• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soupy's Bracket Bowl: The Return! Round 4!

Ok. So my thought is. Dorian seems most comfortable up close. At least, his range stuff doesn't seem like it's the best usage. To cuphead, who only really uses range. From what I understand, the hypnotized thing doesn't stop their attacks. It even says in the page they still are attacking. But cuphead does have some stuff that would make killing him take at least long enough for him to figure out what's going on. Wide range attacks which short distance. Have a large AOE of sorts, Flight, Target seeming attacks. Hitting cuphead with range is the best option he has since getti nit yo close might get him caught in attacks seeking him, or large ranged attacks. His flight would make him harder to tag, and superior durability might let him last long enough.

It makes them continue attacking, the air. This hypnosis makes the enemy live their "perfect fight" in their heads, that is, a fight where they curbstomp. While the real Dorian is just staring there.

Yes. But if they still are attacking. I'm talking about his attacks which have large range or AOE. As well as targeting based attacks

What attacks have AoE to the point he can shoot in the wrong direction and still hit Dorian?

And homing attacks would aim for the hypnosis as well since they're an ability of Cuphead, unlike an actual homing gun.

Odd. I thought he had more. But doesn't look like he does.

If that's the case. Doesn't he just clap his way through this tournament? That's a pretty broken ability if it works that well

Gimme a sec so i can view the fighters and identify any abilities that can counter Dorian's hypnosis.

Part of You can counter if by flying, since iirc she almost never goes to ground level even if she has hypnotized Dorian wouldn't be able to hit her so... incon i guess?

Undyne counters via Danmaku if it's good enough (why the heck does she have resistance to heat manip? it should be one of her main weaknesses)

Cuphead can't do anything

Akira can't do anything

Mister X kinda counters via acid exudation and low-mid regen

Mugman is the same as Cuphead

Akuto kinda counters via forcefield creation if it's good enough... also via type 4 and 8 immortality i think so.. incon?

Janus' "stalker skeleton" has resistance to mind manip so he should get a pass

Mandalorian counters w/ truly homing attacks

Peter Griffin regen gg

Frank West can't do anything afaik

Actually i just remembered that metal cord can pretty much gg the guys that have regen so they get killed as well. Mister X's acids also wouldn't do much since Dorian can use the metal cord to gg him too, without getting in direct contact.

He has range from the looks too. Unless I'm wrong

But how does Danmaku counter? You said they wouldn't even be attacking his direction.

I kinda think so. It seems like he claps and GG most people. At most, very few seem they can only pull a possibly Thunder McQueen.

I don't think I can replace people on the site I'm using to keep track of the characters

Just treat Dorian like if he was Doppo.

Yeah, just re-do this match but with Doppo and continue like that

It's more fair than simply getting Cuphead a free pass imo

Alrighty. Well. This is more interesting. Doppos skill and analyzing prediction will make him much harder to touch. But cupheads range based stuff. Cuphead has a very spreadshot attack, Opponent seeking, and rapid fire ones. And I don't see Doppo having much a way to handle that well. His skills no doubt could dodge some attacks. But once cuphead starts using his more wide spread, seeking, and rapid stuff. He is bound to get tagged. Cupheads style uses distance and range. Doppo needs to get up close. So it's not the best situation for him.

Mawashi uke combined with AP honestly allows Doppo to hard counter most projectiles. Doppo even used MU to redirect a fire attack without suffering any burns and according to him it can work on guns and arrows without issue. So he should be able to close the gap without getting hit. Even if he is tagged, Doppo has likely higher durability along with ridiculous stamina and pain tolerance.

Once Doppo gets in close he can easily rip Cuphead apart the same way he did with Amanai. I see this as a win for Doppo.

Doppo scales vastly above Retsu's calc. Retsu generated 0.035 tons with the air pressure of his punches alone. Doppo is much stronger than Retsu.

OP says Cuphead simply scales to superior than 0.037 tons. So Doppo most defiantly has the AP edge.

If he's vastly above .035 Tons then he might be over the AP limit

Also It was superior to 0.03754 Tons

Back