these parallel universes do not touch each other in any way in the same physical space, then yes, it might be Low 1-C. I mean... why not? No harm in trying.

If these parallel universes do not touch each other in any way in the same physical space, then yes, it might be Low 1-C. I mean... why not? No harm in trying.
yeah and as i linked above in the kingdom hearts thread, their verse follows a nearly identical line of reasoning, so i don't see why this wouldn't qualify, i'll probably make a crt, just need to formulate my arguments in a way that makes sense and is convincing.

Intuitively it may sound like it should, but more context from the specific story should be taken into account.

Stories don't necessarily treat spaces between worlds as higher dimensional, or even if they are treated as one, it doesn't automatically make those who are able to enter these spaces to be the same tier as the space themselves. Which is kinda the issue sometimes with battleboarders saying Character A is 1-C because they went to the space between worlds when all they did was basically just to travel from one universe to the next.

So basically, just don't fall into these classic powerscaling blunders.

Back