• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soviet Union vs The USA

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
So what if The Cold War turned to war, but didn't go nuclear?

1947 Soviet Union vs 1947 United States.

Fight to the absolute destruction or surrender of the other.

Other countries may ally and fight as they please with either side, but only the main two's surrender decide the fight.

Map below represents around the 1953 territory map.

Nukes are banned. All other rules of war are lifted.

Who wins and why?

Cold War WorldMap 1953

It's almost impossible to deduce, it's not about sheer power of their arsenal but the strategy. We don't know about the moves, about the places, use of resources et cetera.

Well, given the conditions, and the many factors.

I vote inconclusive.

Too many ***** to talk about and factor in.

From a purely geographical prospective and concerning allies, USA has huge advantages. Like, a game-breaking advantages. So if it comes down to the wire, I don't think there's a feasible way they would lose.

Thing is though, USA citizens would never tolerate having a prolonged war against another superpower (Especially if deemed unnecessary). So it's more likely that they surrender before Stalin ever does.

For those reasons, it's a damn toss up.

I watch a lot of WWII videos in my spare time.

Inconclusive for good reasons, I'll count that.

Back